✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ask the Oracle on Coldplay.com (Now in session!)

twistedlogic149

Do we have any idea of the turnaround time on these questions?

I posted one on Sunday - there's been an Oracle update since, but I was wondering, were those questions posted ages ago (ie, has mine still got a chance? or as there's been an update and mine wasn't used, does it mean it's in the bin and I've got to start again)

BTW, is this site being REALLY slow for everyone else tonight?

No it hasn't yet.

But it really does, you can especially see it in those pictures you posted. :D

If it hadn't been painted almost 200 years ago I'd have honestly thought it was meant to be Jonny.

:stunned: somehow, this resambles to that really bad horror movie with Christina Ricci called "The Gathering" :laugh3:

i want that answered! and no more "what´s the name of that coldplay song which lyrics are........" :dozey:

about who´s behind the oracle, i thought maybe it was debs wild, the woman who used to answer the q&a section in the previous web.

Another incisive question answered

"What does Viva La Vida mean?"

Not only do these people not know how to use Google - they clearly never pick up a magazine either...

Surely if you are interested enough in Coldplay to submit a question, you already show a passing interest in them and so read the occasional interview or article?

Just thinking about the identity of The Oracle...

The popular theory seems to be that it's Phil. But the latest update has just happened - aren't they in the states at the moment? That would mean he's updating the website at like six in the morning?

No-one could possibly be patient enough to answer these ridicuous questions so early in the day - could they?!!

WTF! You want those idiots on here posting stupid shit like that? Don't be telling the Oracle to send those fucktards over here! If you can't even use Google, you need to be shot in the fucking head, not registering for this forum. :P

:anxious: Clearly, i didn't think through this! :laugh3:

July 31, 2008 - submitted by Anna, Hungary

Q. I am translating a play. There is a line about "my sister watching Coldplay. They are singing that song about the stars." Would you happen to know which song is meant? Thanks

The Oracle replies:

That would be Yellow.

Like I suppose fair enough, the stars thing is a bit vague for someone but come on Oracle! How 'bout you answer some question from loyal, long term fans of Coldplay :cry:

EDIT

I didn't think it could get worse...even more googley questions!

July 31, 2008 - submitted by Cristina, Spain

Q. I would like to know if it is possible to buy merchandise of Coldplay in their concerts. We can buy merchandise in the store online but, can we buy it in Coldplay shows of the tour?

The Oracle replies:

Yes Cristina, it is possible to buy merchandise at the shows.

Do you ever think it's all an elaborate wind-up? They put these lame-ass questions up there to frustrate those of us who sit around all day dreaming up weird & wonderful questions? Maybe it's a sign that we shouldn't be surfing as much...

Maybe I really do need to get a life...

^ Haha, yeah good point RedGirl76....

anyway *continues Internet surfing* :D

oooh look.

July 31, 2008 - submitted by Alice, Switzerland

Q. How many questions have you been sent oh wise one?

The Oracle replies:

Yours is question 4981.

Yeah, even as I typed it, I knew I'd ignore my own advice. I've been on this site for over two hours now - it's just so bloody addictive, and everyone's so nice!

Nearly 5000 questions - maybe that explains the poor quality of some of them. There can't be time to wade through them all so I guess they just pick some out at random.

Here's hoping the tide turns and some Coldplayers get picked soon!

P.S. Love your sig!

almighty Oracle

^ Haha, very good question. :laugh3:

One that definitely need to be answered! :veryangry:

Yeah, even as I typed it, I knew I'd ignore my own advice. I've been on this site for over two hours now - it's just so bloody addictive, and everyone's so nice!

Nearly 5000 questions - maybe that explains the poor quality of some of them. There can't be time to wade through them all so I guess they just pick some out at random.

Here's hoping the tide turns and some Coldplayers get picked soon!

P.S. Love your sig!

Oh thanks! Just saw your sig. That's clever! :D

Ooooooh, I hope it's not just COMPLETELY random.

But even if it was then some of us really BIG coldplaying.comer's questions should have been picked! :sneaky:

Well, my maths is rubbish but there's been 5000 submissions and I'me guessing less than 50 replies so far....

As for my sig - I was in London on Monday, and just had to go and have a wander round Maida Vale, all the while listening to the album on my I-Pod!