✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

27-Aug-2009: Esprit Arena, Düsseldorf, Ger - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

Speed of Sound was missed, very! Right. But I was happy about to hear my first time strawberry swing :) And also Glass of Water - it was fantastic and not much people can sing Glass of Water ;)

I had a Sit-Place but I was standing up the first guitar-sound of Life in Technicolor at the beginnig. :D

I thing, Chris sad this on all concerts ;)

But right. We was great. But I mind that we was better last yeah in the SAP Arena Mannheim but it can be the reason that the arena is open ..

In which block have you been? I did not like the atmosphere in the seating areas...two very arrogant gals with their ugly boyfriends in front of me and a lot of older people. Not that I have something against older people but the ones I was with were very boring.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In which block have you been? I did not like the atmosphere in the seating areas...two very arrogant gals with their ugly boyfriends in front of me and a lot of older people.

Which is why I said after the 02 I would never sit again. There was no choice but to sit there and it pretty much spoilt my experience, as I ended up surrounded by zombies and a*holes!!;)

Hey..

The concert was so great, although its was more a really bombastic fantastic show than a concert anymore..

But dont you think that Politik rocked the most..

:wink3:

Yep Politik was great - it's my favorite song and I was electrified when it started... but I did not like the claps during the best part of the song in the middle.

I can't say what was my favorite performance of the evening - everything was fantastic.

But I agree it was not really a concert - it was a show! The music was gorgeous, Chris' voice was as good as ever but the music was nevertheless not in the foreground. That's kind of sad for people who adore and love their music ... so I really hope their next album will not be that successful :smug:...sounds paradox but maybe then they'll return more to the musical part and there not so many people who just go their to have a great experience - I hate those mainstreamers.

In which block have you been? I did not like the atmosphere in the seating areas...two very arrogant gals with their ugly boyfriends in front of me and a lot of older people. Not that I have something against older people but the ones I was with were very boring.

I had two cards for "Sparkassen Tribüne" in "Unterrang" Block 28, Line 13 Seat 15 and 16.

You´re right. The atmosphere is not so good as in the stand-area but we had good neightbours. My neightbour was a woman between 35 and 45 and was still good. She knew every song and had a good feeling :)

But, my next Coldplay Concert would be in the standing-area!!!! :)

Did anyone notice that they played Yellow quite fast?

Yep but I had this experience at most of the songs ... time just rushes away...:D

@ Yellow_la_guy

Did you have a great view onto the stage?I was in the Südtribüne, Unterrrang Block 35 - horrible people and not the best view, nevertheless one of my best evenings ever...just because of our boys :-)

Here are a few of my pictures taken yesterday... :)

I was so damn sure the band would play football here sooner or later...

3864828716_306d52cbba.jpg

Kilians = amazing!!!

3864045037_584008786f.jpg

3864829680_f4011f3691.jpg

3864830028_f93caa3589.jpg

3864046583_454a8b70bd.jpg

3864046915_f0f74d1cb1.jpg

3864047637_5c3743798a.jpg

3864832814_b9729fd2fe.jpg

3864048895_dfa5b53fa3.jpg

3864833674_fc98630097.jpg

Anna got the setlist (hope you don't mind uploading a picture of it)... :D "Play singing in the rain track - even if no rain" LOL

3864049693_a1b0744ee7.jpg

Bigger versions and a few more pictures here...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23207122@N07/

Thanks again to everyone I met! It was a great time. :)

This was such a fucking amazing day for me!!!

The concert was great, I was front row, I met another nice Coldplayers and the best for me - I have Chris shirt!!! OMG, I have his shirt! Phil came to me during the show and gave me the shirt. He said, "It's from Chris for you". At the moment I'm the happiest woman in the world.

And I swear, this shirt you'll never found at ebay ;)

Now I wait for my train and tomorrow ............. Coldplay in Munich :)

You HAVE to explain EXACTLY what happened!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Dusseldorf sounds amazing...looks like the band was on fire...hopeing it will hold until tomorrow night.

Coldplay's gigs are the least "show" I have seen for a big band in a long time. In general I also prefer smaller gigs to stadium gigs just because when you move to stadium you do have to have more show elements in there because the places are just soooo huge. But as saw Take That and U2 Stadium gigs this year I am pretty sure that Coldplay has the least show in the stadium.

Did Chris get his chocolate for the shirt then?

P.

@ Yellow_la_guy

Did you have a great view onto the stage?I was in the Südtribüne, Unterrrang Block 35 - horrible people and not the best view, nevertheless one of my best evenings ever...just because of our boys :-)

My view was not exected good. The stage was still many meters away but the displays behind and on the side of the stage helped. And I always see chris... right..its not heavy :D He is the only one who jumps around the stage :P But also Will, Guy and Jonny are viewed ;)

My view was quiet like that: http://www.coldplay.com/uploads/farewellduss.jpg

...no..no...joke :P

Like this: http://www.coldplay.com/uploads/crowdduss1.jpg

I think, 2 or 3 lines above..!

@ Yellow_la_guy

My view was not exected good. The stage was still many meters away but the displays behind and on the side of the stage helped. And I always see chris... right..its not heavy :D He is the only one who jumps around the stage :P But also Will, Guy and Jonny are viewed ;)

My view was quiet like that: http://www.coldplay.com/uploads/farewellduss.jpg

...no..no...joke :P

Like this: I think, 2 or 3 lines above..!

:D - yep the first view would be the greatest...

You really had a better view than I had, I felt just miles away from them...even when they were on the C-Stage for Death will never conquer - by the way I loved hearing Will's voice live- he has a very cute one...

TOTALLY BRILLIANT CONCERT :)

Til Kingdom Come by Chris

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imYE9bGIV-w]YouTube - Coldplay Dusseldorf 2009 - Til Kingdom Come Acoustic[/ame]

Death Will Never Conquer by Will

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLooMHrpfF4]YouTube - Coldplay Dusseldorf 2009 - Death Will Never Conquer by Will Champion[/ame]

Billie Jean Cover

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7eHPkIoBpM]YouTube - Coldplay Dusseldorf 2009 - Billie Jean Acoustic Cover[/ame]