Top Posters In This Topic

1 A Spell A Rebel Yell

2 Proof

3 Gravity

4 I Ran Away

5 The World Turned Upside Down

6 Things I Dont Understand

7 Sleeping Sun

8 Chinese Sleep Chant (although I think people will start loving this )

9 See You Soon

10 White Shadows

11 Warning Sign

12 Swallowed In The Sea

I think I have just created a pretty cool playlist.... hmmmm

Guest Hyperfried

Oh God, where to start...

-Politik (In my opinion, their best song to date)

-Amsterdam (Beautiful live)

-How You See the World No. 2

-Sleeping Sun

-Swallowed in the Sea (Live in Philly '05, was probably the best song they did.)

-Life in Technicolor (Such an amazing song, and no one seems to notice...)

Those would be the top five, I suppose, but God there are so many...

i don't know how to really judge underrated, because i think really, amongst coldplay fans, we're going to find a lot of common ground. if we were looking at just generally though, considering more mainstream views, and mainstream views on this site i'll go through some songs i really have always liked that dont get mentioned much

sparks

green eyes (the song that confirmed this bands greatness for me - so simple yet profound)

life is for living

see you soon

the scientist (i never hear anything about this song being one of their best, which is odd. its the song that made me love this band. its one of those popular songs that is almost just there, that it gets overlooked)

i ran away

warning sign

the hardest part (catchiest song on x and y, i dont get its bad rep. i think of it like candy, its not good for you, but you love it anyway)

swallowed in the sea (one of those songs you hope gets put on zach braffs next movie so it can get its proper respect)

a ghost (i only recently heard it, and i wish it had a studio version, because its such a simple and delicate song, yet extroardinarily brilliant imo)

strawberry swing (i think all the songs on this album have their backers, including ss, but i feel like this should be getting praise for being one of the best on the album. i feel its almost too perfect to do well on the radio, but i hope they release it as a summer single, because it so encapsulates that feeling of the perfect summer day.)

absolutely agree with Swallowed in the Sea supporters, underrated by a mile, although coldplay was smart enough to play it in their encore. one of the most immediate songs for me from x & y, still with me, want to learn a proper solo piano for it. I really don't understand why even coldplay don't like x & y, it was a great album and will be remembered regardless of the "pundits". Other great songs: See You Soon, For You, The world turned upside down, Green Eyes, Amsterdam, Everthing's not lost, Reign of Love, Strawberry Swing, gravity, sleeping sun, parachutes. aROBTTH, Warning Sign, A message, white shadows, death and all his friends, life in technicolor, the escapist

hello everyone i am new :)

-square one: very atmospheric, an amazing album opener and IMO possibly the best song on X&Y. Also amazing live

-violet hill: this is really getting hammered in the poll on the front page but i think it's one of the new album's best

-cemetries: IMO this is officially the new album's most critically underrated song

-low: this song is amazingly atmospheric

haha i love the word atmospheric ;)

Square One.

It was a great joy to for me to be there & hear this included in the Brixton set last week, as for me this song is sheer brilliance and really gets the adrenaline pumping. If I had to make one criticism of Viva, it is that LIT just doesn't cut it as an opening track, not after the history of great openers we have previously enjoyed as Coldplay fans!

Square One.

It was a great joy to for me to be there & hear this included in the Brixton set last week, as for me this song is sheer brilliance and really gets the adrenaline pumping. If I had to make one criticism of Viva, it is that LIT just doesn't cut it as an opening track, not after the history of great openers we have previously enjoyed as Coldplay fans!

here here

Swallowed In the Sea...just gorgeous, and I love the lyrics.

The Escapist: Just like Abbey Road, their closing statement starts with 'and in the end' and goes on to say something simple, yet oh so true. And just like Dark Side of the Moon, the album ends in the same way it begins. It's a pretty masterful spot of plagiarism if you ask me. ;)

Daylight: I love the music and overall sound.

Warning Sign: Another great song.

Green Eyes: A beautiful love song.

Twisted Logic: Still has the baddest guitar that Coldplay's ever done.

A Message: I love the acoustic feel of the song at the beginning and then the grand U2 sound as the song develops.

A Message definitely, don't really here many people talk about this song on here but this was always my fave song from X&Y. It's the beautiful lyrics and the way that it builds. Saw them plenty of times on the twisted logic tour, but have still never seen this played live... rectify this please!

A Whisper is such a unique track. Almost a drum & bass rythm, dark guitars but then these uplifting synth waves. Blasts when the vocals enter. Love the descending chords toward the end in the background.

Glad I was one of two cities ever to hear it live. (actually it was at a soundcheck so one of 20 people there in Denver) So underrated.