✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

22-Dec-08: O2 Arena, Dublin - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos (NEW DATE)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then another personal highlight of the night when the band left the stage and began ascending the stairs to a tiny platform in the middle of the crowd which just happened to be no more than about 6 feet away from where I was situated. I had debated this earlier in the night with my friend that they would come to the spot beside us to play the acoustic set, and luckily I was right :D I tried to collar Jonny as he came up the steps, I scream to "let me play Green Eyes" unfortunately it wasn't to be! Heart warming renditions of Green Eyes/Jingle Bells (which Chris proclaimed as a new song!) and Fairytale Of New York followed. Fairytale of New York went down a treat with the Dublin crowd as they ably assisted Will with his vocals on this. They promptly made a quick exit from their little platform and gave the crowd a little respite as a remix of Viva La Vida played.

sadly the rumour regarding Crests Of Waves was untrue!

I think I was close to you then Tony, cause I moved from my seat while they were still playing Lost! to get closer to the C-stage and security let me stay there just feets away :wacky:

Oh and where did you hear about CoW rumour? I guess someone didn't get the things right..

Bono and the missus were in the second row!
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I was too far away to even be able to see him :bigcry: :bigcry:

But the thought of being in the same place as him :heart:

Oh and can I add one thing: Patrizio, damn you, you ruined the surprise..anyway I'll get back with the details of this show too after christmas

P.S. Just one thing, I never thought I would say this but Chris in person is far better than in pictures and Phil smile is great :nice:

Present for the Jonny lovers, hope you like it, ramp of love was too far away for my crap camera zoom, this is the best I could get (thanks to the security guy at the O2 for letting me stay so close :nice:)

img3559ls0.jpg

:stunned:

*squEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEeeeeeeee*

:wacky::bomb::dead:

THanks for the picture!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

I feel like I'm invading the the threads of the last three gigs of the year :uhoh:

So we spent the morning going around the center, but we already decided we wanted to be at the venue earlier than the day before, so we arrived there by 2.15pm more or less...the place was desert, no security at the gate, but the weather was lovely so it was not hard to wait outside

this is the view to the Grand Canal Docks...maybe one day in the future the U2 Tower will be there on the right

01ye8.jpg

then a security guy came out, the same as the day before...and we went there and asked if the band had already arrived, he said yes, that they arrived at lunchtime..and I was like "as if I believed you, they never arrive so early", so we decided to wait on our bench at the other side of the street...wait...wait, till it was nearly 4.30 pm and I see four men approaching the gate, I look better and :stunned: that one with the green hat is Chris

I call him, but I guess my voice was not loud enough, so my friend call him louder, he turns and stops before getting inside..we run to cross the street, I nearly got knocked down by I don't know how many cars :laugh3: :laugh3:

I tought I would stay there dumb, not being able to say a word, but he's been so nice, he told us he walked to the venue from the city center because the weather was nice. He took a look at our banners, first the CoW one, so I took the chance and I stated I already knew that they were never going to play it, and he answered they tried it (but didn't tell when) but "it sounds shit" :laugh3::laugh3: I told him, well I don't want the whole song, I could go on with just a verse, and he replied they were probably trying it that day.

Then he saw the other banner, the one with "Long Live Coldplay and all their roadies (especially #42)" and said he really loved it.

I don't remember everything he said, it all went too fast, and he needed to get inside, I guess the last thing I asked was if he knew whether the others were already there, but he didn't.

And this is the pic I took with him :nice:

02el3.jpg

At this point my friend started crying, I was hyper and couldn't stop smiling, so we stayed there to see if the other three were arriving.

It was getting late and some people were already arriving to get in the queues. We had to wait for our friends so we didn't move from the lucky gates, and two vans arrived, the first was a Mercedes one with black windows, we couldn't see anything inside but we showed our banners, on the second one, which was different, there was only one person, I looked better, he looked at me...and it was Phil, who read the banner and smiled and we waved each other, it was so strange :lol:

Ok need to get to sleep now, the rest is for tomorrow :nice:

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

Great Denise, you name will be a great echo all over!

I feel like I'm invading the the threads of the last three gigs of the year :uhoh:

So we spent the morning going around the center, but we already decided we wanted to be at the venue earlier than the day before, so we arrived there by 2.15pm more or less...the place was desert, no security at the gate, but the weather was lovely so it was not hard to wait outside

this is the view to the Grand Canal Docks...maybe one day in the future the U2 Tower will be there on the right

01ye8.jpg

then a security guy came out, the same as the day before...and we went there and asked if the band had already arrived, he said yes, that they arrived at lunchtime..and I was like "as if I believed you, they never arrive so early", so we decided to wait on our bench at the other side of the street...wait...wait, till it was nearly 4.30 pm and I see four men approaching the gate, I look better and :stunned: that one with the green hat is Chris

I call him, but I guess my voice was not loud enough, so my friend call him louder, he turns and stops before getting inside..we run to cross the street, I nearly got knocked down by I don't know how many cars :laugh3: :laugh3:

I tought I would stay there dumb, not being able to say a word, but he's been so nice, he told us he walked to the venue from the city center because the weather was nice. He took a look at our banners, first the CoW one, so I took the chance and I stated I already knew that they were never going to play it, and he answered they tried it (but didn't tell when) but "it sounds shit" :laugh3::laugh3: I told him, well I don't want the whole song, I could go on with just a verse, and he replied they were probably trying it that day.

Then he saw the other banner, the one with "Long Live Coldplay and all their roadies (especially #42)" and said he really loved it.

I don't remember everything he said, it all went too fast, and he needed to get inside, I guess the last thing I asked was if he knew whether the others were already there, but he didn't.

02el3.jpg

At this point my friend started crying, I was hyper and couldn't stop smiling, so we stayed there to see if the other three were arriving.

It was getting late and some people were already arriving to get in the queues. We had to wait for our friends so we didn't move from the lucky gates, and two vans arrived, the first was a Mercedes one with black windows, we couldn't see anything inside but we showed our banners, on the second one, which was different, there was only one person, I looked better, he looked at me...and it was Phil, who read the banner and smiled and we waved each other, it was so strange :lol:

OMG denise so AWESOME :D

Isn't chris just THEBEST?! I love your pic with him you both look great, and he's like really hugging you TIGHT :nice:

I have to say I called it I said: if anyone could get CoW played it was you... and well you got pretty damn close! you've made us very proud

*patiently waits for the rest of the story *

01ye8.jpg

02el3.jpg

WOW

That is just awesome:stunned::stunned::stunned:

wish I could have been there

Thankies, yes he was real nice with us, and my friend made me remind that he was the one to ask us if we wanted to take a pic, I guess we were already too happy to have spoken with him that we didn't even think about that :laugh3::laugh3:

Well I think Tony's review about the show is perfect, so I will only talk about our walking from one side to the other of the tiers to get closer to c-stage. As I already said the security guy was nice enough to let us stay there when I told him we were just happy to stay where we were, that is, the end of the stairs they were running up to from the main stage.

And these are some pics

cstage01ab4.jpg

cstage02so0.jpg

cstage03mn5.jpg

cstage04kf7.jpg

Other pics from Lovers in Japan, they're just too beautiful not to be posted

loversrz1.jpg

lovers02op6.jpg

and this is especially for the berrylovers..thanks to the videowalls :lol:

graziemaxischermowj2.jpg

At the end of the concert we slowly proceeded to the exit, bought a blue t-shirt with butterflies and buttons. Then once outside we walked past the gates and took a look inside...and two vans were still there, of course we decided we had to wait there.

Most of the people had already left when I stared again through the thin chink in the gates...and I see Jonny standing beside the van, I turn to my friend "There's Jonny!!", look back again and sat in the van were Will, Guy and I think Chris as well. Jonny gets in and the gates open, so we prepare our banners and show them while they drive past us to the center (to go to U2's Xmas party :P).

And that's the end of day 2

My video of Life in Technicolor and Violet Hill

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0jK3-yIdfE]YouTube - Coldplay - Life in Technicolor + Violet Hill @ Dublin 22-12-2008[/ame]

My friend videos, she was right beside me :nice:

Jingle Bells (loving Guy raising his eyebrows at 00:05 :laugh3::laugh3:)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3QYS0l--Vo]YouTube - Coldplay - Jingle Bells - O2 Dublin 22.12.2008[/ame]

Lovers in Japan

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBIGN06Wi-E]YouTube - Coldplay - Lovers in Japan - O2 Dublin 22.12.2008[/ame]

Oh and The Hardest Part + Postcards From Far Away

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpyAij7XdHk]YouTube - Coldplay The Hardest Part and Postcards From Far Away@ O2, Dublin, 22-12-2008[/ame]