✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Anyone suprised that Lovers in Japan will be the next single..?

I don't think they should release ANY singles.

like chris says, once you think about a song as a single

it changes your perception of the song.

I love "Lovers in Japan" - but will I love it as much if it gets overplayed in the media?

I'm scared :cry:

:P

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they should release ANY singles.

like chris says, once you think about a song as a single

it changes your perception of the song.

I love "Lovers in Japan" - but will I love it as much if it gets overplayed in the media?

I'm scared :cry:

:P

I completely agree about a song getting overplayed, my main reason for disliking In My Place.

But short of doing a Kid A and not releasing any singles, Coldplay have to keep up the hype around this album as long as they can, its more money for the band and the record label. I'm not saying money is the only reason for doing anything, but it sure helps in life :P

actually thats completely true

i never got a chance to like clocks because it was always on the radio, it was until i heard the scientist that i was drawn in

but that being said, the fact that somethings a single doesnt mean it should change it entirely for the fan base, i mean, i dont listen to the radio religiously so it won't affect me that much

but a song like talk was more interesting to me before it became a single, but time usually heals these things, and in a few years we'll rediscover the greatness of these songs...which is usually what happens to me when i get bored of a song

I have been a member here for awhile and never posted, but this song made me. I am a HUGE coldplay fan, but I'm not much for the board talk. This song is great. I love violet hill and viva la vida, but this song is just great. Great. Coldplay puts so much work into their songs, and it is always so apparent when their cd's come out. You might have a song that you don't like to much on there, but that song is still good. Other bands just produce a few good songs and add a bunch of fillers. A filler on a Coldplay CD? I don't think so. Then they have songs that are just so good, it's impossible for you to see why somebody else doesn't like this band. This is one of those songs, and it is just the acoustic version. I'm amazed. I really can't wait for this CD to come out!

i haven't read all the posts on this thread but i wanted to post my opinion anyway.

i personally think (after hearing the 3 seperate versions of this song ESPECIALLY the clip from jimmy kimmel) that this could be a coldplay classic. i think it sounds like a great choice for the next single and i'm insanely excited to hear the studio version. besides... they did say on Q radio yesterday that this may be their most important song ever or something... so i'm guessing it's pretty fucking good!

Yeah I'm surprised I thought that the new single would be either 42 or Viva la Vida (I'm one of the ones who thinks Viva la Vida isn't an official single yet), but from what I have heard of this song so far I think it's really great and it deserves to be a single.

Now after several listenings of the album version of this song, I’m sure that it SHOULD be a single, it’s great musically and lyrically, and at the same time it sounds very “radio-friendly”.

Viva la Vida should most definitely not be considered a single. It was a promo in an iTunes commercial, and they performed it live, but that doesn't mean anything.

You're absolutely right, just because it's the bands highest ever charting song in the US as well as all the promo CDs being sent around pretty much confirms that Viva la Vida will definately never be a single, right?

i think lovers in japan is a pretty great song. that being said, as we heard the acoustic version first, that one is the one I like the most truthfully. it will take sometime for me to think of the new version as the version. but i like it well enough for me to think it could be a good single.

Yeh, Lovers'll make a good single. Nice and upbeat. Should be Yes though.

Viva won't be an official single release, they've not released any titular album track as a single before.

Yes is one of the least radio friendly tracks on the album, wouldnt make a good single but of course, doesnt make it any less good :P

If Lovers In Japan is the next single, it will become a Coldplay classic like Yellow and Fix You for sure, the majority of people allready like it a lot on first listen and it also grows on you and its starting to becoming my favourite song above 42 on the album now :lol:

Yes is one of the least radio friendly tracks on the album, wouldnt make a good single but of course, doesnt make it any less good :P

If Lovers In Japan is the next single, it will become a Coldplay classic like Yellow and Fix You for sure, the majority of people allready like it a lot on first listen and it also grows on you and its starting to becoming my favourite song above 42 on the album now :lol:

yep i love it. you can traduce it in your life when you have a relationship with someone and noone wants you to be with her. the first time i've listened it i cried like a kid and im 24 years old this song touch my heart.