✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ask the Oracle on Coldplay.com (Now in session!)

twistedlogic149

Wow, im glad I haven't been around on coldplaying lately. All this negativity is shameful :(

poor Debs :(

I don't agree. "All this negativity"? A couple of users were discussing something about the Oracle that they didn't like. There is more than enough positivity.

oh man... could you imagine Chris answering relationship questions??? XD

"My girlfriend/boyfriend broke up with me, wah wah wah"

"No problem. EAT LOTS OF CHOCOLATE."

"I'm in love with my best friend, wah wah wah"

"Well... you could always EAT LOTS OF CHOCOLATE... uh... that'll help, I think."

"I want to do something really special for my husband/wife for our anniversary, but I don't know what, wah wah wah"

"Chocolate."

:wtf: :wreck:

You guys are not diplomatic. We have (or had if she really doesn't return) a chance to speak directly to Debs, give constructive criticism and/or abuse this rare opportunity to ask a question. All of your criticism and praising were pretty useless. We haven't gained anything, we only pissed her off.

For example, constructive criticism would be - why doesn't the Oracle section have a SEARCH option?

If it does, I'm sorry, but I can't find it. I only see tags. How do I know if a question I'm interested in hadn't been answered already?

Do I have to go through years of questions to find it, because if I ask it again I probably won't be answered, would I?

And I'd like to abuse this opportunity to ask about CAR KIDS if you're still reading this Debs.

There are dozens of threads on this site about it and not a day goes by without people obsessing about it or being pissed of by it.

People are curious about it because of the CK symbol on Chris' shirt and the big Car Kids graffiti on the MX wall.

Is the vertical CK symbol actually just the Oxfam symbol or does it refer to the song?

So please tell us everything you can (or are allowed to) about it. Is it a real finished song? Will we hear it during this era? Have you heard it, is it good?

My point was that it wouldn't be right for a member of the band to actually say that they should skip or ignore the song instead of discussing it.

Let us complain (or praise for that matter, I don't want to sound all negative), hell, even explain yourself if you must, but don't barge in and say that we should "stop littering Tash's thread", cause people were just discussing the subject of this thread.

Something tells me no one would be upset if Chris were to 'barge in' in a thread about him. Debs has as much right to weigh in on an Oracle discussion as the rest of us. Maybe more.

Yes, this is a discussion forum, but this is ALL off topic. This is the Ask The Oracle thread, and I've piled through 4 pages of back-and-forth since the last question/answer.So, maybe a proper thread to discuss all views positive and negative would be a courtesy for those of us who just want to read Tash's re-posts. Sure, we all make a quote or comment here and there,but this is all way too distracting.

That's what people mean by littering this thread.

I reckon you had a 100x greater chance to get answered here.

7000 emails vs. 70 posts.

actually, i emailed Debs just this morning and received a reply not long after, and have sent/received several more replies since. so, if you still have something to talk to her about, i would suggest sending her an email.

plus, as she said (in response to katie, i think), she's more likely to read the email than to come back here and read through the thread. :P

Something tells me no one would be upset if Chris were to 'barge in' in a thread about him. Debs has as much right to weigh in on an Oracle discussion as the rest of us. Maybe more.

Yes, this is a discussion forum, but this is ALL off topic. This is the Ask The Oracle thread, and I've piled through 4 pages of back-and-forth since the last question/answer.So, maybe a proper thread to discuss all views positive and negative would be a courtesy for those of us who just want to read Tash's re-posts. Sure, we all make a quote or comment here and there,but this is all way too distracting.

That's what people mean by littering this thread.

His point is that people have the right to complain when they don't like something. It would be just as stupid for Chris himself to come onto a thread where somebody had made a post about disliking a song and basically tell them why they are "wrong" about their opinion.

This is a thread dedicated to the oracle and the questions she answers and for feedback in regards to them, good or bad.

actually, i emailed Debs just this morning and received a reply not long after, and have sent/received several more replies since. so, if you still have something to talk to her about, i would suggest sending her an email.

plus, as she said (in response to katie, i think), she's more likely to read the email than to come back here and read through the thread.

OK, thanks. I wanna know about the search thing (or you can tell me if you know, I can't see it). :sad:

And possibly Car Kids. Not because of me but because it's been out of control at times...

Everything after Debs appearing here should possibly be made into a separate thread (it's not fair to Tash's thread).

I didn't ignore you, I invited you to email me. Once again will you please stop stating what you think is fact, you do not "know" I wouldn't want to read it, you "think" it. Own your own personal view. I wouldn't have asked you to email if I didn't want to read what you have to see.

I would rather not waste time on reading post after post, it makes more sense to me to receive an email and reply one to one.

I don't come here often so while you would rather reply here, if I don't log and see that you could possibly think I am ignoring you. An email would be seen and replied to.

The point you are missing is that I don't care whether or not you see my complaints. Clearly it's probably better that you don't. It's not as if I ever complain about anything with the intent that you'll see it and change everything you do. I've never felt ignored because I've never felt entitled to a response to anything I say.

His point is that people have the right to complain when they don't like something. It would be just as stupid for Chris himself to come onto a thread where somebody had made a post about disliking a song and basically tell them why they are "wrong" about their opinion.

This is a thread dedicated to the oracle and the questions she answers and for feedback in regards to them, good or bad.

If I read a thread about me (let's use me, since I'm not remotely related or important here,lol.) I'd want to weigh in. It's human nature. No, I wouldn't be whiny (And nor do I think Debs was) or say someone was wrong, but I WOULD put my two cents in.

And yes. As I stated already. This IS a discussion forum for all sides of any topic,whether I agree or not. BUT this thread was made by Tash to re-post the Oracle's answers, and that's why most come here. Discuss away, but a new thread for it might make it easier for those who just want to read the questions. It was merely a suggestion to de-clutter this one.

I, like Debs, am walking away now, because I'm talking in circles,lol. Not trying to argue, just looking for solutions.

Cheers, and thanks for the thread, Tash!:)

If I read a thread about me (let's use me, since I'm not remotely related or important here,lol.) I'd want to weigh in. It's human nature. No, I wouldn't be whiny (And nor do I think Debs was) or say someone was wrong, but I WOULD put my two cents in.

And yes. As I stated already. This IS a discussion forum for all sides of any topic,whether I agree or not. BUT this thread was made by Tash to re-post the Oracle's answers, and that's why most come here. Discuss away, but a new thread for it might make it easier for those who just want to read the questions. It was merely a suggestion to de-clutter this one.

I, like Debs, am walking away now, because I'm talking in circles,lol. Not trying to argue, just looking for solutions.

Cheers, and thanks for the thread, Tash!:)

But, you guys discuss the oracle answers all of the time, why is it suddenly clutter now? A second thread for discussion would just make things more confusing.

Anyways, if it's really ONLY for posting of the actual questions, what's the point? Just check Coldplay's website then, if all you want to see is the questions and answers.

This thread wasn't created by Tash, nor was its purpose to repost everything the Oracle posts. It's really sweet of Natascha to put so much work in this site and she's always incredibly quick with reposting the questions, but it doesn't have to be the sole purpose of this thread.

But, you guys discuss the oracle answers all of the time, why is it suddenly clutter now? A second thread for discussion would just make things more confusing.

Anyways, if it's really ONLY for posting of the actual questions, what's the point? Just check Coldplay's website then, if all you want to see is the questions and answers.

Sure, a few quotes or comments, but not pages of a fan/Debs tog-of-war. Don't get me wrong, it's really quite fascinating, but I doubt it was the original purpose of this thread.

My bad on giving credit to the wrong thread-starter.