✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ask the Oracle on Coldplay.com (Now in session!)

twistedlogic149

Q. What is "The Bakery"? I heard Chris mention it on TV last night and I just read another question addressed to you that was referring to it.

Thank you!

I hate this kind of questions...

please people! ask something that we don't already know :P!

Q. If cats always land on their feet, and buttered toast always lands butter down, what would happen if we tied buttered toast, butter up, on the back of a cat and dropped the cat?

The Oracle replies:

As the buttered toast would be attached to the cat, the cat would still land on its feet.

:laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:

Q. It's just a coincidence Timber-lake and Timber-land??? They're now so together.. sounds rare... destiny!!?

The Oracle replies:

Well not really as Timberland are makers of quality outdoor gear. Timbaland on the other hand is the producer/artist that works with Justin.

Lol.

HEY GUYS--THE ORACLE SPEAKS AGAIN!!!....

August 5, 2008 - submitted by Mark, United States of America

Q. Are the globe screens at the concerts supposed to be cannon balls? This would settle a huge bet. Help me out.

The Oracle replies:

No, cannon balls are more AC/DC's style.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 5, 2008 - submitted by Yoanna, Hong Kong

Q. When will Coldplay release their "Viva La Vida" music video? I'm still looking forward to watch this. A lot of boring people made fake music video on YouTube...And is it true that the iTunes ad is a little part of the real "Viva La Vida" music video? *Thanks Oracle sir!"

The Oracle replies:

There are 2 Viva la Vida videos on the website now

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 5, 2008 - submitted by Raphaelle, Canada

Q. When Coldplay came to Montreal, they spoke some French, do they speak the language of each country they are visiting?

The Oracle replies:

They do try, yes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 5, 2008 - submitted by Lauren, United States of America

Q. Did you ever know that you're my hero, and everything I would like to be?

The Oracle replies:

I can fly higher than an eagle, 'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

(the Oracle's a wiseass, I love it!)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 5, 2008 - submitted by Shawnna, United States of America

Q. How long has Coldplay been involved with Oxfam?

The Oracle replies:

August 5, 2008 - submitted by Trent, United States of America

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q. I Know I've Already Asked A Question, BUT, Will Coldplay And Doves Ever Tour?

The Oracle replies:

It wasn't a tour but Doves supported Coldplay in July 2005.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 5, 2008 - submitted by Amanda, Canada

Q. Is the glass half-empty or half-full???

The Oracle replies:

Regardless of being either a pessimist or optimist, if we're talking about an empty glass that you half fill, it's half full. If we're talking about a full glass and drink/empty out half, it becomes half empty.

:)

The Oracle replies:

Regardless of being either a pessimist or optimist, if we're talking about an empty glass that you half fill, it's half full. If we're talking about a full glass and drink/empty out half, it becomes half empty.

thats a very cool answer :D

The Oracle replies:

That's exactly what I say! If you are filling it up it's half full and if you drank half it's half empty!

I guess great minds just think alike:dozey:

August 5, 2008 - submitted by Lauren, United States of America

Q. Did you ever know that you're my hero, and everything I would like to be?

The Oracle replies:

I can fly higher than an eagle, 'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

Apparently flattery is definitely the way to go :laugh4:!

EDIT:

August 4, 2008 - submitted by Javier, Ecuador

Q. It's just a coincidence Timber-lake and Timber-land??? They're now so together.. sounds rare... destiny!!?

The Oracle replies:

Well not really as Timberland are makers of quality outdoor gear. Timbaland on the other hand is the producer/artist that works with Justin.

:laugh3: :laugh3:

August 6, 2008 - submitted by Tessa, United States of America

Q. If ketchup and mustard were real life married people, which one would be the man and which would be the woman?

The Oracle replies:

This is an obvious one, Mr Mustard and Mrs Ketchup. Bear with me on this, as it will sound stereotypical, but it's a positive one. Mustard is strong, associated with meat and derives from seeds. The tomato is sweet, has a more delicate composition and is a fruit. It just sounds right.

August 6, 2008 - submitted by Michael, United States of America

Q. Do the people of Coldplay like Muse??

The Oracle replies:

Coldplay love Muse. There�s a lot of shared history with the two bands. Back in 1998 both bands played In The City unsigned, a music convention in Manchester. As a result, both bands went on to bigger things. Muse invited Coldplay to support them at London's Astoria in 2000. Chris has said that Muse inspired Clocks.

Who cares if they like Muse - and couldn't you guess the answer anyway???

The mustard/ketchup answer made me laugh, but still, it's not what I was hoping for. I thought the Oracle was going to help us get to know Coldplay better... does anyone feel like they've learned a lot from the Muse question???

Who cares if they like Muse - and couldn't you guess the answer anyway???

The mustard/ketchup answer made me laugh, but still, it's not what I was hoping for. I thought the Oracle was going to help us get to know Coldplay better... does anyone feel like they've learned a lot from the Muse question???

Nothing I didn't already know. :S

Today, my mission is to get a question answered by the Oracle. I'm going to keep submitting them until he/she answers.

first one (paraphrased coz I can't remember exactly what I asked & forgot to copy it): Is Roadie #42 psychic or just stalking me? I spend ages refreshing the page waiting for a new blog. Within mintues of me logging off my computer, a new blog appears!!

August 6, 2008 - submitted by Tessa, United States of America

Q. If ketchup and mustard were real life married people, which one would be the man and which would be the woman?

The Oracle replies:

This is an obvious one, Mr Mustard and Mrs Ketchup. Bear with me on this, as it will sound stereotypical, but it's a positive one. Mustard is strong, associated with meat and derives from seeds. The tomato is sweet, has a more delicate composition and is a fruit. It just sounds right.

Hahahaha!

That's so stupid! Hahaha! it made me laugh! Haaahahaha!:D:D:D:D

Nice :)

The Oracle replies:

He/she sooooo got that from Mean Mr. Mustard :rolleyes: