✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ask the Oracle on Coldplay.com (Now in session!)

twistedlogic149

If you are regular readers of the Oracle section, the sarcasm and 'rude' jibes are consistent and not new.

They're never down to bad mood/ grumpiness.

Quite simply they are to liven the place up and have a laugh.

If anyone feels like it's at their expense, they have yet to say.

If any one else thinks so, that's as free a thought also.

Sometimes those comments have a warning of tone and/or content.

Perhaps the easily offended should stop reading at that point.

It's not meant to offend.

Rather than litter Tash's thread - ironically - if anyone has a problem, perhaps the way to express it is in an email directly.

All opinions will be read and taken on board but changes will not necessarily be made - that's not the reason behind this post.

Thanks.

[email protected]

Hmm, well did it occur to anyone that The Oracle was asked to answer non-Coldplay questions?

Always better to get clarification.

Also, if you knew how many questions of a personal nature get sent in, I think there'd be a case to say that many love it and find it more than fair.

As you don't see the Coldplay related questions (not thousands) that get asked, you don't know what they are and why they might not be getting answered.

So, maybe those who don't like the non-band related ones, it might be an idea to come up with really different, interesting, exciting, new and fabulous shiny Coldplay ones. The personal ones are staying but it'd be great to have more band ones.

Just saying.

Get your thinking caps on or I'll have to start sending some in ;-)

Ooh there's a thought.

x

Or just don't answer ANY if none of them are good enough for you????

OOOH JUST A THOUGHT. :o

^^I suspect it would be hard for any of them to do a full week with their schedules, but it would be fun!

Can you imagine the questions poor Chris and Jonny would have to contend with? LOL!

Well The Oracle could make a selection and then ask them, so it would just take a good 10 minutes for the 'interviewee'

If she did that, she'd get shit from like half the people on here. I think she gets loads of e-mails 'where have you been, why didn't you answer any questions' when she skips a day (bank holiday or whatever reason). You should be glad that we have her!

If she did that, she'd get shit from like half the people on here. I think she gets loads of e-mails 'where have you been, why didn't you answer any questions' when she skips a day (bank holiday or whatever reason). You should be glad that we have her!

Thank you. Debs is a lot more involved with the band than just as the Oracle. She also has a whole life outside the band. She does what she can, when she can and most are grateful. And I suppose if people don't enjoy what she's doing, they don't have to read it. ;)

But she gets shit from people no matter what. And I'd rather have no questions answered than pointless ones because pointless ones are worse.

I'm glad for the valuable information she has given us all in the past, but that's not an excuse to be rude.

As you don't see the Coldplay related questions (not thousands) that get asked, you don't know what they are and why they might not be getting answered.

So, maybe those who don't like the non-band related ones, it might be an idea to come up with really different, interesting, exciting, new and fabulous shiny Coldplay ones. The personal ones are staying but it'd be great to have more band ones.

Just saying.

Get your thinking caps on or I'll have to start sending some in ;-)

Ooh there's a thought.

x

what exactly would you consider "really different, interesting, exciting, new and fabulous shiny Coldplay ones"?

because i have sent in plenty of questions which i thought would be interesting... or questions whose answers would be interesting to me, at least. :P but perhaps they were not interesting enough. :shrug:

Debs is not a superwoman. She cannot respond to all the mail, even if there are good questions. nevertheless, she do an amazing job. :nice:

Hmmmmm..no she is not a superwoman.

At times I wonder if she is even working with the band anymore or if she is off getting some sort of counseling/psychology degree.

She certainly seems to find time to answer the same "relationship" questions over and over again.

And I personally do not find those questions to be "interesting or exciting or unique."

She has a full life both with and without the band and she doesn't owe us perfection.

Maybe we need a 'bitch about the Oracle' thread for those of us who really don't want to read this stuff. I realize it's a discussion forum, but the negativity here lately makes me want to unsubscribe from this thread and just read the official site. My choice, I guess. ;) :irony:

what exactly would you consider "really different, interesting, exciting, new and fabulous shiny Coldplay ones"?

because i have sent in plenty of questions which i thought would be interesting... or questions whose answers would be interesting to me, at least. :P but perhaps they were not interesting enough. :shrug:

The layer of sadness in this story breaks my heart.

January 18, 2012 - submitted by Ajten, Sweden

Q. Why can't you vote for the Brits more than once? So frustrating.

The Oracle replies:

Well if you think about it if you could vote as many times as you liked, there could be people voting all day every day if they wanted to (for each artist) and it wouldn't give a very realistic figure in the voting results. I think we personally would love to win on genuine votes rather than multiple ones too. Ooh that reminds me, I must go and vote now.

January 18, 2012 - submitted by Abby, United States of America

Q. Where can I find legal Clocks by Coldplay music with out having to buy it?

The Oracle replies:

Just to listen to you mean? You can listen to it if you visit our MySpace page or you'll find it on Spotify. If you're looking to download it, I would only point you in the direction of paying around 99p for it as I personally don't agree with (and never do it myself) illegal free downloading.

January 18, 2012 - submitted by Nick, United States of America

Q. Dear Oracle,

Is there any chance that you or anybody else over there could release Coldplay's first gig? I think it's a great idea and I know you have the first gig somewhere because I saw Coldplay talking about it over the timeline. PPLLLEEAASSE?

The Oracle replies:

They did talk about the 16th January 1998 gig on the archived Timeline but we don't have the full show by any means so we can't release it in any form. Even if we did, I highly doubt the boys would want that out there in its entirety.

Just my two cents, I think we should just be thankful that The Oracle/Debs/Coldplay are providing us with answers to our questions. What if they decided to one day just stop and and say "forget those little ingrates, who needs to put up with their whining and bitchin?" and not answer our never ending need for info on Coldplay? They don't have to provide us with info and we should be grateful. I do suggest heading to Google or Wiki info before submitting a question because Debs must get tired of the same questions asked over and over again. It would grate on anyone.

"useless"? Charming. I hadn't seen that. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but now maybe you can see what I meant by people ironically commenting. So it's ok for someone to call me useless but I can't suggest someone take a wristband off.

And you wonder why I hate forums and we closed ours down.

Time to log off.

Oh I see. They encourage bizarre questions. :D (Bizarre is misspelled btw.) :P

As I said, I don't follow the Oracle or this thread and I only heard the bad side of the story - people calling the Oracle "useless" for providing CP info and complaining about her/them giving relationship advice. :sad:

That's a good thread btw.

Nothing wrong with it!

Chris Martin. :dazzled:

:D

I meant to refer to that hate mail about a homosexuality question.

"She" has a name and gave the opportunity to put your views in an email.

Why not write and ask me instead of slagging me on a forum?

I did counselling years ago actually.

I'm not doing a degree.

If you don't like the personal Qs, don't read them. Many people do or wouldn't send them.

Hmmmmm..no she is not a superwoman.

At times I wonder if she is even working with the band anymore or if she is off getting some sort of counseling/psychology degree.

She certainly seems to find time to answer the same "relationship" questions over and over again.

And I personally do not find those questions to be "interesting or exciting or unique."

People please, why are you giving The Oracle shit all of the sudden? I reall really don't get it. For me, nothing has changed, I still like it, I still read it every day. I don't like Team Oracle though, but in stead of complaining about it, or criticizing the person who puts time and effort in it, I just don't read it. Genius right?

I do do themes from time to time but daily, not weekly. I won't be doing that. Team Oracle is the only regular at this time.

Vicki is far too busy as the band's PA (as are the band) so not sure where you got the idea that she answers questions.

x

I don't understand the sudden questioning of The Oracle. Even if she doesn't answer Coldplay questions all the time, she has given some of us here peace of mind concerning some themes. And well she's just our gateway to ultimate Coldplay knowledge (does that make any sense? I just put some words together there I guess)

Anyways, since variety is the spice of life, maybe we could spice things up, to please some (apparantly) very hungry fans.

What if, they did like a 'theme week' in wich someone else answers the questions for once, like Roadie#42, or Mat Whitecross, or Vicky Taylor (I know she does the Oracle from time to time, but maybe this time we could ask her some question directly), or perhaps even a band member. I don't know just throwing it around

Like what? Email me what you have sent, I may be able to explain why they haven't been answered. If they have been read yet that is...

Yup, that's right. As I explained, there are many reasons I don't / can't / won't answer some so yes, they do have to fall into a particular "good enough for me". Pretty sure most jobs would have the same policy of quality control and if you have a question, go for it.

I do do themes from time to time but daily, not weekly. I won't be doing that. Team Oracle is the only regular at this time.

Vicki is far too busy as the band's PA (as are the band) so not sure where you got the idea that she answers questions.

x

I think I read it somewhere that when you aren't able to, she takes over. I thought it was weird at that time too, but I assumed it was true. But thanks for replying ;) It was just an idea, if you keep it the way it is, it'll be fine with me :smug: