✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

19-Sep-2009: Wembley Stadium, London - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

Jenjie

Great pics Anna!! Brought back memories. I like that you caught the atmosphere of the gig really well. :dance:

That pic of the GA girl is amazing with the light behind her!! I kinda agree she doesn't fit in with the others..... but she needed to do something about the length of her dress :wreck: ewwwww

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Salut!!!

So good that we saw each other, it was short but sooooooo cool that we managed to meet!

So good to see you too even if it was brief!!! And no handshake that time :lol:

Your pics are totally fab!!!

Oo... That's me and Kirsten... ;D

So cool!! World is small for coldplayers!! :D So your friend is Kirsten not Kristen! I didn't quit understand her name when she said it to me...

From my position @ the front row of C-stage.

Just minutes before Coldplay hit the stage...

Wembley11.jpg

Under my umbrella, ella, ella, ey, ey, ey...

Yellow balloons :wacko:

Wembley12.jpg

Wembley13.jpg

Wembley14.jpg

Wembley15.jpg

Wembley16.jpg

LiJ butterfly confetti and the backdrop of the Wembley roof

Wembley17.jpg

Thanks to Ian Mr Bossman and Joe for the company at the C-stage, and the members of ColdplayItalia too. You never know how fun it is to sing at the top of your voice in a massive downpour until you actually experience a concert like that :D

I'm singin' in the rain... Just singin' in the rain... What a glorious feeling, and I'm happy again...

Here's an attempt at writing a list of ''highlights'' (dunno why I can't really write a review this time, I guess it'd be too long and I would forget too many things).

Arriving in London

- Arriving at Wembley (being quite sad and moody) with my luggages at 3pm on Friday and feeling already better after few seconds with Coldplayers.

- ''- Is that Ian ? - yes that's him - wowww''

- Going to gate H&J with Chavi to film Coldplayers running... oops sorry, I mean, walking quickly :D

- Stealing some announcement papers concerning the fact the show was filmed

- Going to the hotel with C&C to rest a bit, dancing on Madonna, (throwing up after dancing on Madonna), rolling on the floor, being crazy, coughing together, singing Britney Spears...etc and getting ready to leave to the stadium for an all nighter

Friday evening and night outside the stadium

- the atmosphere when the 3 of us started to queue before the beginning of the first gig

- seeing all those couple arguing before the gig and helping a guy to find his crying wife

- dancing, singing and enjoying the gig from outside the stadium during the first songs

- Policemen making sure ''everything's alright'' : they actually thought we were there only to enjoy a free concert but they ended up making sure we were ready enough for the night, lovely !

- First roadie coming to give each of us a LRLRL

- In my place : we started doing what the guys were doing inside the stadium, Carla was Guy, Chavi was Chris and I played Jonny. Some roadies passed by and I explained I was Jonny, then Chavi ran to jump on my shoulders ahaha... awesomeness !

- Second roadie (Dave) coming to give the 3 of us a second LRLRL

- A guy we helped (showing him where the box office was) coming back to give one of us a FREE ticket for the Friday gig... Brotherhood ? None of us decided go on her own and we just kept the unused ticket

- Hearing the crowd singing Yellow and Fix You

- Woman working at the Wembley box office asking us if we were joking when saying we were queuing for the next gig and then making sure we were at the right gate

- Asking people who were leaving early to give us their tickets (which some of them did !) as souvenirs

- Starting to help Dave giving away some LRLRL just for fun after VLV

- Getting serious and now working for Coldplay for real :D , having fun trying to give away more CDs than the Wembley crew, enjoying this awesome experience

- Meeting some Coldplayers after the first show

- Being offered a sandwich and some tea around midnight by a Wembley security guy

- Being offered some tea again during the night by Dave

(Can you believe how everyone was SO lovely ?)

- Trying to turn off the street lights by putting some LRLRL cartons in front of them (I know I sometimes have awesome ideas ahaha)

- Coughing the whole night without sleeping

- Being saved by Noelia and Denise at morning, which enabled us to go to the hotel to take a shower and (try to) sleep a bit

Saturday's queue

- Fighting ourselves to go back in the queue at 9am (was hard to leave the comfy hotel)

- Queuing at the box office, discovering we actually spent a whole night outside at the wrong gate, crying stupidly, being saved by Min who so kindly exchanged her tix with ours :hug: (btw Mark, thank you for running everywhere for us)

- Going back to the M&N queue, discovering lotsa Coldplayers joined us, trying to rest a bit although the weather was now way too hot for me

- Chavi and Cooky coming back from the hotel with my red rose for Miller <3

Inside Wembley

- Being ultra quick when running down the Wembley stairs :cool: (however, as I never pay attention to the direction I'm running in, I ran to the left side whereas we said we would go to the right, I thus had to leave the barrier I reached to join Chavi, Denise and Carla which made me ending up second row with Cooky and Mark)

- Laughing at the crazy GA fan whose body was shaking of excitement before the WL

- Seeing my future husband (R#42) climbing up the stage structure to set up a camera (sad I had no voice to catch his attention though, but Cooky helped me a lot)

- Jumping and enjoying the WL with Cooky, clapping hands together (one of my hand was busy holding my Miller red rose so I was clapping her left hand with my right hand ahah)

- Laughing at the GA (we're so mean girls)

- Anna enjoying GA (shhhhush, don't deny it, I've got a the proof on video)

- Cooky killing my red rose (and me threatening her not to help her obtaining a Will drumstick XD)

- Matt (projectionist, most friendly roadie ever) seeing my ban and letting me know he'll come back to take a pic of it

- not being able to enjoy Jay-Z that much because of my cough

- ROADIE TIME (now people should know that's one of the my fav moments ahah), Miller climbing up again (but I don't think he saw my banner), Min pretending Miller wasn't here (''- come on I saw him climbing up there - that's not him - liar'')

- Matt coming back to take a picture, Brook chatting with us at the same time (promising he'll give my R#42 banner to the man and putting the rose ''IN'' my tee-shirt saying ''he already has a girlfriend'' BUHUHUHU :D), Matt coming down to sign the ban I made for him and to give Denise a guitar pick before realising he didn't have any for me

- Thanking Matt for everything when he left us

- Matt looking for me few minutes before the beginning of the gig, asking for more pictures ''cause my friends are NEVER going to believe me'', signing the ban with a better marker (had to throw the ban away at the end of the gig - because of the rain - but I kept the piece he signed :) ) and giving me 3 guitar picks ! He's so f*cking lovely, I tell ya !

- Miller setting other cameras on the left side of the stage

- Suddenly raining like cats and dogs on Jay-Z's Give it 2 me

- Going crazy under the rain

- Throwing accidentally my camera toward the stage at the begining of LiT

- The guys being all smiley and happy

- Enjoying the show for the last time

- The return of Chris Bra-tin :D

(- Chris taking off his shirt again)... I didn't write that :D

- Obtaining Will's drumstick for Cooky (yes, that was a collective work ahah)

- Last eye contacts with Chris

- A roadie (I'm pretty sure it was Dave) throwing butterflies over our heads after Lovers

- Chris saying ''Thank You'' to Anna after reading her ban !

- Last minutes... LiTii, jumping with Carla's hand in mine (sorry I kept on jumping ahah)

- The nice security guy who spent 5 min looking for my flag and signed banner under the thick carpet of butterflies at the end of the gig

- ''Another lovely roadie'' (hehe...) coming to me to gimme a setlist whereas I didn't ask for anything, this man rocks as well !

After the gig

- MEETING COLDPLAYERS, final picture, giving the big boss a guitar pick and some LRLRL

- Crazy McDonald time at 1am (apologies for being ultra tired guys, you know I hadn't slept for quite a long time)

- Meeting Coldplayers

- Meeting Coldplayers

- Meeting Coldplayers

dsc04260.jpg

Will never forget it, I love Coldplay, I love Coldplayers and... I love Roadies :D

:)

( reminder : my 3 vids are here )

Sorry about the spamming, but I'm new on the forum and just testing the on site Youtube linking...

Hoping that this works... if not would somebody give me a hand with this ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEfRcBLwuHE&feature=PlayList&p=53FCEABB45A79E7D]YouTube - Coldplay @ Wembley[/ame]

Edit: it worked... yeppieayee!

JereV: I totally forgot..welcome to Coldplaying! watch out for the reindeer jokes since you're a finn! :P where in finland are you from? (sorry offtopic)

And Liam: some people sat down, some didn't..I didn't because I was front row and didn't wanna lose my spot (you never know :P) but the people next to me were sitting (Chelsea & Darcy for example) every now and then :) It wasn't very tight there tho! If you compare to where I first saw them..it was tighter at like halfway down the field then it was now at the front! It was nice :)

JohkuJiii: Jyväskylä. I will now stay in english for the sake of other people... I'm prepared for the reindeers, but what if some polarbeers is sitting in my living room? Mutta hauska tavata :cool:

Liam: Yeah, I was along the standing ones, and not to be jealous, but in our section every now and then people tried to get their hands on the fences and pull their way on the front row...

I love these pics! C stage crew rules :D

From my position @ the front row of C-stage.

Just minutes before Coldplay hit the stage...

Wembley11.jpg

Under my umbrella, ella, ella, ey, ey, ey...

Yellow balloons :wacko:

Wembley12.jpg

Wembley13.jpg

Wembley14.jpg

Wembley15.jpg

Wembley16.jpg

LiJ butterfly confetti and the backdrop of the Wembley roof

Wembley17.jpg

Thanks to Ian Mr Bossman and Joe for the company at the C-stage, and the members of ColdplayItalia too. You never know how fun it is to sing at the top of your voice in a massive downpour until you actually experience a concert like that :D

I'm singin' in the rain... Just singin' in the rain... What a glorious feeling, and I'm happy again...

Phewwwww I finally did it, catching up with all the pages that was crazy !!

img0079dm.jpg

MUHAHAHA I'm sorry I think I ruined your pic :D

This is the only hug pic I got, for those asking

grouphug.jpg

unfortunately I didn't catch when Phil arrived, but it was great seeing them all so happy :nice:

Aww this one's so cute ! Thanks Denise !

Here are 3 vids of mine for people who were with me :)

Jay-Z

YouTube - Viva Wembley #01

Blue Danube + LiT (until I accidentally threw my camera on stage...)

YouTube - Viva Wembley #02

Lovers

YouTube - Viva Wembley #03

Haaa same I didn't see you filming either :stunned: Oh gosh you didn't miss me XD

I have some nice vids of you all as well :sneaky:

Damn you, you made me cry!!! I stopped the BlueDanube right before LiT starts 'cause I don;'t think I can handle it yet. Thanks so much for making those vids, I didn't even realize you were doing it, you captured some great moments!!!:nice:

Damn it, I cry each time LiT starts now, so I kinda understand you :hug:

gorgeous, gorgeous back:stunned:

i got a sort of sketchy photo of it..

P9190198.jpg

sorry its so dark:shame:

:stunned:... SQUEEEE thanks Darcy !! I was too busy staring so I didn't take any picture :D

here's an ok video i took of the end of lost+.. sorry its so shaky.

wait for the adorable guy moment:wacky:

YouTube - Coldplay with Jay-Z during Lost+ - Wembley Stadium, London - 9/19/09

Awww that Chris/Jay-Z hug was so cute, and the Guy/Jay-Z even more ! :wacky:

Hey you all! Does anyone have a good pic of the whole stadium view with all the people? I can't find in here... there are so many! Anyone?

I have good ones from the back, I'll show you soon ! :nice:

Hiiii everybody!!![/size][/b]

Coldplay fans are one big family.

I love it. IMG_1580.jpg

That was brilliant love !! All your pics are so awesome, and this one is great as well ! :blush:

And +100000 to everything you said about Coldplayers :heart:

Saturday was the better of the two nights IMO. The crowd was up for it! Rain, who cares. Bring it on because everyone was there to party.

After breakfast we all stashed our junk in Chris' room at the hotel and went to queue. Can I just say how frickin awesome Chris was this whole weekend. He was running about and doing stuff for us all the time. Such a sweetie. :kiss: Mich had to get to tickets, so we all split up agian til we could find out our gate. I was worried because our gate ended up being about as far from Jonny as we could get, but the crew running our gate was top notch and we got in really fast, ran....sorry we walked fast :P....to the front row in front of Jonny. Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

White Lies played a nice set again. He's still pretty. :D

Girls Aloud..........why me. I developed special ear muffs made from 2 water glasses, but still it could not be blocked out. :sick:

Jay Z was kick ass! Had the whole place bouncing. Chris is practally part of his possy and got shout outs both nights. :lol: Our side had to be "Jigga whos" and everyone knows the jigga whos always suck. :\

Then comes the Coldplay and the rain. I had brought a poncho, so no worries but when Jonny ran out in it with his guitar I was afraid he would get electrocuted! :stunned: It didn't last too long and cooled down the crowd, so it was kind nice. So many great moments. The multiple chants of "Jonny" we got going. The echo of the crowd singing Trouble. I really hope this comes out as a DVD. Security was much better on second night and we got water when we asked.

pics

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0726.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0760.jpgIMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

LondonSept2009082.jpg

LondonSept2009094.jpg

LondonSept2009100.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

videos

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrdIiaVFQW8]YouTube - Strawberry Swing[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJQasJJslhY]YouTube - Lost with JayZ[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-38IDTrzrLo]YouTube - DAAHF[/ame]

What was GA's set list, out of curiosity?

No idea but it was too long :dozey: I remember they did a cover of 'I'll stand by you'...I think the Pretenders would have killed themselves if they have heard it...

And they sang 'sound of the underground' (?)....For the rest, I was half in a musical coma, so don't remember anything except I wanted it to end! :laugh3: