🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Official Club Football 2014-2015 thread

Chelsea missed the chance to regain top spot in the Premier League following Monday's stalemate and look set to lose Terry for the Premier League matches against Fulham and West Brom as well as the FA Cup tie against Southend - although he is likely to be available for the crunch match against Manchester United on 11 January.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7796688.stm

So it doesn't look like it's going to be a very Terry Christmas now, does it!!:P

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• busybeeburns

• Reilly

• bart

• Black Rose

Top Posters In This Topic

*looks at Hull City*

Pretty high for a team on a limited budget

*looks at man City*

Pretty low for a team with an unlimited budget

This is Hull's first season in the top flight. Sustaining it is the problem.

Look what happened to Reading.;)

Conversely, it's only a matter of time before Man City get it right, as they can just keep buying top players until they do (much like Chelski did).

They won't be in the bottom three at the end of the season.;)

True, the 2nd season is always tough for new teams, as visiting teams know what to expect when they visit.

But it's also down to squad size and the fact it's virtually impossible to keep hold of your best players if the big boys come a-sniffing. Charlton's demise began when Chelsea snatched Scott Parker (and then hardly gave him a game).

To Chelsea he was just another squad player, but to Charlton he was vital and irreplaceable.

I know Man City won't be bottom 3, but how funny would it be if they did go down :LOL:

It would be, but they won't, and neither will Spurs.;)

hats off to Gerrard, he's fantastic, I clapped him off the pitch.

Our defense was always going to be bad, lost our best player of the season to a red card and Beye has broken his leg, Taylor doesn't have the understanding Bassong has with Coloccini he's also slow and shit at marking and just not a good defender really. Edgar isn't a right back and Enrique was playing semi-fit.

So I wasn't really shocked that our defense was a shambles, I was disappointed in our midfield though, we were just giving away possession constantly, other than Duff making the odd run there was little in the form of penetration. Owen might as well have not been on the pitch, same thing can be said about Shola when he came on.

Liverpool are the best team I have seen this season, everything about them is how you want your team to play, no hard feelings at all and at the moment they deserve to be top of the league and I hope they do well

I actually enjoyed that match, took it really light heartedly, mocking ourselves with chants, it was a laugh at least. Liverpool fans were the opposite of their team, they were terrible, didn't sing once until they scored, then they sang for a minute and fell back into silence, poor showing from a set of normally vocal fans

Oh yeah and Shay Given is a fucking hero <3

I was watching sky sports news yesterday morning when they had some newcastle fans come onto the telephone to chat about the news that Mike Ashley failed to find a buyer for a premiership club and so has taken it off the market.

Some of the comments made were horrible towards Ashley, that Newcastle should be challenging the top 4 and that Ashley won't offer the players who are going to be out-of-contract at the end of the season new contracts, so that the team will be destroyed come 31st January and all that rubbish.

But not as rubbish as Pompey are at the moment :(

Pratt sets 'record' for red card

Chippenham Town striker David Pratt is thought to have set a new world record after being sent off only three seconds into his side's loss at Bashley.

Pratt, 21, lunged at Bashley midfielder Chris Knowles straight from the kick-off and received his marching orders from referee Justin Amey.

Chippenham secretary George McCaffrey admitted: "You normally won't meet a milder man, but David lost it."

Bashley went on to win the Southern Premier Division match 2-1.

Bashley boss Steve Riley said: "The lad's gone in with his studs showing and went straight through my player. It was a potential leg-breaker. The ref had no choice."

Knowles was able to continue playing after the tackle and Mark is going to make a what a pratt joke.

Bologna's Giuseppe Lorenzo held the previous record for the quickest red card, at 10 seconds.

I was watching sky sports news yesterday morning when they had some newcastle fans come onto the telephone to chat about the news that Mike Ashley failed to find a buyer for a premiership club and so has taken it off the market.

Some of the comments made were horrible towards Ashley, that Newcastle should be challenging the top 4 and that Ashley won't offer the players who are going to be out-of-contract at the end of the season new contracts, so that the team will be destroyed come 31st January and all that rubbish.

But not as rubbish as Pompey are at the moment :(

So how many games do you reckon Adams has left??:rolleyes:

I really can't add much to the discussion but I do follow football, or soccer as we Americans call it, but not as much as of lately. I do not have a favorite EPL team though I am familiar with the top 4 and a few others.

I have to say that I do not like Man. United at all. I do not like C. Ronaldo at all. I have nothing against him as a player but there's something about his behaviors that I totally dislike. Also, the guy who kicked SAF in the balls (last year was it?) should be given a contract because that was awesome.

I would say I like Chelsea but I can't because I do not like the owner. Man, I do not like the dude at all.

I really can't say much about Liverpool or Arsenal because I am neutral on them. Though I will say that one of the best moments off the field was with Steven Gerrard of Liverpool. He was in the tunnel waiting to walk out onto the field when a kid who was standing besides John Terry of Chelsea offer to shake his hand. When Steven went to shake his hand the little boy took his hand away and put it on his nose and wiggled his fingers like he was saying "ha ha". LOL!!

I am familiar with Tottenheim and Blackburn but I don't know a lot. I do know Blackburn has Rogue Santa Cruz who was a member of Bayern Munich but never did **** with them. LOL!!

Sorry for interrupting the discussion but I do love the sport and I like to talk about it, but I will say that I am more familiar with Bayern Munich and AC Milan than any other teams.