✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

27-Aug-2009: Esprit Arena, Düsseldorf, Ger - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was such a fucking amazing day for me!!!

The concert was great, I was front row, I met another nice Coldplayers and the best for me - I have Chris shirt!!! OMG, I have his shirt! Phil came to me during the show and gave me the shirt. He said, "It's from Chris for you". At the moment I'm the happiest woman in the world.

And I swear, this shirt you'll never found at ebay ;)

Now I wait for my train and tomorrow ............. Coldplay in Munich :)

wow! awesome :D haha, I guess you won't wash it :lol:

Concert in Düsseldorf 27 August 2009

set list ? ^^

SETLIST 28 August 2009 in Düsseldorf, Germany

(based on reviews from Coldplayers on this thread saying the same setlist as in Hannover with one exception: Till Kingdom Come (sung by Chris) replaced Green Eyes)

Life in Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Yellow

Glass of Water

Cemeteries of London

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face / Talk

The Hardest Part / Postcards From Far Away

Viva La Vida

Lost!

Til Kingdome Come (sung by Chris)

Death Will Never Conquer (sung by Will)

Billie Jean

Viva La Vida (remix)

Politik

Lovers in Japan

Death And All His Friends

ENCORE :

The Scientist

Life in Technicolor II

Outro: The Escapist

I'm back from Düsseldorf! :D

I'm too exhausted to write a review right now, but the journey to Düsseldorf and back took ages. Lots of road works here and there thanks to the economic stimulus package. :wacky:

All I can say is that I managed to get front row thanks to the other coldplayers I met and a good shape haha. :) I had a very nice time and one of us got a lot of presents from the roadies afterwards. :D Chris mentioned at the end of the concert that everyone backstage said it was one of the best gigs they've ever done. :D It definitely was!

More to follow... good night!

PS: Schade Julia, dass ich dich nich getroffen habe. :( Hab dich aber am Gate gesehen, da warst du ganz weit vorne oder?

Ja ich war ganz vorne am Gate...nachher im Stadion dann ganz vorne am linken Steg.....;)

Hat mich ein bisschen gewundert, dass ich dich gar nicht gesehen habe, wann warst du denn da?

@Sparks22: Ahhh sorry ich bin gestern relativ schnell wieder offline gegangen...muss nämlich gleich arbeiten...:sick:

SETLIST 28 August 2009 in Düsseldorf, Germany

(based on reviews from Coldplayers on this thread saying the same setlist as in Hannover with one exception: Till Kingdom Come (sung by Chris) replaced Green Eyes

Life in Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Yellow

Glass of Water

Cemeteries of London

Fix You

Strawberry Swing

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face / Talk

The Hardest Part / Postcards From Far Away

Viva La Vida

Lost!

Til Kingdome Come (sung by Chris)

Death Will Never Conquer (sung by Will)

Billie Jean

Viva La Vida (remix)

Politik

Lovers in Japan

Death And All His Friends

ENCORE :

The Scientist

Life in Technicolor II

Outro: The Escapist

Edit / Correction: The correct concert date is of course: 27 August 2009. :)

Düsseldorf concert 27 August 2009

I understand that Chris knew several long sentences in German - do any of you German Coldplayers present at the concert remember what he said in German?

I also understand that Chris' voice was tiptop :) and that the show was amazing. :) Glad that you had a good time! :)

I understand that Chris knew several long sentences in German - do any of you German Coldplayers present at the concert remember what he said in German?

I also understand that Chris' voice was tiptop :) and that the show was amazing. :) Glad that you had a good time! :)

Haha, he spoke a lot more German in Düsseldorf than he did in Hannover. He often said "Hallo, wie geht's meine Freunde" (Hello, how's it going my friends) and he talked a lot in German when he tried to do the Mexican mobile phone wave. Sadly he didn't tell the audience from where the wave should have started. So everyone was a bit confused lol. But I really liked listening to his German, although he did some mistakes. But it's a difficult language. :D

Oh btw, shortly before the show, they removed the curtain which fell down onto the band in Hannover while they started to play Violet Hill on Tuesday. I guess they were afraid lol.

Ja ich war ganz vorne am Gate...nachher im Stadion dann ganz vorne am linken Steg.....;)

Hat mich ein bisschen gewundert, dass ich dich gar nicht gesehen habe, wann warst du denn da?

@Sparks22: Ahhh sorry ich bin gestern relativ schnell wieder offline gegangen...muss nämlich gleich arbeiten...:sick:

Hehe, am Gate hab ich dich noch gesehen. War leider erst ca. 15:30 Uhr in Düsseldorf, weil ich noch bei Oberhausen im Stau stand. Da war es dann schon etwas voller a den Eingängen. Hab ein paar mal sogar deinen Namen gerufen, aber du hast mich nicht gehört glaub ich. :P Im Stadion selbst habe ich dich dann leider nicht mehr gesehen. Ich war ganz vorne an der Bühne, etwas weiter links. Dann hätte man sich eigentlich sehen müssen. :lol: Naja schade! Aber hoffe du hattest auch so eine tolle Zeit wie ich. :)

Haha, he spoke a lot more German in Düsseldorf than he did in Hannover. He often said "Hallo, wie geht's meine Freunde" (Hello, how's it going my friends) and he talked a lot in German when he tried to do the Mexican mobile phone wave. Sadly he didn't tell the audience from where the wave should have started. So everyone was a bit confused lol. But I really liked listening to his German, although he did some mistakes. But it's a difficult language. :D

Oh btw, shortly before the show, they removed the curtain which fell down onto the band in Hannover while they started to play Violet Hill on Tuesday. I guess they were afraid lol.

Hehe, am Gate hab ich dich noch gesehen. War leider erst ca. 15:30 Uhr in Düsseldorf, weil ich noch bei Oberhausen im Stau stand. Da war es dann schon etwas voller a den Eingängen. Hab ein paar mal sogar deinen Namen gerufen, aber du hast mich nicht gehört glaub ich. :P Im Stadion selbst habe ich dich dann leider nicht mehr gesehen. Ich war ganz vorne an der Bühne, etwas weiter links. Dann hätte man sich eigentlich sehen müssen. :lol: Naja schade! Aber hoffe du hattest auch so eine tolle Zeit wie ich. :)

1530 am Stadion...Du musst ja ganz schoen schnell dann gewesen sein.

P. :)

Ich war auch vorne. Aber sagt mal... gute Show hin oder her, ihr könnt mir nicht sagen, dass der Bass nicht völlig überdreht war. Der hat alles übertönt, langsame Songs wurden versaut und der Refrain von Politik bestand nur aus Bass und Chris.

Ansonsten wars gut, keine Frage. Am besten war Chris als er die Handys forderte... yes, YES, no, no, oh jesus :D

OMG So guys I'm sorry that I didn't write anything yesterday, but I was just too tired. I arrived at 1 am at home and then I was so exhausted that I just fell onto my bed. :D

OK! IT WAS FUCKING INCREDIBLE!!!

Even if I think that the whole adience were not as good as in Cologne last year. I stood at the front with Mark, Phil, Nicole, katjaand a lot more. Because of that this the atmosphere was actually ok around me. Next to Thalia and me stood an older woman with whom we talked and who also had a lot of fun. She was excited like we were and she also sang along with almost every song. :)

The first thing was that when we started to go to Düsseldorf we lost our way on the highway and suddenly we were through Düsseldorf, but fortuneately we found the right way back an arrived at about 2.45 pm.

Then we went to the entrance and there were already a lot of people. Not very much, but we couldn't really go to the front, but Nicole was there and she told us that the others were at the North-West entrance, so we went there and found them. I guess at this entrance there were only about 15 people at this time and we stood in the front of the gates.

When the security people came I really got excited. I think we all did AND I when they let us in I could see that Mark really does marathon because he is really fast. :lol: Thalia and I tried to keep up with them but we just couldn't. At the end we found them again in front of the stage. Two yellow wembley t-shirts which means that there were Mark and Phil.

A good thing is that we didn't get bracelets to get into the golden circle. We just had to get some if we wanted to get out of it to buy something to drink or anything. (they were orange ;) )

So and then started the long time of waiting for the kilians and the howling bells. A lot people sat down, but because we could talk a lot the time passed by quite fast.

My personal opinion is that the kilians were quite ok. There music was nice, but I didn't really like the howling bells. I don't know. But it was quite sad that not many people applauded. I guess it was also because the arena wasn't full at the time. Most people with seat tickets just arrived shortly before Coldplay started.

Oh and when the Howling bells finished playing, Thalia and I were looking for the roadies and after some time. Phil also came with a camera on the stage. We called him all together and he saw us and grined.

Best Coldplay concert I've been to so far, for a number of reasons.

Great to be able to "stand" again after the huge disappointment of the all-seater 02 concerts in December.

I had already arranged to meet Phil (r25d01) and as I had been to the venue before (for The Police last year) I already knew where I could park "for free" about a ten-minute walk away.

The weather was fantastic (sunny with a mainly blue sky), but not too hot, so ideal for queuing.

When we arrived there were only a handful of people there in either queue, and we had more than enough snacks with us to keep us going.

It was hours before anyone else showed up at our entrance, and the queue didn't really start to form until about an hour before the gig, which I was pretty surprised about.

We all know that's not going to happen at Wembley.;)

The queuing organisation was a shambles, however, as just minutes before we were allowed in the security decided to close off three of the lanes (including ours), so all of us at the front of these lanes then had to squeeze into the front of the adjoining lanes (assisted by the goodwill of the people in those lanes).

Then when the gates finally opened, we found some of the security (including our guy) to be especially difficult, which cost us precious seconds.

And as if that wasn't enough of a pain, after enduring the long sprint to get inside, it was clear that the other entrance had been opened at least a minute or two before ours, putting us at a great disadvantage.:angry:

Nearly all the front places had already been taken, and there were even people who were already sitting down, indicating they had already been there a minute or so at least.

However, despite all these issues, we still managed to secure a front place between us, directly in front of Jonny, so there was ultimately no harm done.:D

The fantastic thing was that several of us Coldplayers (including Twisted Mind, Dark_Sofie, Echolot, Katja and AniSkywalker) all ended up together, which helped create a fantastic atmosphere, something which was sadly impossible at the 02.

The difference was that although there were still some motionless "zombies" near us, we were able to compensate for them with our collective energy.:D

This definitely bodes well for Wembley.;)

The Esprit Arena is an impressive venue, and the fact the roof was open (it was closed for The Police concert) and you could see the stars, added an extra dimension.

As for the concert itself, I thought the Kilians were pretty good, but the Howling Bells a bit "depressing". I felt it would have been better for the Kilians to have been on second, as their sound was far more "upbeat".

Still far better than what we had in either Cologne or at the 02 though.;)

Pity there were no real surprises in the Coldplay setlist, but nevertheless the boys were on cracking form and I had a fantastic time, helped in no small way by our Coldplaying "collective".

It seems that Chris really meant it when he said the crowd was "one of the best ever".

Yellow balls and butterflies excellent again. "Lovers In Japan" superb as always. "The Scientist" and "Politik" also stood out for me.

As always the time flew by and it was all over way too fast.

Managed to get my CD afterwards, although it was necessary to get in a "scrum" to do so!

Phil was interviewed by EinsLive as he came out, so if anyone comes across a link to that, they should post it!!:P

I felt really tired afterwards as it had been a long day (though not as long as it had been for some others :stunned:), but thankfully I didn't have to endure the car park chaos and was able to make a quick getaway.

Now all I can say is - roll on Wembley! More of the same, please!!:D

Oh and by the way while we were waiting the whole time for the bands they played good music in the background. Ulrich Schnauss, John Hopkins, Sigur Ros...

It was great and of course it was amazing when Coldplay came on stage. It was already dark at that time. Before the concert I was a bit worried that it could still be bright because of the open air.

So, what else can I say. It was great and funny when Chris said "oh jesus" because the mobile wave didn't work. All the Germans were confused where to start so it ended up a lot were just holding there mobiles up in the air.

Unfortunately I couldn't see Coldplay when they played gpasuyf, dwnc and so on because I'm too small.

All in all it was fantastic but ended too fast.

OMG So guys I'm sorry that I didn't write anything yesterday, but I was just too tired. I arrived at 1 am at home and then I was so exhausted that I just fell onto my bed. :D

Same here! Almost identical!:P

In fact, I was too tired to even make myself a mug of tea, which is amazing for me!!:P

I've made up for it this morning, though!:D

OK! IT WAS FUCKING INCREDIBLE!!!

Even if I think that the whole adience were not as good as in Cologne last year. I stood at the front with Mark, Phil, Nicole, katjaand a lot more. Because of that this the atmosphere was actually ok around me.

Yes, as I said, that made a big difference for me!:D

when they let us in I could see that Mark really does marathon because he is really fast. :lol: Thalia and I tried to keep up with them but we just couldn't.

It definitely helps, although it still can't compensate for other entrances being opened ealier. They really need to co-ordinate things better.:angry:

At the end we found them again in front of the stage. Two yellow wembley t-shirts which means that there were Mark and Phil.

Yes, I'm glad we wore those!:D

A good thing is that we didn't get bracelets to get into the golden circle. We just had to get some if we wanted to get out of it to buy something to drink or anything. (they were orange ;) )

And the Coldplay cups are good (cheap) souvenirs!!:D

My personal opinion is that the kilians were quite ok. There music was nice, but I didn't really like the howling bells.

I totally agree. For once the German support was the best one!;)

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell.

mc_scared mentioned it.

Thalia and also got a lrlrl cd, but because there were so many people and we didn't know on which side we could get it faster, my mother also got two cd's for us so now both uf us have two :D

And the parking was horrible. When we got back to our car we stood almost 15 minutes without moving the car from where I had parked. The people with the orange jackets whowere supposed to manage the traffic there were sitting inside a small building. I guess they were drinking coffee or talking or both. I don't know. It was good to hear that a lot of people listened to lrlrl in their cars with opened windows. And there was a chorus of horns while we were waiting to leave the car-park.

I met a girl from my school there who was there with her boy-friend and she also liked the concert. Two more from my school were also there. They didn't have tickets, but they still got some from people selling their tickets outside for 35€. I don't know exactly where they were and f theyhad seat orstanding tickets.

oh, :( and in one hour I have to go back to school. But it is very advantageous to have three free periods. :D

AniArt083.jpg

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Sorry for this but I'm still soooooooooooooo happy!!!

Nooooooooooo! Never :D It comes under glass ;)

Congrats on getting your "prize". I was glad I was able to witness it and Chris acknowledging your "banner" before you got it.;)

And the parking was horrible. When we got back to our car we stood almost 15 minutes without moving the car from where I had parked.

That's why I never park in venue car parks, especially after my awful experience at a Robbie Williams concert a few years ago!

I'd much rather walk a kilometre or two!;)

Yes, as I said, that made a big difference for me!:D

Oh now I can't wait any longer for Wembley. We're about 113 from coldplaying and if we really manage it to stay together in the front it will be incredible awesome!!!!!

It definitely helps, although it still can't compensate for other entrances being opened ealier. They really need to co-ordinate things better.:angry:

:confused: yeah this didn't work very well. It's just unfair, because everyone should have the same chance to get to the front. doesn't matter which entrance you come from. And we definitley would had made the really first row in the middle if the gates had opened the same time because there weren't so many running in the areas where no one looked if someone did it.

My mother told me that when the people behind us saw that we were running they were grumbling. :laugh4:

Yes, I'm glad we wore those!:D

I'll be so happy to be together with the yellow army in Wembley.

And the Coldplay cups are good (cheap) souvenirs!!:D

We also kept them. XD