✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

27-Jun- 2008: The TODAY Show Reviews/Photos/Videos

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

show was awesome! I got there shortly after 6am, the line was pretty impressive. Chase was not in the lobby as we were led to believe lol but we found him. I wasn't as fortunate to be in the front row as I planned... but being 10 rows back was not bad!!! :) I cannot complain! It was hot, and by the time it was all over... all I wanted was water!!!!! The guys were great! I got some pretty awesome shots... one being my new wallpaper on my desktop! (ahh GUY!) I got lots of video... some of which I am uploading now to YouTube..... I'll post links as soon as its ready to go....

again, Thanks Ian!!! xoxoxo

Sorry to jump in but I was there too! Just wanted to share some pictures a friend of mine took while we were there. They're not the best but I thought I'd share anyway. :)

20f9so4.jpg

2llkmk0.jpg

p9mph.jpg

2we9cb4.jpg

15grxvt.jpg

2gv0hav.jpg

2vayrnp.jpg

These are from a friend of mine who was up a little closer:

2ptos5h.jpg

2hfm15x.jpg

qnmxb5.jpg

5obazr.jpg

25kikk5.jpg

20f3z21.jpg

1zgfih2.jpg

1108vv8.jpg

mj2648.jpg

2d0cmso.jpg

2zixzly.jpg

30lotgj.jpg

xlfcpd.jpg

muiihi.jpg

24yv9qs.jpg

o5aqg3.jpg

2mceomc.jpg

35cl91e.jpg

I'll upload a few more later when my other friend puts hers up. I believe she has a few from when Chris jumped off the stage and ran to where we were standing in the middle. She's also got something like a 15 sec. video. :)

holy crap, where were you? i was 3 people deep and they are amazing!!!! oh, i have still not landed on earth.....this experience was more than words can describe for all of us. Ian, i can believe you were not there (let me rub the salt deeper in the wound) the heat, the sound, the people , my nyc that i know and love were just fucking awesome. I have seen them 3 times in convcert, 3rd row closest but this was so real. beginning with the sound check and seeing them jsut waking up, grooggy and beautiful and like oh my god this is rockefeller center, just more real and personal than ever experted, no one wanted to get water b/c you would have to pee and leave your spot and no one was leaving !!!! with Will coming out first with his beautiful smile, so sure and loving.. oh i have had a few tonight, but this was more than i ever expected. and as i said before, first concert where I had not had a few.

OMG every time I come in here to read up on whatever I missed since the last time, I get to see more pics and read more "reviews," and I re-live the whole thing over again, and I still can't believe it really happened!!! Someone told me about "Coldplay depression" that hits once your high is gone and you realize you won't get to see them again for a while (and in this case as close ever again, most likely) but it hasn't hit me yet!! I'm still living off adrenaline a little bit! All day today (yesterday for you reading, since its 4am already) I couldn't stop yacking a mile a minute, telling friends all about my experience LOL.

Funny story...I was at Macy's, just looking for a dress, minding my own business not thinking of anything regarding Coldplay, when Clocks starts playing. I started crying. :cry: LOL Not full-blown tears, 'cause I'm not thhhaaaattt bad, but I got all emotional hearing Chris's voice, while images of the sound check flashed in my mind! I'm so glad I've got this place to tell this story, since my friends all think I'm nuts, and when I told about going to Today show they were all "oh that's nice for you, so....where are we going for dinner?" LIke, HELLLOOOO this was a fucken big deal event for me! Sigh, what can you expect of those not affected by the Coldplay addiction...(sorry, had to let that out :veryangry:)

Guest LiquidSky
Ok here's a little video I got from the soundcheck.... I think this was the 2x time they did the track... if I'm not mistaken, they did it 3x, right???

I was just a little in front of you, Camille!

Well, like Chelsea, I don't think you could ever see the sign I made. It is not anywhere near as good as hers but my printer totally crapped out as I was trying to make it....

during the very first bit with Al Roker you can see me holding the sign with my daughter's pic on it...

after that I was holding this one - I held it up for awhile but I don't think it was ever shown on tv

IMG_8300.jpg

OMG every time I come in here to read up on whatever I missed since the last time, I get to see more pics and read more "reviews," and I re-live the whole thing over again, and I still can't believe it really happened!!! Someone told me about "Coldplay depression" that hits once your high is gone and you realize you won't get to see them again for a while (and in this case as close ever again, most likely) but it hasn't hit me yet!! I'm still living off adrenaline a little bit! All day today (yesterday for you reading, since its 4am already) I couldn't stop yacking a mile a minute, telling friends all about my experience LOL.

Funny story...I was at Macy's, just looking for a dress, minding my own business not thinking of anything regarding Coldplay, when Clocks starts playing. I started crying. :cry: LOL Not full-blown tears, 'cause I'm not thhhaaaattt bad, but I got all emotional hearing Chris's voice, while images of the sound check flashed in my mind! I'm so glad I've got this place to tell this story, since my friends all think I'm nuts, and when I told about going to Today show they were all "oh that's nice for you, so....where are we going for dinner?" LIke, HELLLOOOO this was a fucken big deal event for me! Sigh, what can you expect of those not affected by the Coldplay addiction...(sorry, had to let that out :veryangry:)

how did you get in my mind? i went threw the same exact feelings. started crying in stop and shop when Fix you came on and the depression the day after and re reading everyone's posts re live the day. all my friends think i am nuts. i can't even look at the vids yet b/c then i would totlally loose it

anyone who shares is always welcome :D

Sorry to jump in but I was there too! Just wanted to share some pictures a friend of mine took while we were there. They're not the best but I thought I'd share anyway. :)

20f9so4.jpg

2llkmk0.jpg

p9mph.jpg

2we9cb4.jpg

15grxvt.jpg

2gv0hav.jpg

2vayrnp.jpg

These are from a friend of mine who was up a little closer:

2ptos5h.jpg

2hfm15x.jpg

qnmxb5.jpg

5obazr.jpg

25kikk5.jpg

20f3z21.jpg

1zgfih2.jpg

1108vv8.jpg

mj2648.jpg

2d0cmso.jpg

2zixzly.jpg

30lotgj.jpg

xlfcpd.jpg

muiihi.jpg

24yv9qs.jpg

o5aqg3.jpg

2mceomc.jpg

35cl91e.jpg

I'll upload a few more later when my other friend puts hers up. I believe she has a few from when Chris jumped off the stage and ran to where we were standing in the middle. She's also got something like a 15 sec. video. :)

Thanks for all the reviews, photos and vids. Did we ever tell you you're amazing? :D

Thanks to Winigwl for adding the setlist in to Wiki for me.

Thanks to Camu for putting up with the frequent text messages on fri morning! Hey, I was in a car on the motorway, with no other way of finding out how you all were getting on. Standing in a grey London street with rain in the air outside some random alleyway just didn't compare with the descriptions of hot New York!!

I am very jealous of you all, but have faith the Coldplay karma will work for us too, one day!!

Ive done another Wiki update, and you're so prolific, I've had to give the Today show too pages because Wiki stropped at me!!

Setlist & Media Reviews

Fan Reviews.