✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Confirmed Australian Tour: Feb/March 2009

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus.

I almost died of heart failure. Purchasing tickets online is definitely NOT fun! You get 'Timeouts', 'Log Outs', pages that won't load, you can't click, not allowed to have tickets waiting in your basket while you look for more (better ones).

Hehe, I actually got the shakes! :P

I am unbelievably happy, though -- I got exactly what I wanted; 3 x Gold Lower, Section 1, Row C -- so not too far from the front of the section... :D

StarsKay; Thanks! That'll help. :)

You guys that are going GA, can you please make comment on waiting periods, lines etc. -- I'd really appreciate it!

I'm waiting for the December 4th sale to get GA for the 2nd show. And then I'm almost certain that another show will be announced!

Jesus.

I almost died of heart failure. Purchasing tickets online is definitely NOT fun! You get 'Timeouts', 'Log Outs', pages that won't load, you can't click, not allowed to have tickets waiting in your basket while you look for more (better ones).

Hehe, I actually got the shakes! :P

I am unbelievably happy, though -- I got exactly what I wanted; 3 x Gold Lower, Section 1, Row C -- so not too far from the front of the section... :D

StarsKay; Thanks! That'll help. :)

You guys that are going GA, can you please make comment on waiting periods, lines etc. -- I'd really appreciate it!

It was 6am here when I woke up to purchase the tix. That's way too early for such an adrenaline rush :P

I got logged out at 6am exactly because there was too much traffic to the site! I was frantically fumbling to log in again, then my session timed-out when I was typing in my credit card number, so I lost my ticket.

Ow.

:D Got GA :dance:

In Brisbane the shows are on Sunday and Monday and nearly everyone prefers to go to the weekend show leaving Monday all open. I didn't want to go on Monday so ended up GA11 area which isn't too bad at all :D HOWEVER, anyone wanting to go to the Monday show, GA12 tickets are still available (though best to be quick lol).

Yeah I am still a little bit worried I got not-as-good-seats as I could have... Gold Sitting.. I am tempted to try standing room for the other show in melb when they go on sale on the 4th.. or I can just enjoy what I got!

And the presale was more for peace of mind, that I actually could get tix.

how fast did their concerts sell out on their last tour?

I was just wondering next thursday if im better off lining up at ticketek then doing it over the phone

I think it was like fifteen minutes or half an hour :uhoh: there was a story about it on the news too

how fast did their concerts sell out on their last tour?

I was just wondering next thursday if im better off lining up at ticketek then doing it over the phone

I don't know how fast they sold out last tour but I wouldn't try to get tickets over the internet or phone. Its too hard to get in and too many things can go wrong. The old fashioned way still works the best, at least your fate is in your own hands to a greater degree. If you care enough about getting tickets to get up exta early and get a good spot in the ticket line, you should be fine. Also, I usually try to find an outlet that is in the suburbs, its usually less busy than one in the CBD or an arena.

But in the end, the earlier you get there the better chance you have of getting tickets. Atleast there is a line.... there isn't one on the internet or phone, everyone starts from the same spot.

oh well..the pre sale was just 20minutes before my exam paper but still i was so determined to buy! so i bought them from my uni library! i logged in to ticketek at 8am haha.and kept on logging in back when my time was up..

and i even have a friend standing by at home just in case i didnt get to buy the ticket or if the internet is slow..turned out that it was just fine! when my ticket was confirmed i wanted to scream but it was in the library..

so i went to my exam with coldplay playing in my mind all the time..and when finally the paper was over i went out of the building and scream! haha sorry i'm rambling :P

so yeah i got the ticket that i wanted..ga standing and my other 4 friends are coming as well!

hoorah for that :D

Hehe, good for you, Zeya! Glad you got the tickets you wanted. :D

TwistedCLOCKS -- saw your post in the 'Aussies...bought ur ticket?' thread, and yeah, as well as the 1st show, I'm going to the concert on the 4th, too.

So, best way to buy tickets is to go and physically purchase them from an retailer?

Doing that would make me feel far more confident and secure regarding actually getting tickets, so I guess I'll see some of you lined up and waiting on December 4th -- I'll be the one first in line at the Chadstone Newsagent... :P

Yeah, well it was always my plan, but then the pre-sale...

I just really wanted to secure tickets for the 1st night, and I got tickets exactly where I wanted them, so I'm incredibly happy about that!

For March 4th, though, I was still clarifying all the details, and just decided I would go and physically buy my GA tickets. If I'm first in line (or close to), there will be no reason for me to miss out (that I can see -- I know it can happen, though).

And it'll also ease my mind a little, knowing that I'll have done my best to get crap/good/great/whichever tickets! ;)

(Forgot to add; even if it doesn't work out for people (me), eBay will be a god!)

:D:D:D