✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Anyone suprised that Lovers in Japan will be the next single..?

I'm pretty suprised that LIJ will be the next single... It might be good, track but not that good.. If we say Violet Hill was the first single and Viva La Vida the second. Then Lovers in Japan is nothing compared to the third singles from the previous albums..

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the intro to the live version on jimmy kimmel. It sounds promising to me. It has great potential to be a big hit.

By the way, i just joined the forum and I must say I love coldplaying.com. Coldplays definitely the best band in the world and this site is amazing. Look forward to meeting you guys ands gals :)

we shouldn't compare it to other 3rd singles cause it's not properly the 3rd and it's just another album... the common idea imo is that the next single has to be different from the previous ones... I mean, after a rock song like violet hill and after a brilliant song like viva la vida, it's good to have a sweet song like lovers in japan... so they can better show the different styles in the album...

Has the band actually said this is the next single? I’ve not watched those Kimmel videos yet – do they say in the videos?

someone found on the internet that mat whitecross shot a music promo for this song... but the band hasn't said anything yet

Have you heard the entire studio cut of this song? If so, then sure your opinion is a valid one...if not, you really can't base it off of the acoustic version they came up with a few weeks ago...part of what made songs like Trouble and Clocks so popular was how they sounded on their respective albums...so, just as we can't say how amazing it's going to be, there's no reason to knock it till we've heard the real full thing...

Yeah I'm actually digging the acoustic version of this song right now. I won't listen to the album version until the albums out, not even a twenty second intro. I think its a great balance like someone mentioned, a rock out song, a kind of idk great song lol and now a more emotional piece.

Personally though, I was wondering what everyone else thought about how many singles this album will actually have. They put out Violet Hill really early in the game. Viva la Vida came out really early. And now we've got them basically showing everyone Lovers in Japan early. This kind of rapid early release indicates to me that the band is either going to release quite a few singles, or that they think the albums got the potential to do it. I'm trying to think of all the singles from the previous albums, but for X & Y you had four. And we've got three already!?! Very few bands have the quality of album, or the balls, to release a lot of singles, but recently The Fray comes to mind as a band with a large number of singles out (the quality being debatable). If we've got three already, 42 is definitely seeming like a single, Yes might do it and I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the other ones we've heard about do it.

Seriously, the quality of this album is just off the charts. I know X & Y was big and not all everyone wanted it to be, and that VLVODAAHF has the band nervous, but I'm fully anticipating it to destroy all their previous albums in terms of sales. And having an iTunes commercial always bodes well! And aside from sales, theres the fact this looks like it could be their best IMO.

What I find interesting is that Vida is supposedly a departure from the sound that got them a ton of radio play in the first place. To blitz the general public with three singles already is quite an aggressive marketing tactic given there's a slight (large to some people) shift in how they sound. With all that being said, I see LIJ as being (so far from what we've heard via Kimmel and the acoustic version) the "truest" sound in terms of the casual fan. So it would make sense to get that one out there ASAP in case the rest of the album is more of a grower to those not fanatic about the band.