🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Official Club Football 2014-2015 thread

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8148839.stm

Manchester City have agreed a five-year deal to sign former West Ham and Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez.

The 25-year-old Argentine forward, who left Old Trafford last month, will complete his move subject to a medical.

"It's terrific news," City boss Mark Hughes said. "He is an international of the highest class who possesses all the attributes to help drive us forward.

"This is yet another deal that shows the commitment of the owner to make this club the very best it can be."

Tevez, who will wear the number 32 shirt at Eastlands, spent a season with West Ham before joining United on an extended loan deal in 2007.

He started 99 league and cup matches for Sir Alex Ferguson's team and scored 34 goals, but decided to leave despite being offered a

... cup of tea and a chocolate biscuit?

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• busybeeburns

• Reilly

• bart

• Black Rose

Top Posters In This Topic

Why adebayor?

he's lazy, arrogant, overpriced, shit and has a terrible attitude.

I'm glad we're getting rid of him. £25m from city for everything I just mentioned? Alright then!

and Wenger is going to use the funds to sign Chamkh from Bordeaux.

Why adebayor?

he's lazy, arrogant, overpriced, shit and has a terrible attitude.

I'm glad we're getting rid of him. £25m from city for everything I just mentioned? Alright then!

and Wenger is going to use the funds to sign Chamkh from Bordeaux.

we will buy him too

Adebayor passes Man City medical

Adebayor almost left Arsenal last summer when AC Milan came calling

Emmanuel Adebayor has passed a medical and will move to Manchester City once his work permit is approved.

The Togo striker, who has spent three-and-a-half seasons at Arsenal, is believed to be valued at £25m.

The 25-year-old, who scored 16 times for the Gunners last season, has also been linked to AC Milan and Chelsea.

City boss Mark Hughes said as Carlos Tevez was unveiled: "There have been discussions and possibly a deal to be done but nothing has been concluded."

Speaking at the press conference to announce the signing of the former Manchester United striker, Hughes admitted that there could be more arrivals at the big-spending club before the start of the season.

"It may well be that opportunities will present themselves. We still have areas we want to strengthen," he said.

City are intent on building a new-look attack and as well as Tevez have also added Paraguayan Roque Santa Cruz to their ranks this summer, having signed Craig Bellamy last season.

606: DEBATE

Are Manchester City a threat to not only the top 4, but the top 3 as well?

Blue_Thru_and_Thru

The Eastlands outfit are eager to break into the Premier League's top four this coming season and have shown their determination with their close-season spending.

Midfielder Gareth Barry was bought from Aston Villa, and from under the noses of last season's Premier League runners-up Liverpool, for £12m and City paid Blackburn about £18m for Paraguay international forward Santa Cruz.

City completed a deal for Tevez on Tuesday - the Argentine joining after City paid a fee of about £25m to secure his registration from third party ownership after his contract with Premier League champions Manchester United expired.

And if Adebayor also makes the switch to Eastlands, City will have captured players from three of the leading six clubs in the top flight last season.

In Adebayor, City would be buying a player who has scored 62 goals in 142 appearances for Arsenal since he joined the Gunners from Monaco for £7m.

He hit 30 goals in the 2007/08 season but struggled with injuries in the last campaign and also incurred the wrath of some Arsenal fans, who felt the striker lacked commitment.

With the influx of big-name players at Eastlands comes a new challenge for manager Hughes, according to former Manchester City player Dennis Tueart.

He told BBC Radio 5 Live: "The big challenge for managers now is to manage extremely wealthy young men, who do not need to work beyond their football careers.

"How does that affect their psyche and professionalism? These are things that the manager has got to sort out."

So far City team of 2009-10 confirmed

Given

Richards (Nice center back) (Nice center back) W Bridge

Ireland, Robinho, Gareth Barry

Tevez, Adebayor, Roger Santa Cruz.

Player we will get to fill that nice center back, lescot, the other well it will be intresting

Subs Bench ( just look) :D

Craig Bellamy

SWP

Kompany

De Long

Nedium Obunha (sorry I have spelt his name wrong)

Zabelta ( but he can play right back and we could put richards Right sided central defence.

A top class Keeper.

Its just like playing football manager. In fact I can´t wait for the next version to come out, it should be so easy playing with Man City.

Bart you've just proved how clueless you are by not including "Onouha" as one of the centre backs.

Richards will not play either, it's all about Zabaleta

Why are you a city fan? How long have you been a city fan?

I am a city fan, because they were the nearest team to my house in Manchester,

I became a man on the kippax.

I admit my posts are a little nuts at times, but if you knew how much stick I got for sitcking with city.. as all city fans do, you would understand.. we are special cases. We deserve everyting we get at the moment... back in 1999 when the swampmire won the treble we was in leauge 1 and still had capicity gates at Maine Road.. 32 000 and had songs sung to us " where were you when you were good "

I first walked into Maine Road on cold December noon after in way back in 1989.

City took me in and made me feel like I was from Manchester.

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22584

Richards can be world class... Zabelta too, and also nedium obumbha (sorry again about the spelling)

I hope we stick with richards. ! everyone forgets his 2007-08 season !

Bart you've just proved how clueless you are by not including "Onouha" as one of the centre backs.

Richards will not play either, it's all about Zabaleta

Why are you a city fan? How long have you been a city fan?

He's been a city fan for years.

but what the hay, now that his team are attempting to buy their success lets jump on the 'fuck off bart' bandwagon.

:P