✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ask the Oracle on Coldplay.com (Now in session!)

twistedlogic149

Thank you for your kind words of support but some haters just continue hiding behind screens and get off on it.

x

People please, why are you giving The Oracle shit all of the sudden? I reall really don't get it. For me, nothing has changed, I still like it, I still read it every day. I don't like Team Oracle though, but in stead of complaining about it, or criticizing the person who puts time and effort in it, I just don't read it. Genius right?

I think I've exhausted my right to reply but I'm not sure why people don't just email me directly (from real accounts) to say what's on their mind.

Here it is again: [email protected]

I'm sorry to say that it amuses me that if the faceless Oracle didn't want to reveal their identity that would have been an easy cowardice option but hey, here I am.

I bet those haters are glad it isn't a band member!

Thank you for your kind words of support but some haters just continue hiding behind screens and get off on it.

x

I know but please, don't let them get to you, I know it must be tough, because you're the only one who knows how much time you spend on it, but most of us like what you're doing and appreciate it a lot (I for one, don't take it for granted), and would be devastated if you'd decide to quit because of them..

"useless"? Charming. I hadn't seen that. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but now maybe you can see what I meant by people ironically commenting. So it's ok for someone to call me useless but I can't suggest someone take a wristband off.

And you wonder why I hate forums and we closed ours down.

Time to log off.

I thought that joke was funny. :D Some fans really do take it too far, don't they... :P

Just to clarify, it wasn't me who called you useless. I've seen comments saying the Oracle's been useless lately. And complaining about relationship advice. I can refer you to the exact messages I saw yesterday, but let's not get into petty details.

We all generally are very grateful that this service even exists. I don't know of any other band that has a similar indirect, but still very close fan-band contact. Coldplay members are really nice guys.

Don't worry. As you say, nobody knows anything - about who I am or what I do - people may think they do but really have no idea so I don't really mind. I just find it reeks of resentment or bitterness and am not sure why then they'd bother reading the Oracle section & reading / commenting on an Oracle thread. It doesn't sound like many of them ever asked a question themselves.

Also, if I read a few negative comments, it doesn't come close to the number of positive emails from fans. Many also write privately as they don't want to be seen online.

Maybe they just want my job?

I know but please, don't let them get to you, I know it must be tough, because you're the only one who knows how much time you spend on it, but most of us like what you're doing and appreciate it a lot (I for one, don't take it for granted), and would be devastated if you'd decide to quit because of them..

And for all the people, the bands usually not pay attention to the fans questions. the questions from fans is to be with the fans communicate and supporting.

the band, management has decided.

Respect the official site, serious work ! :angry:

I hate, the haters because is bad nasty to destroys the value of a person who answered true, consciousness, possible questions from the fans, because it's a hard responsibility.

Me too ;)

I didn't think it was you by the way but I don't wish to see individual comments. It makes no odds to me. I am far too old to worry about being liked by everyone. I don't need everyone to like me. I am who I am and not apologizing for that just because someone disagrees. We don't all like everyone in real life either so not bothered at all.

I just can't abide name calling if it isn't face to face - I find it spineless.

Anyway, don't worry, you don't need to get dragged it but I do appreciate your feedback.

x

I thought that joke was funny. :D Some fans really do take it too far, don't they... :P

Just to clarify, it wasn't me who called you useless. I've seen comments saying the Oracle's been useless lately. And complaining about relationship advice. I can refer you to the exact messages I saw yesterday, but let's not get into petty details.

We all generally are very grateful that this service even exists. I don't know of any other band that has a similar indirect, but still very close fan-band contact. Coldplay members are really nice guys.

Oh no, I just saw under your avatar it says you're depressed :(

Hope you feel better soon.

x

And for all the people, the bands usually not pay attention to the fans questions. the questions from fans is to be with the fans communicate and supporting.

the band, management has decided.

Respect the official site, serious work ! :angry:

I hate, the haters because is bad nasty to destroys the value of a person who answered true, consciousness, possible questions from the fans, because it's a hard responsibility.

Don't worry. As you say, nobody knows anything - about who I am or what I do - people may think they do but really have no idea so I don't really mind. I just find it reeks of resentment or bitterness and am not sure why then they'd bother reading the Oracle section & reading / commenting on an Oracle thread. It doesn't sound like many of them ever asked a question themselves.

Also, if I read a few negative comments, it doesn't come close to the number of positive emails from fans. Many also write privately as they don't want to be seen online.

Maybe they just want my job?

Haha I bet they do :laugh3:

Oh no, I just saw under your avatar it says you're depressed :(

Hope you feel better soon.

x

thanks is kind bah is just mood of my life in Swiss. I can not avoid and I can not change the values ​​that people have for me.

So, not let the fans psychologically, destabilized annoyed you, take the distance. important for the balance mantal .

Plus I think that another in management staff person should help you to manage yes almost 7000 questions is much.

Take care Debs ;)

x

I bet those haters are glad it isn't a band member!

oh man... could you imagine Chris answering relationship questions??? XD

"My girlfriend/boyfriend broke up with me, wah wah wah"

"No problem. EAT LOTS OF CHOCOLATE."

"I'm in love with my best friend, wah wah wah"

"Well... you could always EAT LOTS OF CHOCOLATE... uh... that'll help, I think."

"I want to do something really special for my husband/wife for our anniversary, but I don't know what, wah wah wah"

"Chocolate."

Summary:

Mysterious "Oracle" appears on Coldplay website

Fans discuss this happening on a forum

Some fans criticize the Oracle on a forum (which makes a lot more sense to me than sending the Oracle an email)

Oracle appears on forum and tells them to stop whining

Fans suck up

I'm sorry, but this doesn't feel right to me. Sometimes people can be harsh on a forum, but discussions should be allowed. I think this is kind of like a band member posting that a fan shouldn't listen to that one song if they don't like that song. If the Oracle (meaning the person behind the Oracle) decides to creep on the fans, that's fine, but she could maybe learn something from it, or ignore it if it gets too harsh/mean/illogical/whatever.

"Well... you could always EAT LOTS OF CHOCOLATE... uh... that'll help, I think."

"I want to do something really special for my husband/wife for our anniversary, but I don't know what, wah wah wah"

"Chocolate."

Great solution. :nod: I would eat chocolate anyway. :awesome:

btw, I think you do a great job, Debs. :nice:

I like reading the Oracle, I read it every day. But why all the bashing at once? I have never/not often heard complains about it, I think Debs is doing a great job answering all the questions!

edit: And yes Debs, I think it's just because they want to have your job :laugh3:

@ m@r@

Excactly! She has a huge choice, so of course she can't pick every question. And like you said, I think people should realise too that we should be happy for the opportunity of sending questions (:

Well, I'm one of the people who didn't get an answer from Debs. So what? People shouldn't take that too personally. I don't feel frustrated or sth. If she has that huge choice (more or less 7000 questions) why wouldn't she just choose the ones that she likes and wants to answer? Of course, not everyone will like that choice, but that's no reason to attack her like that. I think Debs answers a variety of questions and that's very good. I don't say that people shouldn't criticize anything, but they should do it in a polite way and stop attacking like that.

We can be happy that Coldplay fans DO have that opportunity to send in questions, and if Debs doesn't reply, you send another one later.

That's all I wanted to say :)

Thank you Debs for doing that job, I appreciate it a lot !! Forget about all that nastiness :)

:laugh3:

That proper made me laugh! Ha ha ha!

"Chocolate."

That's not strictly true.

Chris revealed my identity on the radio early days. We try to maintain mystery but as it was out there it became a thread on here so I have not been mysterious to the majority on Coldplaying

That's why I haven't got an Oracle account here. I didn't want to be a dick and hide behind a pseudonym anyway. That would have been cowardly & pathetic. I decided to speak up for myself and don't see what's wrong with that. If someone said something about you and you disagreed, what would you do? Why should I ignore it?

I don't recall anyone to stop whining.

Fans said want they want - if YOU think they sucked up, that's YOUR opinion. Personally that reads quite insulting to those fans - but that's my own view.

I didn't say discussions shouldn't be allowed but it's like you're saying as long as the topic of discussion doesn't join in.

Your analogy doesn't seem quite right to me as I do skip songs I don't like. It doesn't mean I think the artist is wrong to have recorded and released it.

It's just personal views.

Summary:

Mysterious "Oracle" appears on Coldplay website

Fans discuss this happening on a forum

Some fans criticize the Oracle on a forum (which makes a lot more sense to me than sending the Oracle an email)

Oracle appears on forum and tells them to stop whining

Fans suck up

I'm sorry, but this doesn't feel right to me. Sometimes people can be harsh on a forum, but discussions should be allowed. I think this is kind of like a band member posting that a fan shouldn't listen to that one song if they don't like that song. If the Oracle (meaning the person behind the Oracle) decides to creep on the fans, that's fine, but she could maybe learn something from it, or ignore it if it gets too harsh/mean/illogical/whatever.

Good to see you ignoring my asking you to write to me personally.

Why would I need to write to you personally when I could reply here? I'm not going to send an entire long-winded email of how I'd prefer things to be, as I know you wouldn't want to read it anyways. I comment here because this is a discussion thread, as is every thread on this website.

Also, you ignored the post in which I called you out on admitting that you respond rudely to questions "for a laugh." And you say the "haters" are "hiding behind their computer screens"?

"She" has a name and gave the opportunity to put your views in an email.

Why not write and ask me instead of slagging me on a forum?

I did counselling years ago actually.

I'm not doing a degree.

If you don't like the personal Qs, don't read them. Many people do or wouldn't send them.

Actually, "she" is simply a pronoun that human beings use to describe a proper noun so their statements do not become redundant. It's not a degrading term.

That's not strictly true.

Chris revealed my identity on the radio early days. We try to maintain mystery but as it was out there it became a thread on here so I have not been mysterious to the majority on Coldplaying

That's why I haven't got an Oracle account here. I didn't want to be a dick and hide behind a pseudonym anyway. That would have been cowardly & pathetic. I decided to speak up for myself and don't see what's wrong with that. If someone said something about you and you disagreed, what would you do? Why should I ignore it?

I don't recall anyone to stop whining.

Fans said want they want - if YOU think they sucked up, that's YOUR opinion. Personally that reads quite insulting to those fans - but that's my own view.

I didn't say discussions shouldn't be allowed but it's like you're saying as long as the topic of discussion doesn't join in.

Your analogy doesn't seem quite right to me as I do skip songs I don't like. It doesn't mean I think the artist is wrong to have recorded and released it.

It's just personal views.

My point was that it wouldn't be right for a member of the band to actually say that they should skip or ignore the song instead of discussing it.

Let us complain (or praise for that matter, I don't want to sound all negative), hell, even explain yourself if you must, but don't barge in and say that we should "stop littering Tash's thread", cause people were just discussing the subject of this thread.

My point was that it wouldn't be right for a member of the band to actually say that they should skip the song instead of discussing it.

Let us complain (or praise for that matter, I don't want to sound all negative), hell, even explain yourself if you must, but don't barge in and say that we should "stop littering Tash's thread", cause people were just discussing the subject of this thread.

You're So Right - The Strokes

I didn't ignore you, I invited you to email me. Once again will you please stop stating what you think is fact, you do not "know" I wouldn't want to read it, you "think" it. Own your own personal view. I wouldn't have asked you to email if I didn't want to read what you have to see.

I would rather not waste time on reading post after post, it makes more sense to me to receive an email and reply one to one.

I don't come here often so while you would rather reply here, if I don't log and see that you could possibly think I am ignoring you. An email would be seen and replied to.

Why would I need to write to you personally when I could reply here? I'm not going to send an entire long-winded email of how I'd prefer things to be, as I know you wouldn't want to read it anyways. I comment here because this is a discussion thread, as is every thread on this website.

Also, you ignored the post in which I called you out on admitting that you respond rudely to questions "for a laugh." And you say the "haters" are "hiding behind their computer screens"?