✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Underrated Coldplay Songs

winigwl

here are my top 5

5. chinese sleep chant (one of the best on the new album, not getting enough credit, and one review even called it the album's weak point!)

4. parachutes (i know its only 40something seconds but i think its absolutely beautiful)

3. square one (kick ass opener, arguably the best on x&y)

2. life is for living (awesome end to an awesome album, loved it on live 2003)

1. daylight (amazing on album. even more amazing live)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Parachutes/Sparks: The first one does not get credit as being arguably the most beautiful thing Coldplay have done and the second one does not get credit as being arguably the second most beautiful thing Coldplay have done imo...

2. Daylight/Green Eyes: The most amazing song live and one of the sweetest songs i've ever heard (though Gwyneth doesn't agree from what i hear...)

3. Low: I think it's the most underrated and the best track on X&Y, a great rocker.

4. Reign of Love: A sweet piece to gather some air amidst all the kick-assness of the album.

-X&Y (song): I don't hear much praise of this song, yet it is probably my favorite coldplay song

-Murder: Although a b-side, i don't hear many people talk to highly of the song like with Bigger Stronger/Gravity

-Daylight

-Spies

-No More Keeping My Feet On The Ground

1. No More Keeping My Feet On The Ground

2. We Never Change - The albums best point in my opinion.

3. Everthings Not Lost

4. For You - Beautiful, one of coldplays best songs! I love chris' voice in this, it goes so well with the piano.

All of my choices are from the Parachutes era, but I think Parachutes is unappreciated, especially by the band themselves.

Careful Where You Stand

For You

One I love

Ladder To The Sun

A Message

Oh and strangely I was looking at the thread about what setlists people wanted from the forthcoming tour and shockingly a lot of people left oot Square One... Madness?!

Parachutes: I love this little track. I really wish it were longer, but it's 40 seconds of beauty.

Life is for Living: Same thing. Too short, but really a great track.

Square One: This song is just great. Intricate melody, almost spooky.

A Whisper: Okay, I hated this song and never, ever listened to it all the way through until recently. Turns out, it's pretty cool. LOL

Proof: I've always loved this song, and didn't realize it was so despised among the Coldplay community. I still think it's beautiful.

Spies: Gets lost in all the good tracks on Parachutes, but it's a really good song.

White Shadows: This song has a lot of attitude... I've always liked it more than "Talk" or "Low," the two comporable songs on the album.

- Crests of waves - A magnificent B-Side that complimented the 'Clocks' single

- One I love - Again, B-Side from the 'In My Place' Single

- The World Turned Upside Down - A B-Side from the 'Fix You' Single

- Violet Hill - It's Copping an ABSOLUTE beating on the front page Poll. (just because its not as new???)

- White Shadows (Off X&Y) - love the intro and chorus.