✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ask the Oracle on Coldplay.com (Now in session!)

twistedlogic149

Latest update:

August 7, 2008 - submitted by Gerardo, Mexico

Q. Why do towels need to be washed if we are clean when we use them?

The Oracle replies:

We are clean but there will still be traces of skin and products that will transfer to the towel. Plus the water can leave a less than desirable odour over time. To illustrate why we need to wash towels, I ask you this: would you be happy staying in a hotel that didn't wash their towels based on the theory that we are clean when we use them?

August 7, 2008 - submitted by Ellen, United States of America

Q. Someone asked about where to find Coldplay's lyrics and was told they were on the official website. Where ???

I can't find them. Please help!

The Oracle replies:

I may start handing out detentions... the reply was that they will appear on the official site, so they're not here yet.

So confirmation we have the official site to come :D :D!!

More questions actually about the band!!!

August 7, 2008 - submitted by Ellen, United States of America

Q. Someone asked about where to find Coldplay's lyrics and was told they were on the official website. Where ???

I can't find them. Please help!

The Oracle replies:

I may start handing out detentions... the reply was that they will appear on the official site, so they're not here yet.

August 7, 2008 - submitted by Micah, United Kingdom

Q. Where can i see pictures of the friends and family gig they played at Wembley Arena? I was at the front and spotted a female photographer taking lots of snaps! I want people to see how close i was to the band!!!

The Oracle replies:

It was Penny Howle taking photographs but mostly of the band. A few were posted in our news section.

August 7, 2008 - submitted by Jeff, United States of America

Q. Dear Oracle,

Chris made me wanna play piano and i did it. watching Jonny helped me learn more guitar. and now im not too shabby if i say so myself. but writing music is tough. how does Chris come up with those lyrics?

The Oracle replies:

Rather than tell you how Chris comes up with lyrics, I'm going to advise you. Some people find it easier than others but that doesn�t mean it will always be that way. Practice, practice, practice. Treat song writing like a muscle; exercise it every day. If you find that it's still tough, hook up with someone who writes and collaborate.

August 7, 2008 - submitted by Darcy, United States of America

Q. When I saw Coldplay play their impromptu acoustic car park set in Atlanta in 2002, why did Guy spend the whole time at the top of the stairs and not playing with the other members of the band?

The Oracle replies:

Ah the fateful Atlanta gig. Rain caused havoc and led to the show being cancelled. The band decided to play unplugged in the car park. Back to the question... in 2002 Guy played his bass but didn't sing backing vocals or play any percussion etc. so on that particular occasion Guy wasn't included because he didn't have an acoustic bass guitar. It's pretty difficult to use a regular one in those circumstances. He did mingle and chat with fans.

Carrying on...

August 7, 2008 - submitted by Claire, Ireland

Q. What is the best cure for a hangover?

The Oracle replies:

Milk is a great thing to have before you start drinking alcohol. When the booze session is over, a pint of water before you go to bed with a Milk Thistle tablet is a good foundation. The morning ritual that works best is a banana, vitamin C and a packet of salt & vinegar crisps. Basically hair of the dog is not a cure; it just makes you feel better because your body is craving more alcohol. Keep drinking plenty of water throughout the day. Remember, it�s wise to drink in moderation to avoid the hangover and long-term damage.

August 7, 2008 - submitted by Emily, United Kingdom

Q. I saw a film a few years back where Chris and Jonny were discussing the inspiration behind the song 'Yellow'. The camera panned to the Yellow pages and to this day my husband and I still argue over whether this was a wind up or not. Oracle, please clarify.

The Oracle replies:

Whatever you have seen or heard about how Yellow got its name; it is nothing to do with Yellow Pages. I know Chris has said on occasion that it is, but trust me, it isn't.

Q. I saw a film a few years back where Chris and Jonny were discussing the inspiration behind the song 'Yellow'. The camera panned to the Yellow pages and to this day my husband and I still argue over whether this was a wind up or not. Oracle, please clarify.

The Oracle replies:

Whatever you have seen or heard about how Yellow got its name; it is nothing to do with Yellow Pages. I know Chris has said on occasion that it is, but trust me, it isn't.

I seem to remember Chris once saying they were all sitting around and started messing around and that he was just trying to do his best Neil Young impersonation or something like that. That's how they started to write the song.

The Oracle replies:

I DONT BELIEVE THAT !!!!! :stunned::stunned::stunned:

Chris said it EVERYWHERE !!! so he lied to us :bigcry:

I'd heard that he was in the studio, messing around at the piano and he had the bulk of the lyrics done, but was missing the "It was all Yellow" bit. He was looking around the room, saw that word and just threw it in. I never heard what the word yellow was written on...

he said it everywhere : Jonathan Ross in 2005, Storytellers, 100% fuse interview, .. to name a few.

Is the Jonathan Ross interview the same one that people post pics of on the Guy thread? I never saw it. Do you know where I could find it, 'cos I'd like to hear the interview, and love to see Guy - he looks so good in the pics that were posted :)

I'm pretty sure Guy helped with the answer for the hangover lol just kidding ! but I am kind of upset all these years Chris has been saying in interviews that it was yellow sheets of papers and I believed him! then again it doesnt shock me too much idk

Is the Jonathan Ross interview the same one that people post pics of on the Guy thread? I never saw it. Do you know where I could find it, 'cos I'd like to hear the interview, and love to see Guy - he looks so good in the pics that were posted :)

yes, that's the one !

ooh you're gonna love that interview.. i cant believe there's still people out there who havent seen it yet :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjzT43Vdpfo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mKb-YRyVLM&feature=related

btw, I'm still on topic when posting this here as Chris talks about Yellow in that vid. :D

oops! you're faster than me ! :P

I'm pretty sure Guy helped with the answer for the hangover lol just kidding ! but I am kind of upset all these years Chris has been saying in interviews that it was yellow sheets of papers and I believed him! then again it doesnt shock me too much idk

doesnt shock me either as it's Chris and we all know he can come up with the silliest stories sometimes :lol:

but the yellow pages bit was a classic in Yellow's writting process ! :confused:

oops! you're faster than me ! :P

doesnt shock me either as it's Chris and we all know he can come up with the silliest stories sometimes :lol:

but the yellow pages bit was a classic in Yellow's writting process ! :confused:

Thanks guys - wow the web is a wonderful thing! Here I am in merry old England and I'm getting tips on a UK tv show from the Finns & the French - the world really is getting smaller!

Great interview - Guy looked fab (Foreplay! I love it!)

As for the Oracle - I'm now starting to question his/her answers. I think still think there's some truth to that Yellow story, it's been repeated so many times!