✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

27-Aug-2009: Esprit Arena, Düsseldorf, Ger - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't even say "Laola Welle"...he said "Lola Welle" which was the cutest thing...:blush:

You can tell this t-shirt story to your grand-children - wow that must be one of the highlights in your life, am I right?

And so great that he pulled it of before the show's end :wink3: .....typical for Chris...

Yep "Lola-Welle" was the cutest thing ever - that's why it's in my signature...

Habt ihr schon gesehn, dass noch neue Fotos vom Live-Blog im Netz sind??? Am besten gefällt mir der letzte Satz !!!! :

By the way, on the way home, Chris was saying that it was one of his favourite Coldplay shows ever. Good work Dusseldorf!

:)

Habt ihr schon gesehn, dass noch neue Fotos vom Live-Blog im Netz sind??? Am besten gefällt mir der letzte Satz !!!! :

By the way, on the way home, Chris was saying that it was one of his favourite Coldplay shows ever. Good work Dusseldorf!

Where have you been since 2005??:stunned:

Das ist wirklich toll - immerhin war vorne wenigstens eine super Stimmung, leider ist die nicht bis ganz hinten durchgedrungen - aber auch egal, ist trotzdem einer der tollsten Abende gewesen, die ich je hatte...auch super, dass wir uns hier austauschen können...sowas gab es früher ja noch nicht!

You can tell this t-shirt story to your grand-children - wow that must be one of the highlights in your life, am I right?

And so great that he pulled it of before the show's end :wink3: .....typical for Chris...

Oh yes, this was one of the best days of my life!!!

Today I run through the area as if hypnotized, and still can not believe it.

Das ist wirklich toll - immerhin war vorne wenigstens eine super Stimmung, leider ist die nicht bis ganz hinten durchgedrungen - aber auch egal, ist trotzdem einer der tollsten Abende gewesen, die ich je hatte...auch super, dass wir uns hier austauschen können...sowas gab es früher ja noch nicht!

haha ja das mit dem Austauschen ist wohl wahr....schreibt mir eben einer im studvz "Hey ich stand gestern rechts neben dir"...:wacky:

ahh there is something coming to my mind right now....so random haha....but the singe rof the Kilians told us that his first concert was Coldplay in Düsseldorf 6 years ago and that he really hated the support acts for being there...haha...:wacky:

I know what he was talking about. Only Goldfrapp (Oberhausen 2005) was able to be even worse than that!

Okay, here is a short review how I got Chris' shirt. Months ago I joked with TickingClock about a banner for my concerts.We had stupid ideas like "Chocolate or bondage?" and such things ...

Finally, I ordered a banner on the Internet with "Chris, please let's make a deal - you give me your shirt and I give you some chocolate?!"

I didn't really believe that he would give me his shirt, but I found the text well and "If you never try you'll never know"

Yesterday I managed to exist in the first row and stood next to Chris Piano.

And as he sat down and began to play"Clocks", I held up my banner. He saw it, stopped short, read it again, looked at me and nodded briefly.

I thought "Okay, he has seen it and now?"

At the end of the concert, when all four guys came forward, I held it up again. Chris looked at me again and nodded again.

The guys then came back to play the encore and I saw Chris was wearing no shirt under his jacket (the jacket was buttoned).

Chris sat down at the piano and told about LRLRL and suddenly I saw Phil running at me. He held something in his hand, remained in front of me and said, "That's from Chris for you" and gave me the shirt.

I must have looked stunned at the moment. I said to Phil "OMG, thank you and that's for Chris," and quickly gave him the chocolate.

I held the shirt pressed close to me. The band began to play, and Chris looked at me again to see if I got the shirt. I beamed at him and screamed as loud as I could, "Thank You!" He grinned at me and sorry, at least since the moment I was definitely dead...

Oh, that's so awesome, Nicky!! I'm so happy for you! :wacky:

And what a sweetheart Chris is... apparently, Chocolate really is the way to his heart! :wacky: (or at least it's key in getting him to undress!! :sneaky:)

Düsseldorf enchanted by Coldplay

By TIMO BAKENFELDER - updated on 28.08.2009 at 11:25am - translated by Nancy Boysen.

Düsseldorf (RPO) At present there are very few rock bands with so numerous and different fans as Coldplay. Whether he or she is a schoolchild or an old rocker, whether she is a housewife or a student - who left the "Esprit Arena" after the Coldplay concert this Thursday evening had the same enthusiastic / euphoric look upon his or her face. Enchanted by Coldplay.

Many fans had also travelled far in order to see and hear the band around leadsinger Chris Martin "live" for the first, second or more times. Chantalle and Mariette travelled to the concert from Luxemburg, Björn and Nadine from Meschede, Natalie and Daniel from Bad Homburg. Like almost everybody else they found the long travel worth while.

"The versatility of the band is beyond description", Joachim Richter from Brilon in Sauerland says very enthusiastically and continues: "The variety of the songs, the many instruments that they play, Chris Martin's charisma - simply high-class."

For a long time it has not been necessary for Coldplay to be afraid of / avoid being compared to the leading forces within the music industry. Jens from Essen sees it in the same way: "Coldplay is much, much better than U2. Both the songs and the show are sensational and cannot be exceeded as regards imaginativeness."

Each fan picked out his or her personal bon-bon of the evening. It could be the British band's interconnection with the fans ( "fan intimacy" ) - in spite of the Arena being so huge - it could be the bombastic stage show, or it could be the songs' high degree of emotion (emotionalism).

Or it could also simply be the good organisation inside and outside of the Arena: The trams / streetcars were running smoothly - much to the delight of the fans who got home much easier than feared. Maybe because many of the concert-goers had left the Arena before the last couple of songs - they were almost running away to make sure that they could catch a tram / streetcar. It turned out to be unnecessary as traffic was running relatively smoothly.

Read more to find out how the fans review Coldplay's performance.

(To be continued later tonight - the fans' short comments).

To Aniskywalker: I just read your post - Chris' shirt for chocolate. It is very sweet (no pun intended) - congratulations and well done! :)