✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ask the Oracle on Coldplay.com (Now in session!)

twistedlogic149

I just asked a question today.

Mine was,

"I've heard Chris speak a bit a French before. Can any of the band members speak another language apart from English?"

I don't know if it's a dumb question or not, but it interests me. Who knows? One of them could suprise everyone :laugh3:

i know chris speaks a little dutch too... they once sang a song about mooie ellebogen (nice elbows) which they wrote with a friend from holland

and I don't think it's a dumb question... wouldn't it be HOT if Guy could speak french I can hear him say it now...... 'mon amour' oh la la....

The Oracle made a funny

August 1, 2008 - submitted by Alex, Mexico

Q. Will we ever see a live performance of Coldplay and Zeppelin together?

The Oracle replies:

Will we ever see another live performance of Zeppelin together after the Ahmet Ertegun gig last December? That's what I want to know. Of course, usually I would know but Zeppelin are above The Oracle.

But in answer to your question, no.

Coldplay.com

I thought this was funny and wanted to share it.

Not seen this one posted in the thread yet

August 1, 2008 - submitted by Andy, Australia

Q. I've seen a handful of different painted acoustic guitars over the past few months used during live shows (and the Violet Hill video!). They are absolutely brilliant and I can't tell you how much I just want to get my hands on one. The guys should sell them! How many of these guitars do the guys use?

The Oracle replies:

Vicki Taylor, the band's assistant hand-painted each and every instrument. It's not limited to acoustic guitars, if you look at the drums and electric guitars etc. All designs are again based on Frida Kahlo's work. There are few sets of each too.

That was my question :)

cool question :cool: can someone ask which one is going to be the official video? I asked him two questions buth he never answered I'm afraid that if I send one more coldplay will luck me or something from their fans base or whatever that is

lol that is pretty funny. Led Zep are amazing i talk on there forum to. all fingers point to yes that they will play again. most likelya mini-tour sort of thing. can you imagine this concert.

Opener :Coldplay

2nd band: Led

3rd band: Pink Floyd(best band ever imo).

and im the oracle.

I asked about 20 questions; some are really silly and some are a little less silly.. still dont know what it takes to get an answer.. :dozey:

i know chris speaks a little dutch too... they once sang a song about mooie ellebogen (nice elbows) which they wrote with a friend from holland

and I don't think it's a dumb question... wouldn't it be HOT if Guy could speak french I can hear him say it now...... 'mon amour' oh la la....

hmm Bonjour Monsieur ! :wink3:

Chavi

wouldn't it be HOT if Guy could speak french I can hear him say it now...... 'mon amour' oh la la....

I already find his accent incredibly sexy...if I heard him speak French (with a slight Scottish accent!) it'd kill me:dizzy2:. LOL

Ahem, anyway...about the Oracle. Who is it??? Can we ask him to identify himself??? I'm so curious if it's just some random person, or Roadie #42(Miller) or Prospekt(Phil)...THAT'S the question I'd like to know the answer to.

Chavi

I already find his accent incredibly sexy...if I heard him speak French (with a slight Scottish accent!) it'd kill me:dizzy2:. LOL

Ahem, anyway...about the Oracle. Who is it??? Can we ask him to identify himself??? I'm so curious if it's just some random person, or Roadie #42(Miller) or Prospekt(Phil)...THAT'S the question I'd like to know the answer to.

Oracle refused to identify Prospekt, so I'm guessing they won't identify themselves

New answers

August 4, 2008 - submitted by joe, United States of America

Q. Is it true that Coldplay would win in a fight between Chuck Norris and themselves?

The Oracle replies:

Coldplay aren't the fighting kind of band and Chuck Norris has never been in a fight, ever. Do you call one roundhouse kick to the face a fight?

----------------

August 4, 2008 - submitted by Diane, Canada

Q. What is "The Bakery"? I heard Chris mention it on TV last night and I just read another question addressed to you that was referring to it.

Thank you!

The Oracle replies:

The bakery is the name of the band's HQ. They have their own studio space in a former bakery, hence the name.

-----------------

August 4, 2008 - submitted by Snooz, Norway

Q. Is Coldplay afraid of making music outside their "genre"?

The Oracle replies:

Not at all, that said, I think genres are misguided labels. Music is music. It was pigeonholed so that lazy people knew where to find it in the record store.

The Chuck Norris one's got to be one of the best ever :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

August 4, 2008 - submitted by ashley, United States of America

Q. If cats always land on their feet, and buttered toast always lands butter down, what would happen if we tied buttered toast, butter up, on the back of a cat and dropped the cat?

The Oracle replies:

As the buttered toast would be attached to the cat, the cat would still land on its feet.

August 4, 2008 - submitted by Renee, United States of America

Q. What was the name of the band that performed before Santogold at the Aug 3 show in Washington DC?

The Oracle replies:

Juniper Lane.

August 4, 2008 - submitted by Javier, Ecuador

Q. It's just a coincidence Timber-lake and Timber-land??? They're now so together.. sounds rare... destiny!!?

The Oracle replies:

Well not really as Timberland are makers of quality outdoor gear. Timbaland on the other hand is the producer/artist that works with Justin.

August 4, 2008 - submitted by Arn, Wake Island

Q. I have a live version of ladder to the sun, has it been recorded in the studio yet and will it be a b-side?

The Oracle replies:

Most songs you hear live have a studio or demo version recorded. There are so many of these tracks that which ones will make it as b-sides, changes all the time.

August 4, 2008 - submitted by ashley, United States of America

Q. If cats always land on their feet, and buttered toast always lands butter down, what would happen if we tied buttered toast, butter up, on the back of a cat and dropped the cat?

The Oracle replies:

As the buttered toast would be attached to the cat, the cat would still land on its feet.

hahaha that's my question!! one of the more stupid ones that i asked though. i wish i had gotten a better answer!