Pics...

PHOTOS 4/9/2008

LYON

lyonthumb2.jpg

Newsreel special: Live Lyon photoblog

September 4, 2008 10.28 pm

Live from the venue in Lyon

news_line.png

10.28pm: And we're done. Amazing gig. Hope you enjoyed tagging along. See you next time...

butterflies.jpg

Anchorman

10.17pm: We made it just in time for the end of the B-stage bit, which is where the first pic is from. The other two are from Viva La Vida, which made 16,000 people go extremely tingly. It was quite a wrench to leave them all singing as we came back to post these. Roy Castle would be proud of us.

lb16.jpg

lb18.jpg

lb19.jpg

The key to live photography: take dozens and two or three might be half-decent

9.55pm: And here's one of Guy. Right, the B-stage section just started, we'll see if we can dash and take some pics of that.

lb15.jpg

9.46pm: Anchorman would never, not ever, claim to be a great live photographer. But these were taken during Fix You, which lifted the ceiling of the venue at least another few feet higher.

DSC_0024_3.jpg

DSC_0030_2.jpg

DSC_0016_3.jpg

In other news, there's a HUGE thunder storm going on outside the venue.

9.27pm: The chaps are on now, and the atmosphere is amazing in there. Here's a pic of them just before they went on, with tour manager Franksy...

lb14.jpg

8.58pm: Twelve minutes until stage time...

lb13.jpg

8.51pm: You'll never guess who we just ran into...

lb12.jpg

8.26pm: We just saw Prospekt. He wrote you a note.

lb11.jpg

8.06pm: Here's a picture of Albert, doing his thing. He's getting a good reception from what's now a pretty packed venue. At least he was for the 60 seconds we watched before we whizzed back to post this picture.

lb10.jpg

7.51pm: Guy, checking his emails at the band's PAs' desks, outside the dressing room. We're off to watch a bit of Albert Hammond Jr.

lb9.jpg

7.14pm: We've just bumped into Will and Jonny in catering. They were mainly talking about the following two things:

- The new ISS Pro Evolution game for the PS3 ("Brilliant," says Will)

- Jonny's all-time Spurs XI (as he just did an interview on that subject for the official Tottenham magazine). For the record, Jonny decided to use Paul "Gazza" Gascoigne as a second striker, as he already had an embarrassment of riches in his midfield.

lb8.jpg

Oh, and we've finally realised that we've been doing this whole blog on English time. We've adjusted it to French time now.

6.55pm: There are people in the venue. And they're all sitting very calmly on the floor, chatting and listening to ambient music over the PA. It is, we'd have to say, a slightly surreal scene. And it's still over an hour until Albert Hammond Jr. Proper dedication.

lb7.jpg

6.48pm: Look who we just bumped into in the car park (the connection's gone slow again - it took 15 mins to upload this one picture. Sigh...)

lb6.jpg

6.11pm: It sped up. Thus, here is a short, amateurish silent film designed to give you an idea of the venue.

lb5a.jpg

5.28pm: The band are trying out an old song in a new style. Sounded a bit like vintage New Order from where we were standing. We were going to upload a few pics, but the internet connection here is tres, tres slow, so let's start with one for now...

lb4.jpg

4.45pm: We're in the venue and the band are just off to soundcheck. We'll report back from there soon. In the meantime, here are a few pictures.

lb2.jpg

The inner sanctum

lb3.jpg

Guy, preparing his shoes for the soundcheck

lb1.jpg

====================================================

p1090106p.jpg

=================================================

overflowthmb.jpg

Newsreel: Lyon photoblog overflow

September 5, 2008 1:44 pm

Some pics we didn't squeeze in yesterday

news_line.png

Good afternoon. Here are some pictures which we didn't have time/space/fast enough connection for from yesterday's live blog.

DSC_0012.jpg

Figuring out how to play the new version of Talk in the soundcheck

DSC_0016_1.jpg

Chris, pondering

DSC_0022_1.jpg

Warming up for the show...

DSC_0007_3.jpg

Moments before taking the stage

DSC_0020_3.jpg

Chris on guitar

DSC_0035_1.jpg

Chris on piano

DSC_0071.jpg

Chris on fire

DSC_0007_5.jpg

It's fair to say the refreshments stall wasn't very busy during the show

DSC_0011_4.jpg

The crowd (which the band all agreed were absolutely amazing last night)

DSC_0016_4.jpg

The Lovers In Japan confetti canons in full effect

It was a very fun day.

Anchorman

Click to cast your daily vote for Coldplay.com in the BT Digital Music Awards

**lolo**

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats what i though, its imposible sing all of this songs in just one hours, but if you see the comments of the pics, that's says the concert star at 9.27 and ends at 10.28 :s that's what i was asking for:confused:

but you make me happier if you say that's not just one hour :P:D

great pics!!!:D

sorry I went for a really quick shower ! damn, that hotel's crap :dozey: :lol:

my pictures AND VIDEOS are safe :dance:

is it me or the show was longer this time ? :stunned: they started around 9:15 and ended around 11pm .. I think !

oh and I dont if Carla told you but my banner says 'so i look in your direction, but you pay me no attention, you make me SHIVER' :D

and I didnt see the band after the show, we waited for more than an hour and a half and then realised the black SUVs were gone.. :confused:

I had the most amazing time ! although I cant compare with Strasbourg, at least not yet, it's too fresh ! :nice:

BUT, honestly my spot was much better ! I was actually just in front of Chris because I managed to move a bit to the right during the opening act. And I could perfectly see the four of them :nice: :heart:

is it me or the show was longer this time ? they started around 9:15 and ended around 11pm .. I think !

----------------

that's exactly what i want to read :D:D:D lol

how were the show??

and how long before you went to concert, i mean waitting out there:confused:

i don't know if you will understand my question.. sorry my english :embarassed::D

is it me or the show was longer this time ? they started around 9:15 and ended around 11pm .. I think !

----------------

that's exactly what i want to read :D:D:D lol

how were the show??

and how long before you went to concert, i mean waitting out there:confused:

i don't know if you will understand my question.. sorry my english :embarassed::D

the show was incredible ! Chris, Guy and Jonny kept getting closer to each other, it was awesome to them playing this way. And they never stopped laughing and smiling at each other :stunned: :nice: :heart: awwwww !

I was at the venue at 1pm and 50 people were already there.. and the line got bigger and bigger really fast. So I waited for like 5hours till they let us in.. actually we got closer after the gates and before the main doors open and we could hear the soundcheck as if we were inside :D

Amazing! I'm a teeny bit jealous, but mostly happy for you :P :D

but I heard you've got a pretty good spot as well ;) :kiss:

It seems like the longest concert this year so far. Chavi, your banner is fab. did you get butterflies:rolleyes::flutterby::flutterby::flutterby:

thank god the babies (videos, pics) are safe.

YAAY ! Loads of :flutterby: ready to be sent !

I'm uploading a pic (but the damn connection is bit crappy) so you can see how good the view was :D