✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Yes is simply brilliant!

dcbc

YES! is my favorite. YES is probably the best song in this album.

The problem is, that YES can never break into the radio stations / music channels as a single.

I also think that Lost! shouldn't break as a single. I think that 42 is the one that should be the next single, altough YES!, Straberry Swing and DAOHF are much better.

Don't u think?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Chris says, "Dizzily screaming let the windows down", does he mean the windows in Amsterdam where the lovely ladies advertise themselves? So he's like "Open the windows and gimme some women!" Or not? Just a thought :P

• 4 weeks later...

Yes

This is my Second favorite on the new album . Only to Cemetaries of London ,which I love because of the way it rolls off the opening , Life in Technicolor. Musically , The first inspiration I thought of when I heard this song was John Lennon . I think of him every time I listen to this song .It sounds like something he would have attempted and naturally with great success. Now for the trivia aspect . Does eveybody remember what the word was on the ceiling at Yoko Ono's art show ,one of the first times they met , when John went up the stepladder and viewed said word with the magnifying glass ? Legend has it , the positiveness of this word is what sold him on this artist/lover . Yes

YES! is my favorite. YES is probably the best song in this album.

The problem is, that YES can never break into the radio stations / music channels as a single.

I heard Yes on Sirius Alternative Radio. They even followed it up with Chinese Sleep Chant.

But you're right, it doesn't really have marketability, though it is one of my favorite songs on the album. I think they could play it on the radio and it would probably go over well, but I feel like they just pick formulaic stuff like Sexyback or Bleeding Love instead of trying something different.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Yes was one of the songs that made a big impression on me on the first listen, and has become one of my favourites on the album.

It's a refreshing change to hear Chris singing without his falsetto, and I think it suits him. The lyrics are also fabulous. :)

• 3 weeks later...

This was my fav song on first listen immediately.....but since some of you guys didnt like it as much as I did before......now the Yes hype on my preference has died down and other songs started rising up... on my preference......like

like....... VLV!.... Strawberry swing ( awesome song..very amazing should be released as a summer song !) , LIT, 42 and all of them i think its addicting! the album!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like Yes mainly because it's like, the only Coldplay song about lust. And now that I think about it, I'm amazed they haven't really made any songs about lust before (mostly just sadness and a little self-pity) And gawd is Chris Martin sexy in it. It's like, instead of being made of atoms or something, he's made of sex.

...okay, that made no sense and it made me seem like a raving fangirl. Currently Yes is one of my favorites.

• 11 months later...
I like Yes mainly because it's like, the only Coldplay song about lust. And now that I think about it, I'm amazed they haven't really made any songs about lust before (mostly just sadness and a little self-pity) And gawd is Chris Martin sexy in it. It's like, instead of being made of atoms or something, he's made of sex.

...okay, that made no sense and it made me seem like a raving fangirl. Currently Yes is one of my favorites.

:heart:

I second that statement! Except then it goes strange in the second verse about big toes and falling and shit.

Haha, I know what you mean! It kills the mood a little bit... I think it might be about being punished by someone for the lustful thoughts or whatever; that's what it makes me think of, anyway.

Still love this song, it's always been a favourite of mine from VLV. :)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...