✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Yes is simply brilliant!

dcbc

This is the type of song that Coldplay need more of...a song that has fantastic performances from each member...the drumming and bass are spectacular...and its not based around a string section or a piano riff...hallelujah!

This song probably flies way over the head of the "Female Teenage Angst Club" that are Coldplay's vocal fan-base majority, which is no surprise.

This song has HEART and SOUL something that Coldplay need more of these days.....and its about SEX...mega lyrics that dont spout insecure pretentiousness.....even better!

10/10

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'm middle ranged then since I can sing most of their songs better than Martin himself. I don't rate him much as a live singer though, his studio efforts are as you would expect as good as he can do.

Of course Martin is considerable more talented.

I don't understand all the reviews that say that Coldplay hasn't stepped very far out of their box - I almost forget that it's Coldplay when I listen to "Yes" (and "Chinese Sleep Chant" too).

It's one of my favorites on the album by far. I love the twisted time signatures and the occasionally weird chord changes. And the introduction is pure awesome sauce. (Thanks Hotplay007 for the term)

• 4 weeks later...
Totally agree. Yes is my favourite currently. Chris' low voice, the lyrics (funny and clever) and the contributions from the others make it Coldplay even though it's unfamiliar. This is exactly where I wanted them to go.

Yes has become my favorite.

I still love to listen to the whole album, particularly VLV and DAAHF but Yes has snagged the top spot as my favorite. Like LittleWhiteShadow's said, clever ... and I love the strings.

Seriously. Kills the teeny-boppers of X&Y that we often got. It's a more serious song than those of the past.

This song is simply MADEEEEE of awesome sauce. This song can't get any better. His voice tone is sooooooo sexy. *dies*

aaaaand perhaps what she sad :lol: