✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

19-Sep-2009: Wembley Stadium, London - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

Jenjie

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

London Tour

Good job boys enjoyed the gig last Saturday 19/9/09 despite the rain the band played on and when they came off the main stage even got the opp to see them close cor what a treat, but when i left Wembley and looking forward to me free CD was told that they had ran out, o no so not fair any idea on how i can get one?

Kays:cry:

my tiny clip of in my place:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy1OhSR1ByY]YouTube - Coldplay - In My Place - Wembley Stadium, London - 9/19/09[/ame]

i was afraid to keep my camera out for too long in the rain, but i just HAD to get some from IMP. the feeling in the front was euphoric, and the rain just made it better:heart:

Nice pics & videos folks...

I finally got some of my videos to the youtube (about 8 or something): http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRoyalV#play/uploads/7/TK0Ld9m9AA4

I hope that I'll have more time someday to edit something together from all of the clips... :cool:

:stunned: OMG but you were probably not far from me???!!!! Me and my friend were just before the butterlfy blower! There were two indian girls just behind us.

:stunned: OMG but you were probably not far from me???!!!! Me and my friend were just before the butterlfy blower! There were two indian girls just behind us.

I think you were right next to us... if you're the ones that my girlfriend talked about the piano solo before the concert?

Just too funny :laugh3:... out of 70,000 people!

Hiiii everybody!!!

I managed to look through at least some of the posts in this thread... so I'll start with that!

[...]down to the pitch standing where the secret and illicit ciggie-smoking took place :P
Hi Pete!!!

Your post made me smile sooo much, especially this ciggie-smoking part!

It was the same on Friday. I was so dyyyyying to smoke a cigartette! When you're not in the front, i.e. not distracted by something else it's just the worst.

On Friday I was walking around a lot before the concert and near C-stage I saw two people smoking and so I went up to those and joined them :D

And the funny thing was that all of a sudden more and more people came towards us to smoke together :lol:

Wasn't that good an idea as we were CLEARLY visible for the event security - it was one huge smoke cloud above us!

Was funny though to talk to all these people!

[...]We exchanged tickets with Anna and Perrine (thanks again).

9421_1118577252536_1470174915_30302886_3226448_n.jpg

Salut!

We all had advantages with that ticket swap, so huge thanks to you as well!!!

I love that GOW picture!!! Thanks a lot, those animations were so awesome.

MILLER MARRY MEEEE
I :heart: you!!!

:hug:

The funniest thing was the Australian girl right behind me who said "Could someone please get that guy down here???" while you were screaming! :lol:

I don't think you got any of that as you were busy screaming. :P

The whole "I give you 20 quid if you throw that apple to the back" conversation between the people behind me was soooooo hilarious!

So happy we had nice people around us!

Here are 3 vids of mine for people who were with me :)

Jay-Z

YouTube - Viva Wembley #01

Blue Danube + LiT (until I accidentally threw my camera on stage...)

YouTube - Viva Wembley #02

Lovers

YouTube - Viva Wembley #03

Damn you, you made me cry!!! I stopped the BlueDanube right before LiT starts 'cause I don;'t think I can handle it yet. Thanks so much for making those vids, I didn't even realize you were doing it, you captured some great moments!!!:nice:
I can't remember you taking videos as well, Camille!!!! :stunned:

But funny to see us (and have the possibility to see how silly I looked with my scarf wrapped around my head!)

My raincoat wasn't an option - the sound is so different when you wear a hood!

EVERYTHING was wet after a few seconds but it was just adding to the atmosphere! :)

And sorry Noelia for my screaming, I think your "You have a strong voice" comment wasn't really a compliment :lol:

check this out.....

Give me goosebumps to see that again....

Salut!!!

So good that we saw each other, it was short but sooooooo cool that we managed to meet!

I showed that IMP video to my mother, she was speechless... but so was I.

You don't really realise just HOW MANY people are behind you.

I was standing at the C-stage on Friday and even from there it didn't look like that many people!

my tiny clip of in my place:

YouTube - Coldplay - In My Place - Wembley Stadium, London - 9/19/09

i was afraid to keep my camera out for too long in the rain, but i just HAD to get some from IMP. the feeling in the front was euphoric, and the rain just made it better:heart:

Hi Darcy!

It was so great to see you on Sunday!

People kept telling me on Saturday that they saw you... and I didn't!

I love your video! Thanks!

Everyone else I didn't quote: Thanks for all the pics and videos, I didn't take any!!!

I saw Perrine taking loads though so I don't regret at all to have enjoyed the concert from beginning to end without worrying about focus, zoom et al.

What made this day special wasn't the concert itself I'd say, it was meeting people I only knew from their posts, melting in the sun, taking naps, standing with the people I wanted to see the concert with and countless other tiny bits that I'm too lazy to type out :P

Here are some pics:

IMG_1565.jpg

IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1574.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

White Lies:

IMG_1579.jpg

I enjoyed them sooooooo much!!! :dance:

It was great on Friday already, but they were even better on Saturday!

The fact that I had heard their songs the night before already just added to it.

"You've got blood on your haaaaaaaaands, and I know it's miiiiine, I just need more tiiiiime"

"LET'S GROW OLD TOGETHER..... AND DIE THE SAME TIME!!!"

"Farewell to the Faiiiiirgrounnnnnd"

I bought their CD on Sunday and listened to it sooo much already. Thanks Coldplay for choosing them as opening band! :heart:

IMG_1580.jpg

I love this pic!!!

Kimmi you're the best!! :hug:

Was so much fun to stand next to you!!!!!!

And I can't thank that crazy Girls Aloud fan enough for agreeing to swap places with me so I could stand with Kimmi, Carla, Chavi, Camille, Perrine and Noelia of course!! :hug:

It was YOU who made that night perfect.

As bad as Girls Aloud were - we had our fun during their set!

We made the same moves than they did on stage (Ok, maybe even a bit more exaggerated :D), tried to pretend for about 30 seconds to be really into it and then gave up etc.

One of their songs is really catchy though and if your mind plays tricks on you it's stuck in your head for hours!

I felt so bad for them... there were many fans on Friday but apart from crazy-girl-who-swapped-places-with-me I couldn't see one near us on Saturday!

IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_1586.jpg

I actually like that pic, the woman is fascinating :P

She belongs in a musical theatre production and not in that silly girl band IMO.

She has a great voice.

Even their microphones were hilarious!

IMG_1588.jpg

I only took that pic because it was funny to see that her dress was too tight :lol:

Frank didn't mind... obviously :laugh4:

IMG_1590.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

Crazy fan amongst bored people:

IMG_1593.jpg

After that we could see proof that the roadies were in a great mood as well:

IMG_1598.jpg

Next: Jay-Z!!!! :dance:

If someone would have told me that I'd enjoy this so much I would have called that person crazy.

BUT I DID!

He was great on Friday and he was awesome on Saturday!

BOUNCE! :lol:

I love "Empire State Of Mind" and I'll always think of you, Noelia and Steph, when I listen to it!!! :kiss:

IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_1612.jpg

IMG_1614.jpg

He's so good live!

Frank, I hope you weren't just joking and we'll go to one of his gigs together in the future!

Ok, this is where I stopped taking pics... Coldplay were next!! :dance:

For a few seconds I thought it would be just light rain... wow, it wasn't!!

We were all soaked even before they came on stage.

But like I said above (and I didn't intend to write a long review but obviously this is what it turned into) it just added to the amazing atmosphere.

No way we are going to move and protect ourselves from the rain when the boys come, we'll stay here and sing with you!

I love the bass... it just makes me happy.

Glass of Water was a highlight for me as always and I was soooo happy that the crowd was so into it.

Hearing all those people sing to the songs we all love so much was breathtaking.

It's impossible to find the right words.

I am one of those persons who don't easily cry. Or just don't...

But I don't know what happened during THP... I cried.

Combination of personal experiences, lack of sleep, awesome people around me and... whatever, it happened.

Next was VIVA however! :dance:

This was the only time that I experienced pushing at a CP concert. There was one wave of people pushing from behind but luckily it was just this one and then afterwards everything was back to normal.

I never seem to remember much from Lost! (Lost+ in this case) :lol:

It was great though.

I have these "screencaps" in my mind though!

And I remember that there was one guy behind me who knew EVERY word Jay-Z was saying!

When the drumstick flew to our little awesome group we all kind of formed a funnel, leaning back to increase the area where it can land!

Noelia, I'm so happy for you that you got it!!!!! :kiss:

What else? :thinking:

Oh right, I can't mention often enough just how awesome it is to be with coldplayers - you are the best people!!!

I could go to the front row during The Scientist until the end of the concert to hold up my banner!!!

Thank you so much, ladies! :kiss:

Chris even said thank you, so he saw it! :dance:

LIT ii is one of my many favourites, actually I think it comes second after all-time-favourite IMP and it was so great to hear this song again, my face was just one big smile.

Again, words cannot describe it.

After the concert I took some pics again :)

IMG_1620.jpg

You can't really see it, but everything was wet!

IMG_1623.jpg

Blurry, but I love it!

IMG_1628.jpg

Packages of LRLRL CDs... so at least at our gate there were enough!

I took a video while walking outside, a last look at the stadium, then walking outside to gate N were some of us have already arrived.

It's a great memory...

All those plans about going to a pub together after the concert were cancelled... all you wanted after the gig was a shower and dry clothes!!

Ok, so in the end this turned into a long post... I'm sorry!

I still didn't mention all those tiny nice moments that happened during the day.

Joe, I'll write about you in the Friday thread, this is just to warn you :lol: :hug:

Coldplay fans are one big family.

I love it.

(and now I'll post it before I start thinking about writing more or changing sentences :uhoh:)