✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

27-Jun- 2008: The TODAY Show Reviews/Photos/Videos

Guest LiquidSky
I saw your sign!!! (only after reviewing my pictures!! ;) ) I snuck up as the show progressed, when Ann Curry and Meredith Viera were in the section between the VIPS and the rest of the crowd... everryone went back there to see them and be on tv... I took the opportunity and moved closer :sneaky: I had an awesome time! Thirsty as hell after it was all said and done... lol but well worth it... OH what about when Chris ran into the crowd!!! I knew he was going to do that... I saw him sizing up the runway before they went on air!!!! he's so awesome.... I :heart: Chris...

ahh anytime, love!!! ;):kiss: It was fun! :nice:

If I was closer to the bar you guys would have probably have seen me on tv :P I just saw all the air play videos.. and all you can really see it's my sign.. oh well at least you guys have an idea of how close I was. :P and did someone just said that DJ Tiesto was playing there Thursday night? Man! If I had known, I would have left since Wednesday! How was DJ Tiesto? He's awesome. I love him :nice: well not as much as Jonny but it just would have been one after another :P:D I stayed up to see Coldplay on David Letterman but they didn't show them.. boo! I'm gonna go to bed now 'cause I have to get up early tomorrow. I AM SO SO SO TIRED :dead: :dead: :dead:

and yes, I WANT TO SEE COLDPLAY AGAIN!! I can't stop singing their songs in my head. I can't stop talking about it either. I think I'm driving everyone else insane.. okay let me rephrase that I'm driving everyone else insane:laugh3:

PS: Sorry I didn't get you an autograph, Cris.. I tried :\

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I just realized there are two threads about this going. This one in the Live section and one in the regular Coldplay section. Kinda of a bummer. Now I've got to play catch up to 75 pages on that one.

Glad you like my quote Cooky Mnstr.

Christa1, were you outside The Daily Show?

the post gig reviews start at approx p58

Jenjie, EnglishSilk -- thank you and you're welcome! :)

By the way, I realized the pictures my other friend took were a lot farther away--the ones from my last post were really the good ones. I also realized that the 15 sec. video she had is a lot shorter than I originally thought and shows very little so no use in posting any of it.

FluMTonks -- I'm jealous of all your Guy pics! :D

Finally, here are my only two good vids (Lost and 42, Yeah!!)on youtube.com all the others had me jumping around too much. Hate the zombie non fans blocking the view. if they don't come up right away i will fix it. this is my first time posting vids and you know i suck at the computer. click on "high quality" button to see better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aab0annzgW4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiLUTm3pkK0

Finally, here are my only two good vids (Lost and 42, Yeah!!)on youtube.com all the others had me jumping around too much. Hate the zombie non fans blocking the view. if they don't come up right away i will fix it. this is my first time posting vids and you know i suck at the computer. click on "high quality" button to see better

Aw, you got Jonny's swaying while he was singing in 42. God, I love that! Thanks for posting.:D

I hate to be negative here, but was I the only one who thought this was a really weak performance? Chris could barely sing. He often stopped singing completely & didn't finish complete phrases. I hope he gets a lot of vocal rest before the tour starts.

I thought they sounded great - Chris in particular. There were false starts and missed lyrics due to confusion but I'm pretty sure that was the fault of the show and not the band.

During the soundcheck he stopped singing to save his voice for the actual performance I think. You have to remember that it was 6:30am - he probably didn't have a lot of time to warm up.

I don't know...maybe being less than 5 feet or so from them was clouding my judgment:D

I hate to be negative here, but was I the only one who thought this was a really weak performance? Chris could barely sing. He often stopped singing completely & didn't finish complete phrases. I hope he gets a lot of vocal rest before the tour starts.

Yeah, I thought he was really good myself. The only time I remember him sounding downright terrible was during Yellow (which I think would be the reason they cut it). He even acknowledged that himself during that performance, though.

And he did stop singing the end of In My Place when he was in the middle of the crowd, but that was more from sheer amazement, I think. If you watch the bit online, it seems like he's basically thinking to himself, "I can't believe there's so many people here at this time." Really good stuff, actually.

Hmm...well maybe it was because of the confusion with them not knowing when exactly songs were live and when they were just rehersal. I think that's what was happening, right?

That's good to hear though, that you guys who were there thought it went well....because I'm seeing them next tuesday for the first time so I really want it to be great. I can't wait! :)

Yeah, I thought he was really good myself. The only time I remember him sounding downright terrible was during Yellow (which I think would be the reason they cut it). He even acknowledged that himself during that performance, though.

And he did stop singing the end of In My Place when he was in the middle of the crowd, but that was more from sheer amazement, I think. If you watch the bit online, it seems like he's basically thinking to himself, "I can't believe there's so many people here at this time." Really good stuff, actually.

i agree with your last para. he was looking around in amazement, like oh my god look at this amazing city and all of these people getting up so early to see us.

• 3 weeks later...

? about Today show concert

I was watching the concert on you Tube and it seems that when the guys came out,none of them even acknowledged the crowd except for Chris.

Chris looked at crowd,took off his hat and then said Good morning.The other guys didnt even look at the crowd Is that how it really happened???

Well they were out doing soundchecks for a while, talking with the crowd about how damn early it was and laughing. Half the stuff they did wasn't shown on the actual show, specifically, they only showed the ending of In My Place.

Also during soundchecks they did an acoustic version of Yellow around one mic.

Dig through the TODAY show thread, there's a bunch of really awesome videos and pictures from both during the televised parts and the soundcheck.

I thought they were quite personable, mostly Chris of course.