✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

27-Jun- 2008: The TODAY Show Reviews/Photos/Videos

My pics from NYC - these are my favorites and all I can post tonight before I totally pass out from sheer exhausion

First off...none of us would have been there in the VIP pen without this site! All Hail Ian!

IMG_8123.jpg

Band meeting with Phil....but look, Will is over in his happy place:D

IMG_8227.jpg

Guy looking fly as always...IMG_8219.jpg

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim that sucks, i hope you're friend is ok. i'm sorry that happened

she is ok now. i guess she was just really dehydrated.

thanks everyone for being so nice. at least we got to see the sound check so everything wasn't lost. (no pun intended :P)

i'm going to bed now though. i'm absolutely DEAD. talk to you all tomorrow...

between the humidity and excitement and exhaustion, i'm surprised all of us didn't pass out!

anyway, to me the sound check was the best part! and hey, they did get her address, so maybe something really cool will come her way--and then yours, too, if she'll share ;-)

P.S.

I've FINALLY gotten all my pics, from camera & phone, uploaded on to flickr. First time using so I took some time to figure my way around...and now to SLEEEEP!

Oh my god, Melanie, you was really there, HOLY MUFFINS! I'm so jealous right now XD

Thank you so much for the awesome pictures, JONNYFEST YAY! :D:laugh3: I'm still hyper for your review you lucky woman! :bomb:

Roadie #42 - Blog #8

June 28, 2008 11:00 am

R#42 blogs amid crazy scenes in NYC

news_line.png

I had yesterday pegged as just another TV show all the way up to about 6am. Just as the sun came up, it began to dawn on me just how amazing this was going to be. I can't remember anything like it in my whole time working for the band. The first Jimmy Kimmel show in 2002 was pretty amazing, but even that was just closing down Hollywood Boulevard. Here, there was major disruption to traffic on two different NYC streets, in front of and behind the stage. There were also folks hanging out of the skyscrapers that loomed above us, trying to get a look in.

I think the fact that it was an obscene hour of the morning made me a little slower to realise how beautifully strange it all was. It was only when Chris did a quick re-write of the 'shoot an apple...' line from 'Clocks' in the soundcheck ("too early to be out of bed...") that I even remembered that it was still some ungodly hour. This sideways sleep-deprived view obviously wasn't just limited to me, as 'Violet Hill' came towards the end, Chris stopped singing and spotted a young lad with a pretty hefty bandage and sling. "Wow, what happened to your arm, man?" he enquired as the track carried on below him. "Your brother hit you with a stick?".

The soundcheck stopped and started as commercial breaks allow. The setlist went through so many changes that the final version was brought out (after at least half a dozen revisions) by Tour Manager Andy Franks, literally scrawled on the back of a napkin. More run-throughs were squeezed in and nobody seemed to know whether we were actually still rehearsing or live on air. It was gorgeous chaos, wonderful nonsense - and then it was over. The band waved, thanked everyone and ducked back out. Me? I headed off to find a diner...

R#42

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=56

Roadie #42 - Blog #8

June 28, 2008 11:00 am

R#42 blogs amid crazy scenes in NYC

news_line.png

I had yesterday pegged as just another TV show all the way up to about 6am. Just as the sun came up, it began to dawn on me just how amazing this was going to be. I can't remember anything like it in my whole time working for the band. The first Jimmy Kimmel show in 2002 was pretty amazing, but even that was just closing down Hollywood Boulevard. Here, there was major disruption to traffic on two different NYC streets, in front of and behind the stage. There were also folks hanging out of the skyscrapers that loomed above us, trying to get a look in.

I think the fact that it was an obscene hour of the morning made me a little slower to realise how beautifully strange it all was. It was only when Chris did a quick re-write of the 'shoot an apple...' line from 'Clocks' in the soundcheck ("too early to be out of bed...") that I even remembered that it was still some ungodly hour. This sideways sleep-deprived view obviously wasn't just limited to me, as 'Violet Hill' came towards the end, Chris stopped singing and spotted a young lad with a pretty hefty bandage and sling. "Wow, what happened to your arm, man?" he enquired as the track carried on below him. "Your brother hit you with a stick?".

The soundcheck stopped and started as commercial breaks allow. The setlist went through so many changes that the final version was brought out (after at least half a dozen revisions) by Tour Manager Andy Franks, literally scrawled on the back of a napkin. More run-throughs were squeezed in and nobody seemed to know whether we were actually still rehearsing or live on air. It was gorgeous chaos, wonderful nonsense - and then it was over. The band waved, thanked everyone and ducked back out. Me? I headed off to find a diner...

R#42

3.jpg

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=56

I AM IN THIS PIC!!!!! There is a woman in black leaning on the rail..go back straight from her. I'm the brown haired girl with her head thrown back and eyes closed!!:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Coldplay on The Today Show

Coldplay's fourth album, “Viva La Vida” premiered at number one on the Billboard chart and is getting high praise from critics and fans. The band was on The Today Show this morning and performed for a huge crowd.

Chris Martin: “Ryan Seacrest designed our outfits”

When asked by Ann Curry how they achieved such success, lead singer Chris Martin quipped “Well, we took on a big team of financial advisers and marketers and stylists and Ryan Seacrest designed our outfits… No no what we tried to do is make everything as homemade as possible.”

Drummer Will Champion “It's a nice gesture” to give away music

Meredith Viera asked why they started giving away their music and doing free concerts and drummer Will Champion explained “We'd been away for a while and we didn't expect anyone to have to pay for our music without any encouragement, so we think it's a nice gesture. ‘Here you go, have it for free.'”

Ann asked “Guy, you said it was the boldest and most confident record you've done. Would you say that?” [hands mike to guitarist Johnny Buckland] <-- :laugh3:

Johnny got a little nervous, and said “Yeah, I dunno… We just had a great time in the studio recording it. We worked with incredible people… Brian Eno, who's our hero.”

Bass player Guy Berryman added “I don't think it really sounds like our last three records… there's going to be a few surprises.” [audience screams when Guy starts talking]

Chris Martin: everyone wants to see our “handsome bass player”

Chris Martin joked “Most of the audience comes to see our handsome bass player, Guy. The music is secondary.”

Anne Curry concluded that “There's something real authentic on this album and it reaches out deep into all of us.”

From: http://www.infosjeunes.com/Coldplay-on-The-Today-Show_a98071.html

Coldplay on The Today Show

Coldplay's fourth album, “Viva La Vida” premiered at number one on the Billboard chart and is getting high praise from critics and fans. The band was on The Today Show this morning and performed for a huge crowd.

Chris Martin: “Ryan Seacrest designed our outfits”

When asked by Ann Curry how they achieved such success, lead singer Chris Martin quipped “Well, we took on a big team of financial advisers and marketers and stylists and Ryan Seacrest designed our outfits… No no what we tried to do is make everything as homemade as possible.”

Drummer Will Champion “It's a nice gesture” to give away music

Meredith Viera asked why they started giving away their music and doing free concerts and drummer Will Champion explained “We'd been away for a while and we didn't expect anyone to have to pay for our music without any encouragement, so we think it's a nice gesture. ‘Here you go, have it for free.'”

Ann asked “Guy, you said it was the boldest and most confident record you've done. Would you say that?” [hands mike to guitarist Johnny Buckland] <-- :laugh3:

Johnny got a little nervous, and said “Yeah, I dunno… We just had a great time in the studio recording it. We worked with incredible people… Brian Eno, who's our hero.”

Bass player Guy Berryman added “I don't think it really sounds like our last three records… there's going to be a few surprises.” [audience screams when Guy starts talking]

Chris Martin: everyone wants to see our “handsome bass player”

Chris Martin joked “Most of the audience comes to see our handsome bass player, Guy. The music is secondary.”

Anne Curry concluded that “There's something real authentic on this album and it reaches out deep into all of us.”

From: http://www.infosjeunes.com/Coldplay-on-The-Today-Show_a98071.html

we couldn't hear any thing being said, but as soon as I saw Guy's smile I knew what Chris had said. :P