✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

27-Feb-2009: Burswood Dome, Perth, Australia - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to Philip Schofield (@Schofe), I have just found a way of searching Twitter for peeps tweets about the concert (only the public ones):

RootinBrand: Chris Martin - best front man I've seen in awhile! Coldplay were bleeding brilliant tonight.

sharkola: coldplay was amazing. SOB I WILL FIX YOU SOB.

nicolecorreia47: @coldplay OMG, you guys were FREAKING AMAZING tonight. Love, love LOVE YOU!!! Thanks for running into the crowd & singing near us too ;)

an9ie: Coldplay concert = mmmMMMMmmm. Now, if only Depeche Mode would come to Perth on their current tour, I would die a happy woman.

Jenny_p: As much as everyone loves to bag coldplay, they sure know how to put on a damn good show

davidtanth: Back from coldplay's perth tour. It was SO good!

jsmith189: @coldplay amazing show guys. hope you had a great time, and hope you have a great time tomorrow too :)

adrianlambert: Just been to see coldplay at the burswood dome. Not too shabby. They played a few duffers but the video show was worth it alone.

glenlewis: Coldplay rock. So authentic, engaging and just fun. Best concert this century!!

developit: on train home from @coldplay concert FANTASTIC !!! #coldplay i have tshirts & jacket (i know i'm a sucker)

antzpantz: Omg. So nervous. In the pit waiting for Coldplay. #m

Plus lots & lots & lots of suggestions to Phil to put aloe vera on his sunburn :lol:

Concert mini review.

Good Points

Excellent Crowd

Wooooahs during viva, after viva, before the encore, leaving the gig. Was magical.

The acoustic set in the crowd.

The screens at the side were fucking fantasticly clear.

Bad Points

Chris didn't interact with the crowd as much as he could have. But this is only a very very minor point.

Photos: Just fyi my camera is fairly decent (can shoot high qual vid and audio) and tomorrow I will be able to use flash coz I am right in front of the stage. So tonights photos won't be very good but should have some fairly decent ones tomorrow :).

Chris doesn't yap at the shows like he used to. Its all song after song now days. Don't use flash to shoot, just use the stage lights, your pics will look better.

Did Chris seem ok, because Gwyneth canceled on the Oscars because Moses is sick. Hope the little guy is doing better and Chris isn't all worried about him. :(

Thanks to Philip Schofield (@Schofe), I have just found a way of searching Twitter for peeps tweets about the concert (only the public ones):

RootinBrand: Chris Martin - best front man I've seen in awhile! Coldplay were bleeding brilliant tonight.

sharkola: coldplay was amazing. SOB I WILL FIX YOU SOB.

nicolecorreia47: @coldplay OMG, you guys were FREAKING AMAZING tonight. Love, love LOVE YOU!!! Thanks for running into the crowd & singing near us too ;)

an9ie: Coldplay concert = mmmMMMMmmm. Now, if only Depeche Mode would come to Perth on their current tour, I would die a happy woman.

Jenny_p: As much as everyone loves to bag coldplay, they sure know how to put on a damn good show

davidtanth: Back from coldplay's perth tour. It was SO good!

jsmith189: @coldplay amazing show guys. hope you had a great time, and hope you have a great time tomorrow too :)

adrianlambert: Just been to see coldplay at the burswood dome. Not too shabby. They played a few duffers but the video show was worth it alone.

glenlewis: Coldplay rock. So authentic, engaging and just fun. Best concert this century!!

developit: on train home from @coldplay concert FANTASTIC !!! #coldplay i have tshirts & jacket (i know i'm a sucker)

antzpantz: Omg. So nervous. In the pit waiting for Coldplay. #m

Plus lots & lots & lots of suggestions to Phil to put aloe vera on his sunburn :lol:

Cool!!! :cool:

Aww... coldplayers are concerned about Phil's sunburn :nice:

Don't use flash to shoot, just use the stage lights, your pics will look better.

Ah yeah it has different flash settings, last time at a concert the pics came out slightly better when I had it on the lowest flash. When you use flash up in the stands its horrific ay :lol:.

And Chris seemed a bit, not down, tired. He looked like he was a bit drained. Poor guy.

i love coming back home and foining a thread full of reviews :D

I saw yours earlier :) it just suprised me the number of people suggesting the same thing! in between the people telling him off for being stupid :angry:

well it ain't smart... it's australia for crying out loud :P and he's english! :lol:

Concert mini review.

Good Points

Excellent Crowd

Wooooahs during viva, after viva, before the encore, leaving the gig. Was magical.

The acoustic set in the crowd.

The screens at the side were fucking fantasticly clear.

Bad Points

Chris didn't interact with the crowd as much as he could have. But this is only a very very minor point.

Photos: Just fyi my camera is fairly decent (can shoot high qual vid and audio) and tomorrow I will be able to use flash coz I am right in front of the stage. So tonights photos won't be very good but should have some fairly decent ones tomorrow :).

Agree with most of what you say. But I thought the crowd was a bit average tonight, crowd was better at Twisted Logic Tour. The crowd were getting into the singing, but werent dancing as much, apart from the guy next to me who was headbanging half the night like he was at Metallica! I also thought Twisted Logic show was alot slicker than tonight. Was still a great show though. Heaps more balloons during Yellow than before, always love that moment.

I was in front of the right hand catwalk tonight, but didnt bother to take my camera. I like to take vid too, but from alot of previous gigs Ive discovered I hate standing down the front of concerts holding my arm up half the night.

Tomorrow nights gig I am gold seated, so will enjoy a different aspect of the show, and will take my camera and take some vid of the show. And hopefully its not as hot in there, but doubt that if its gonna be 35 tomorrow.

Will post full review after tomorrows show.

Chris doesn't yap at the shows like he used to. Its all song after song now days. Don't use flash to shoot, just use the stage lights, your pics will look better.

Did Chris seem ok, because Gwyneth canceled on the Oscars because Moses is sick. Hope the little guy is doing better and Chris isn't all worried about him. :(

Angie, Gwyneth has been in New York for the past few days so he must be doing okay if she's left him/he's been able to get on a plane :nice:

Angie, Gwyneth has been in New York for the past few days so he must be doing okay if she's left him/he's been able to get on a plane :nice:
I though she would have him in NYC with her. She did that benefit yesterday.

Although Paltrow had been invited to the Oscars, she was noticeably absent from the ceremony due to an "incredibly high fever" that struck her son, Moses, 2½. "I had to cancel at the last minute, which is horrible, but I couldn't leave him. There was no way. He was really not well. Obviously, he comes way before anything like that."

Poor Moses :sick2:

oh, and if we're getting a #42 entry tonight, I'll hazard a guess that it'll appear sometime around 20:00 GMT. that's when tonight's Six Nations match kicks off, and #42 has a habit of posting things after I sign off :lol:

Someone is playing games with me :D

Posted on coldplay.com at 20:10 GMT :angry:

The weather's sunny, and so is #42

Sunshine. God's own medicine...

Suddenly the whole world feels like a different place. Hardly surprising, I suppose, given the distance we've travelled. I'm sure we must have been somewhere sunny in our summer last year, but I absolutely cannot remember it. I expect we were rushing around working out how to make the gig work. Getting a second chance at a summer then, is an utter gift. Even seeing the light through the production office window and feeling the warm breeze changes my mood beyond measure. I have a feeling we're in for an excellent few weeks

I remember this place. It's called the Dome, although it looks more like a very large maggot from a distance. Its white maggotty roof is like a huge lilo supported purely by air pressure inside the venue. I'm sure there are other buildings in the world like this one, but I've not been in any of them. The downside of this particular structural system is that to open two doors at once in this air-pressure-supported building is asking for trouble. Getting around backstage involves a series of airlocks (I'm not making this up), to prevent hapless roadies from being cycloned off like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz (obviously kind of fitting, given the location). Even leaving one door ajar when opening another can leave you permanently maimed or at least short of a finger or two.

Airlock.jpg

Indeed, it seems the local staff have been at the mercy of this insane air-lock ritual for many years, but still get caught out. You can actually tell how long a person has worked here by the amount of damage they've sustained. The longest-standing employee is one Bruce "Stumpy" Smith. He's not missed a day in fourteen years. Finds it mighty tricky to keep his watch on though...

Just before the sun goes completely, I decide to go outside - for no other reason than to soak a little up. I bump into Phil as I go (although he's clearly had quite enough sun already...), then wander round the front of the building as the sun sinks and squeezes its last over the crowds coming in. The sounds are of laughter and the smells are a mixture of suncream, perfume and beer. You pretty much forget what going to a gig as a punter is like after a while and milling about with folks out the front has put a totally different slant on the day.

I wander in through the turnstiles and catch Mercury Rev finishing up. They're dreamy, majestic and an exceptionally good choice.

I'd better go readers, I actually feel almost chipper...

I shall leave you with a portrait of a couple of jetlagged mates.

JLag.jpg

Roadie #42

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=337

Retrieved from "http://wiki.coldplaying.com/index.php/Roadie_42_-_Blog_72_-_27th_February_2009"

Someone is playing games with me :D

Posted on coldplay.com at 20:10 GMT :angry:

The weather's sunny, and so is #42

Sunshine. God's own medicine...

Suddenly the whole world feels like a different place. Hardly surprising, I suppose, given the distance we've travelled. I'm sure we must have been somewhere sunny in our summer last year, but I absolutely cannot remember it. I expect we were rushing around working out how to make the gig work. Getting a second chance at a summer then, is an utter gift. Even seeing the light through the production office window and feeling the warm breeze changes my mood beyond measure. I have a feeling we're in for an excellent few weeks

I remember this place. It's called the Dome, although it looks more like a very large maggot from a distance. Its white maggotty roof is like a huge lilo supported purely by air pressure inside the venue. I'm sure there are other buildings in the world like this one, but I've not been in any of them. The downside of this particular structural system is that to open two doors at once in this air-pressure-supported building is asking for trouble. Getting around backstage involves a series of airlocks (I'm not making this up), to prevent hapless roadies from being cycloned off like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz (obviously kind of fitting, given the location). Even leaving one door ajar when opening another can leave you permanently maimed or at least short of a finger or two.

Airlock.jpg

Indeed, it seems the local staff have been at the mercy of this insane air-lock ritual for many years, but still get caught out. You can actually tell how long a person has worked here by the amount of damage they've sustained. The longest-standing employee is one Bruce "Stumpy" Smith. He's not missed a day in fourteen years. Finds it mighty tricky to keep his watch on though...

Just before the sun goes completely, I decide to go outside - for no other reason than to soak a little up. I bump into Phil as I go (although he's clearly had quite enough sun already...), then wander round the front of the building as the sun sinks and squeezes its last over the crowds coming in. The sounds are of laughter and the smells are a mixture of suncream, perfume and beer. You pretty much forget what going to a gig as a punter is like after a while and milling about with folks out the front has put a totally different slant on the day.

I wander in through the turnstiles and catch Mercury Rev finishing up. They're dreamy, majestic and an exceptionally good choice.

I'd better go readers, I actually feel almost chipper...

I shall leave you with a portrait of a couple of jetlagged mates.

JLag.jpg

Roadie #42

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=337

Retrieved from "http://wiki.coldplaying.com/index.php/Roadie_42_-_Blog_72_-_27th_February_2009"

Roadie 42 is on to you Jen:D