✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ask the Oracle on Coldplay.com (Now in session!)

twistedlogic149

OK, fair enough. :) Worth the shot though... :D

I'm not sure that you got it right - you wouldn't have to read the thread or search for "the one" question.

You'd just get one message with one question (daily or weekly) and that's it.

This was a rushed idea. I agree it's kind of "elitist". And we would probably ask questions you can't answer like the CB one.

I misinterpreted your job. (Mixed it up with the Anchorman's.)

By the way, you're probably thinking...

"6976?! There must be a decent question in that lot!"

I haven't time to play this game but I bet I could tell you what more than half of those are asking. I could probably say that three quarters of what's left will be of a personal problem nature.

I'd wager there's very little that cover the can answer and not been asked before category. I am sniffing them out but as I say, there's a lot.

x

ps No, I don't need help to read them thanks!

pps I want to log out now as it's late...

Nice to see you 'round these parts, Debs! Thanks for all you do. :D

To me, the non-Coldplay questions that get answered probably make the asker feel like their life, and not just their almighty dollar, is important to the band and the Oracle. I love the personal touch even though I don't ask the personal questions.

Much love and thanks!:D

Nice to see you 'round these parts, Debs! Thanks for all you do. :D

To me, the non-Coldplay questions that get answered probably make the asker feel like their life, and not just their almighty dollar, is important to the band and the Oracle. I love the personal touch even though I don't ask the personal questions.

Much love and thanks!:D

Once again, personal questions are totally OK, but questions about glue and football and homosexuality... Why? :sick:

Never mind, it's none of my business. If she said they are interesting to her, why not... :smug:

What if we started a thread here named "What would you ask The Oracle" or something like that for the fans to discuss and see if others were wondering the same and then only one of us sends you the question so that you don't get bothered with numerous copies of the same question?

And then, when we reach a consensus, someone whom we make in charge sends it to you here via private message and you answer it. But you answer every question asked in this manner. Of course if you or the band don't know the answer yet, let us know that too.

That is if you or anyone from The Oracle team visit this site regularly. It would be like a daily exclusive coldplaying question! We'll limit it to one question per day.

I don't think it would be appropriate to have an "exclusive" type of thing; there are LOADS of fans who aren't members here, so she would still get the duplicate questions anyway. That would just unnecessarily make more work for her.

However, you can always visit this thread and see if a fellow Coldplayer can help out with an unanswered question: http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69390

And for those who aren't fond of the non-Coldplay questions... I think the Oracle section of coldplay.com has always this:

oracle_submittext.png

So it shouldn't be a surprise that she answers non-Coldplay and odd-ball questions. Personally I think that makes it more fun, but that's just me (although I'm pretty sure other people feel the same).

I don't think it would be appropriate to have an "exclusive" type of thing; there are LOADS of fans who aren't members here, so she would still get the duplicate questions anyway. That would just unnecessarily make more work for her.

However, you can always visit this thread and see if a fellow Coldplayer can help out with an unanswered question: http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69390

And for those who aren't fond of the non-Coldplay questions... I think the Oracle section of coldplay.com has always this:

oracle_submittext.png

So it shouldn't be a surprise that she answers non-Coldplay and odd-ball questions. Personally I think that makes it more fun, but that's just me (although I'm pretty sure other people feel the same).

I agree, but to each their own. I like the odd-ball questions. She reflects a fair cross-section of Coldplay fans, even if sometimes the questions are just strange,lol.

I can't believe I missed all of this!

Anyway, I really like the Oracle section on Coldplay.com, even the personal questions! I'm glad it exists :nice:

Once again, personal questions are totally OK, but questions about glue and football and homosexuality... Why? :sick:

What's not ok about homosexuality questions?

I'm glad you mentioned that because that is EXACTLY why I answer what I answer. I did not write that - Prospekt (RIP) did.

x

oracle_submittext.png

January 17, 2012 - submitted by Eleanor, United States of America

Q. Hello,

I was curious to know with the band doing two nights in a number of North American cities does it give the guys a chance to explore the local scene and try a restaurant or does their fame and busy schedule keep them confined to their hotel?

Thanks

The Oracle replies:

They don't really have time to "explore" as such but Guy does go to local antiques shops / markets. If they have 2 shows at a venue, they will probably only be staying locally one night before leaving so there isn't all that much time to do anything. By the time they get back after a show, shower and perhaps have a late night supper they'll be up early to breakfast, train and then do it all over again.

If they have a night off at a hotel they may dine there but yes, sometimes they do go out to a local recommended restaurant. On the Latin American tour there were a few occasions where both those things happened plus a couple of nights at local bars. It's all quite low key apart from one uncomfortable time when we walked into a club and they immediately started playing a Coldplay song. We didn't stay long...

January 17, 2012 - submitted by Mohamed, Egypt

Q. Dear Oracle,

I hope that you answer this question, I asked a dozen questions before but of no use. Anyways, I wanted to know where the boys prefer to stay when they visit cities on tour? Do they choose specific hotels or just the nearest hotel to the gig?

Thank you.

The Oracle replies:

The band have a Tour Manager who books the hotels but it's never based on how close the hotel is to the venue or airport these days. It's always a lovely hotel and they do often stay at the same places tour after tour.

January 17, 2012 - submitted by Eleanor, United States of America[/color][/b]

Q. Hello,

I was curious to know with the band doing two nights in a number of North American cities does it give the guys a chance to explore the local scene and try a restaurant or does their fame and busy schedule keep them confined to their hotel?

Thanks

The Oracle replies:

They don't really have time to "explore" as such but Guy does go to local antiques shops / markets. If they have 2 shows at a venue, they will probably only be staying locally one night before leaving so there isn't all that much time to do anything. By the time they get back after a show, shower and perhaps have a late night supper they'll be up early to breakfast, train and then do it all over again.

If they have a night off at a hotel they may dine there but yes, sometimes they do go out to a local recommended restaurant. On the Latin American tour there were a few occasions where both those things happened plus a couple of nights at local bars. It's all quite low key apart from one uncomfortable time when we walked into a club and they immediately started playing a Coldplay song. We didn't stay long...

:laugh3:

That must have been weird. :lol:

oracle_submittext.png

Oh I see. They encourage bizarre questions. :D (Bizarre is misspelled btw.) :P

As I said, I don't follow the Oracle or this thread and I only heard the bad side of the story - people calling the Oracle "useless" for providing CP info and complaining about her/them giving relationship advice. :sad:

That's a good thread btw.

I can't believe I missed all of this!

Anyway, I really like the Oracle section on Coldplay.com, even the personal questions! I'm glad it exists :nice:

What's not ok about homosexuality questions?

Nothing wrong with it!

Chris Martin. :dazzled:

:D

I meant to refer to that hate mail about a homosexuality question.

January 17, 2012 - submitted by Clare, United States of America

Q. Hello Oracle! I was wondering if the Nappies was just a one time thing or if Coldplay would be doing any more joke videos. Thanks Oracle!

The Oracle replies:

I would say there have been funny videos since

. For example there's been
and
as well as many humorous live moments too of course.

By the way, you're probably thinking...

"6976?! There must be a decent question in that lot!"

I haven't time to play this game but I bet I could tell you what more than half of those are asking. I could probably say that three quarters of what's left will be of a personal problem nature.

I'd wager there's very little that cover the can answer and not been asked before category. I am sniffing them out but as I say, there's a lot.

x

ps No, I don't need help to read them thanks!

pps I want to log out now as it's late...

OMG I just quoted THE Oracle!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

**FANBOYYYYYYYYYYYY MOMENT**

I don't understand the sudden questioning of The Oracle. Even if she doesn't answer Coldplay questions all the time, she has given some of us here peace of mind concerning some themes. And well she's just our gateway to ultimate Coldplay knowledge (does that make any sense? I just put some words together there I guess)

Anyways, since variety is the spice of life, maybe we could spice things up, to please some (apparantly) very hungry fans.

What if, they did like a 'theme week' in wich someone else answers the questions for once, like Roadie#42, or Mat Whitecross, or Vicky Taylor (I know she does the Oracle from time to time, but maybe this time we could ask her some question directly), or perhaps even a band member. I don't know just throwing it around

If you are regular readers of the Oracle section, the sarcasm and 'rude' jibes are consistent and not new.

They're never down to bad mood/ grumpiness.

Quite simply they are to liven the place up and have a laugh.

If anyone feels like it's at their expense, they have yet to say.

If any one else thinks so, that's as free a thought also.

Sometimes those comments have a warning of tone and/or content.

Perhaps the easily offended should stop reading at that point.

It's not meant to offend.

Rather than litter Tash's thread - ironically - if anyone has a problem, perhaps the way to express it is in an email directly.

All opinions will be read and taken on board but changes will not necessarily be made - that's not the reason behind this post.

Thanks.

[email protected]

It's good to know that you are rude to people just to "have a laugh"...................