✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

04-Sep-2008: Tony Garnier Hall, Lyon - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at some of the pictures and also at a video on you tube the floor section seemed to be standing,is this right and if so how come when all the other shows are all seating.

In the US, shows are all seated...but some of these European shows have standing tickets

:)

Setlist:

1. Life In Technicolor

2. Violet Hill

3. Clocks

4. In My Place

5. Speed Of Sound

6. Cemeteries Of London

7. Chinese Sleep Chant

8. 42

9. Fix You

10. Strawberry Swing

11. God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (b-stage)

12. Talk (b-stage)

13. The Hardest Part (b-stage, piano)

14. Viva La Vida

15. Lost!

16. The Scientist (c-stage, acoustic)

17. Death Will Never Conquer (c-stage, acoustic)

-- Viva La Vida remix --

18. Politik

19. Lovers In Japan

20. Death And All His Friends

-----

21. Yellow

22. The Dubliners

23. The Escapist (outro)

so, was the Lyon show better than the Strasbourg one ? really hard to tell. Lyon was definitely awesome. I had a blast, it was a freaking amazing night. But Strasbourg was my first time seeing Coldplay live, so I dont think anything will ever beat that. Plus my favorite song (Dont panic) was in the setlist and Col made its live debut that night. It was special ! Both were actually !

We arrived at the venue at 1pm, people were already waiting at the main doors. :stunned: Crazy! So no stalking for me this time. :disappointed: We went from the back so we could hear someone soundchecking, probably the crew. The doors were open wide so we could see the stage from the back but it was pretty dark..

In the line, waiting for 5hours I was dying. :dead: The rain didnt help. The worst was that I really needed to use the bathroom :lol: I was exhautsed (still am).. this week has been the most tiring ever. They opened the gates at 5:45pm but made us wait in front the main doors. That's why we could hear Coldplay doing soundcheck. We heard Viva la vida played a few times and another song I cant remember which one though, I was too stressed about getting front row because people were REALLY annoying in the line. And I dont know what old song the Anchorman was talking about, we didnt hear it, that's for sure. 6pm, they let us in. I raaaaaan as a proud Official Coldplaying runner (Lori my running buddy understands me :lol:) !!!!! Security guards were there to tell us not to run and walk calmly to the front... YEAH RIGHT FUCK YOU ! So there, second row between Jonny and Chris, which ended up to be more in front of Chris !

we all sat on the floor as the security guys told us to. That was cool because thanks to that it was easier for me to go to the bathroom and get my spot back. Albert Hammond Jr and his musicians were on stage to check their instruments and stuff. I thought they'd do soundcheck, but no, they quickly left. Around 7pm, someone had the brilliant idea to stand up, so everybody did the same.. haha it was insane !

8pm : opening act ! I really like him. I'll check his album. The crowd was better and more welcoming than on Monday's night. I could help but 'dance' all the time :lol: I even screamed his name !

8:35pm : Bye Albert ! Hello Coldplay's staff ! it was toooooo long !

9:15pm : FINALLY !! Woooooooowww ! it'd been three days, and wow I missed that feeling !

Lit : it gets me each time ! really exciting and what a tease to only be able see them through that curtain !

VH : "if you loooove me, won't you let me knoow !" :dance: really really good ! perfect song to begin with after LIT as an intro!

Clocks : CLASSIC ! the crowd went CRAZY as always ! never tired to hear it.. especially live :nice:

IMP : Chris was screaming 'lumière lumière' at the beginning ! Jonny rocked :dance: the 'yeah's' were awesome ! the crowd was awesome ! the song was awesome ! Coldplay's awesome !! Jonny didnt go on Guy's catwalk this time which was a good thing for me so I had a better view :nice: and of course some ramp of love action :heart: and when Chris said :'Mesdames et messieurs dire salut à (something) Jonny Buckland' awww !

Sos : always as nice as the first time I heard it :nice: although I'd love to hear Square one !

Col : Chris apologised for his French again in this cute little accent and introduced the song : 'Je suis désolé mais en fait nous sommes très heureux d'être avec vous en Lyon ce soir. Maintenant une chanson que je pense en français est quelque chose like les maisons des morts en Londres'. Guy was great playing the piano ! and the song is just fantastic ! 'singing lalalalalalalay' :dance:

Csc : I just love it when Guy, Chris and Jonny play close together :D which they did a lot last night. It feels so much better and intense ! they're the perfect band getting along so well on stage ! it's just amazing to see !

42 : still dont have a proper memory of that song.. dont know why.. I like it though and seem to have pretty much enjoyed it according to the video I made :lol:. I guess it doesnt click when played live.

Fix you : It was good to hear it live ! really great moment for me, the crowd and the band ! Chris let us sing and was impressed I guess. He told us 'oh quelle voix, quelle voix' :nice:

Strawberry swing : immediatly thought of you guys SS lovers :nice: So happy it came back !

God put a smile : really cool version ! b-stage this time, so I could only see their back.. hmmm not complaining actually :lol:

Talk : oooh I was so happy it wasnt the acoustic version. The remix was pretty cool with Chris doing his thing on the piano BUT I still wouldve prefered the real version !

THP : good but I think I'm not such a fan of acoustic songs.. Chris did this thing on the piano before THP, dont know what it is, I think he was just messing around (you'll see my vid) and speak more French : 'oui donc une chanson vieille, je sais pas je sais pas.. mon français est absolument merde je sais! j'essaie (ou je suis.. dont make that much sense..) très très vieux, c'est ça qu'est important. You understand ? I dont understand what the fuck I'm talking about!' :lol:

Viva la vida : OMG ! it was.. NO WORD ! Will started with the oohing part and the crowd followed. it felt absolutely amazing ! and then Chris came back on the main stage and started the song ! :dance: Viva la Coldplay !

Lost! : same as 42.. I liked it ! but not a favorite. Chris is a silly dancer :lol:

The scientist : I couldnt see the band at all, only on the magic balls and the big screens at each side of the venue. That was sweet !

Death will never conquer : Will is love ! there's nothing else to add :heart:

Viva la vida remix : never heard it before. Never listened to any remixes actually ! The audience couldnt help but sing along ! OF COURSE !

Politik : Weeeeee ! Intense, Great, Amazing, Favorite, cant get tired of it never ever ! couldnt stop jumping, screaming, singing, dancing ! :D

Lovers in Japan : Looooved it ! The butterflies are still really impressive :nice: almost at the end of the show and Chris still has so much to give. He belongs to the stage ! he knows how to feed the crowd !

Daahf: Chris spoke some more French again : 'C'est peut être notre dernière chanson. Je suis désolé. J'ai un leçon français à minuit.' and then thanked us :nice: and the French crew. he added that Bash agreed about the fact that the crew was great and then Will and Jonny started to laugh. It was cute to see ! Probably an inside joke, I'd love to know :lol: Great song obviously ! I kept staring at Jonny .. oh woow, that was intense. He had his eyes closed the whole time and hmmm that face :wacky: haha that's for the Jonny lovers :P

they said bye, bowed, laughed and went off. I couldnt wait for the encore :dance: crossing my fingers for Dont panic. So they came back and Chris read my banner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SQUEEEEEE :dance: AWWWW that face when he read it !! :nice: I was ready to record but got distracted, I was too excited that he was reading it and had to tell the girls complaining behind me to fuck off ! But thank God my sister tool THAT PIC ! I'm so thankful she was there, she took some pretty awesome pics :nice:

Yellow : Didnt expect yellow as an encore, but I was so greatly surprised ! it was perfect ! Guy, Jonny and Chris played close to each other again. So good !! they were always smiling and laughing ! Oh how I wish I could hear what they were saying to each other !

The Dubliners : That song rocks :dance: country style, I love it ! I'm hoping for a studio version or something ! and they left.. it went to fast.. :bigcry: Guy came in front of us to take a pic and got on his knees :nice: and then left.. :bigcry:

again, impossible to get a setlist or anything.. arghhhh ! I took tons of confettis and bought the tour programme :dance: some guy was selling unoficial posters for 1€ so I bought one. :nice: We waited but the band was gone... It was a GOOOOOOOOOOOD night ! can't wait for the next (last) one :bigcry:

sorry, I dont know how to make negative/critical short reviews ! It's just impossible ! :D

great review, Chavi!

Bring on the vids:D

trying to upload them on youtube. But they're too big. Maybe I should upload them on rapidshare or something. but then, Jenjie wont be able to use them on the wiki page.. :confused:

anyone knows a really fast way to reduce the size of a vid ?

trying to upload them on youtube. But they're too big. Maybe I should upload them on rapidshare or something. but then, Jenjie wont be able to use them on the wiki page.. :confused:

anyone knows a really fast way to reduce the size of a vid ?

not sure how to reduce them....are they uploading at all or just really slowly??

Setlist:

1. Life In Technicolor

2. Violet Hill

3. Clocks

4. In My Place

5. Speed Of Sound

6. Cemeteries Of London

7. Chinese Sleep Chant

8. 42

9. Fix You

10. Strawberry Swing

11. God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (b-stage)

12. Talk (b-stage)

13. The Hardest Part (b-stage, piano)

14. Viva La Vida

15. Lost!

16. The Scientist (c-stage, acoustic)

17. Death Will Never Conquer (c-stage, acoustic)

-- Viva La Vida remix --

18. Politik

19. Lovers In Japan

20. Death And All His Friends

-----

21. Yellow

22. The Dubliners

23. The Escapist (outro)

i wish they'ld have played Yes!:cry: