✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Underrated Coldplay Songs

winigwl

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yes" has been bypassed a bit in recent Coldplaying criticism and I think it's terrific.

"Twisted Logic" is probably my favourite song from X&Y. Doesn't quite reach the epic proportions of some Coldplay tracks, but God, there is certainly some epic-ness to it.

And "Green Eyes" - Coldplay at its simplest, most beautiful best.

I always thought a warning sign was the most underrated song but I see now a lot of people feel that way so it may not be. whenever i'm stressed i listen to it and it calmes me down.

also trouble will always be my fave, since it was the first coldplay song I ever heard and immediatly made me fall in love.

the hardest part and X&Y should have been on top of the charts, but they just never took off. WHen X&Y came out I never thought these songs would become singles since they were the best songs on the album in my opinion, and in the past my faves never became singles

Square One.

It was a great joy to for me to be there & hear this included in the Brixton set last week, as for me this song is sheer brilliance and really gets the adrenaline pumping. If I had to make one criticism of Viva, it is that LIT just doesn't cut it as an opening track, not after the history of great openers we have previously enjoyed as Coldplay fans!

Sorry but I strongly disagree I think Life in technicolor is one of the greatest openers ever! and fits perfectly in line next to square one, the mystical build up is fabulous and it's a perfect little taste of what the rest of the album brings you, I also love that the escapist seemlesly crosses over and is the perfect ending to a perfect album.

i was just going to write a short answer....

• 3 weeks later...

Gosh, how to choose? :thinking: I'll just select one underrated gem from each CD:

"Spies" from Parachutes

"Amsterdam" from ROBTTH

"See You Soon" from Live

"Swallowed in the Sea" from X&Y

"C of London" from Viva la Vida

And for the non-CD cuts, "Crest of Waves"! :cool:

• 1 month later...
A Whisper is such a unique track. Almost a drum & bass rythm, dark guitars but then these uplifting synth waves. Blasts when the vocals enter. Love the descending chords toward the end in the background.

Glad I was one of two cities ever to hear it live. (actually it was at a soundcheck so one of 20 people there in Denver) So underrated.

any audio on record? It would be a rare treat.

• 3 years later...

1. The Escapist

2. Amsterdam

3. X and Y

4. Cemetaries of London

5. The Goldrush

6. See You Soon

7.high Speed

8. Twisted Logic

9. Daylight

10. Rainy Day

11. Moving to Mars

12. Postcards From Far Away

13. Poppyfields/Prospekt's March

14. Don't Panic

But I was listening to a Beetles song (don't know which one) and it sounded EXACTLY like the main guitar rift in Twisted Logic. It was exactly the same! So, I'm thinking Coldplay purposely or accidentally took it. I hope it's the latter.

1. The Escapist

2. Amsterdam

3. X and Y

4. Cemetaries of LondonFavorite Coldplay song EVER!

5. The Goldrush

6. See You Soon

7.high SpeedBest guitar work on Parachutes, imo.

8. Twisted LogicJonny's tribute to 'She's So Heavy' by the Beatles. Absolutely brilliant!

9. DaylightFavorite AROBTTH bass line. And of course there's that guitarist again. ;)

10. Rainy Day

11. Moving to MarsMusically so different than anything Chris has done, and hopefully of sign of things to come. :)

12. Postcards From Far Away

I think the whole Prospekt's March EP was overlooked and underrated.

And A Whisper deserves so much love!

But I was listening to a Beetles song (don't know which one) and it sounded EXACTLY like the main guitar rift in Twisted Logic. It was exactly the same! So, I'm thinking Coldplay purposely or accidentally took it. I hope it's the latter.

Gah.

That would be I Want You (She's So Heavy), and it's just an arpeggiated minor chord.

Crest of Waves

X&Y

Square One

Don't Panic (Blue Room version)

I Bloom Blaum

AND ESPECIALLY FOR YOU. I love that song :heart:

Hello myself from the four years past

X&Y is not that great and people do seem to appreciate I Bloom Blaum. So I replace them with High Speed and Daylight

Though I do like Violet Hill, Prospekt's March/Poppyfields and... I forget what else I was gonna say

I think:

Chinese Sleep Chant

Cemeteries Of London

A Message

Things I Don't Understand (should have been on X&Y!)

The Goldrush

These are just a couple off the top of my head. I'm sure there are other really under-rated ones as well.

I think:

Chinese Sleep Chant

Cemeteries Of London

A Message

Things I Don't Understand (should have been on X&Y!)

The Goldrush

These are just a couple off the top of my head. I'm sure there are other really under-rated ones as well.

"A Message" is VERY underrated!

Oh, ok. Yeah, now that I'm listening to it, they don't sound the same. Similar though, very similar. And ugh, I spelled Beatles wrong.

Square one is also very under appreciated.

Ah, Glad you realized they're not exactly alike. But I suspect the sound and that part are intentionally intended as a sort of tribute to the Beatles.:)