✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ask the Oracle on Coldplay.com (Now in session!)

twistedlogic149

You have got to be kidding me.....

August 7, 2008 - submitted by Marie, Canada

Q. I can't believe I'm doing this, but hey... I met my soulmate a year ago. I had 2 young kids and a boyfriend of 8 years, wich I left because of the other guy. I couldn't stand being so much in love with someone else so I actually did it. I followed my heart... That soulmate also fell deeply in love with me and also has 2 young kids and a 8 year old relationship with his girlfriend. Now the problem is that I am still waiting for him to leave his girl, but he can't do it. Why? Scared of not making the right decision, whatever. He is still in love with me, calls me everyday and comes to see me every 2 weeks... What should I do, keep waiting for the guy, or tell him to go f**k himself???... God...

The Oracle replies:

Yes, that's exactly what you should do. Better still; stop taking his calls and meeting up with him. What would you advise your own kids to do if they were telling you this? Hopefully you�d say the same as I am telling you to get some self-respect and ditch him.

sounds like he is saying someone dropped the ball and that the lyrics were supposed to be up already...uh oh...someone's in trouble!

I thought he meant the person who asked the question should pay more attention to what he said before!

You have got to be kidding me.....

August 7, 2008 - submitted by Marie, Canada

Q. I can't believe I'm doing this, but hey... I met my soulmate a year ago. I had 2 young kids and a boyfriend of 8 years, wich I left because of the other guy. I couldn't stand being so much in love with someone else so I actually did it. I followed my heart... That soulmate also fell deeply in love with me and also has 2 young kids and a 8 year old relationship with his girlfriend. Now the problem is that I am still waiting for him to leave his girl, but he can't do it. Why? Scared of not making the right decision, whatever. He is still in love with me, calls me everyday and comes to see me every 2 weeks... What should I do, keep waiting for the guy, or tell him to go f**k himself???... God....

when I first read the name of the girl I was like...aaahhh!!!....I didn't do anything why is my name up there and location! But yeah there's more than one Marie in Canada.:cool::rolleyes:

I think the hangover cure has been the most informative and least ridiculous question asked so far. But, where the fuck are my really important questions??????? Holy crap I am getting tired of the bs stupid ass questions. sorry, I am ranting once again.:rolleyes:

COLDPLAYER QUESTION ANSWERED (surely!! :P)

August 8, 2008 - submitted by angie, United States of America

Q. Why doesn't Jonny wear tighter pants?

The Oracle replies:

He's not in Kings Of Leon you know! Have you ever tried to walk in those things?

hahahhaha I can't believe, it can only be her to ask that question

well done Angie :laugh3:

Other Q&A

August 8, 2008 - submitted by Claire, Sweden

Q. Hi. You mentioned an Atlanta gig in a car park, I thought Elton John joined them on stage in Atlanta?

The Oracle replies:

Atlanta tends to be a memorable show not least for the car park gig. Amazing guests have joined the band onstage.

You're right about Elton John, but that was in 2003, he played piano on Trouble. In 2005 Michael Stipe of R.E.M came along for the encore to do a rendition of Nightswimming.

August 8, 2008 - submitted by Duncan, Malta

Q. Did Johnny Cash write 'Til Kingdom Come?

The Oracle replies:

'Til Kingdom Come was actually written for Johnny Cash, but he sadly died just before he recorded his vocals to the track. The band decided to record it. It is a hidden track on X&Y and was performed as part of their acoustic set during the Twisted Logic Tour.

August 8, 2008 - submitted by Jack, Netherlands

Q. Dear Oracle,

I have always wondered.. Why are mosquitos (and some other insects) repelled by the scent of lemon? Because all the insect repellents smell like lemon. Why? Is it really the scent that bothers them?

Thanks!

The Oracle replies:

In fact mosquito repellants don't repel, they just hide you and your scent. You appear invisible and so they don't know you're there.

August 8, 2008 - submitted by Mel, Argentina

Q. How can i make my boyfriend stop taking drugs?

Actually, he takes cocaine and cheeba.

I used to do drugs too but now i'm clean and everytime i tell my boyfriend he'd better stop doing drugs he gets mad at me. I truly understand him cuz it's very difficult to leave the cocaine. He also promised me, when we started going out together, that he'd stop taking that addictive sh*t for me but now he doesn't want to.

I may sound a bit silly, but i just don't want to split with him because of this.

I've talked about this with my Chemestry teacher, who have been in my same situation, and she suggested i should give him an ultimatum but it's so difficult. That's the way love goes...

what should i do, Oracle?

The Oracle replies:

Unfortunately you can�t stop him taking drugs; he has to want to stop. It doesn�t sound like he wants to right now. Ultimatums rarely work, as there�s a feeling of pressure and bullying. People don�t usually like to be told what to do. I can�t therefore tell you what to do, only guide you through. You say you understand because you have been in that situation but also say you don�t want to leave him because of this. Going out with someone does require compromise and support but are you really willing to be around someone who has a dependency? Ask yourself if you stay because you think you can change him or that he will fulfil his promise. If that�s the case I urge you to re-think and decide what�s best for YOU. Harsh as it is, you are not responsible for him and so don�t try and save him. However, if he asks for help, that�s entirely different.

August 8, 2008 - submitted by dan, United States of America

Q. i like a girl don't know if she likes me

can you ask Chris to write a song for me that i could sing to her? c'mon

The Oracle replies:

Why don't you just try Shiver?

August 8, 2008 - submitted by George, Cyprus

Q. Do people change or not?

The Oracle replies:

People can change their behaviour. They can also change as they age. It's all part and parcel of growing up, as the Oracle�s Mum would say.

August 8, 2008 - submitted by sian, United States of America

Q. Does the band have a fitness professional/personal trainer on the tour?

The Oracle replies:

Yes they do and his name is Dan. Dan's the man.

August 8, 2008 - submitted by Ryan, United States of America

Q. Who is the Stig?

The Oracle replies:

I couldn't possibly spoil the best-kept secret in TV history, just like I didn't squeal about who shot J.R. I can tell you that it isn't me, Prospekt, Anchorman or Roadie 42.