✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

'The Goldrush' released on 'Life in Technicolor ii' 7"Vinyl [LISTEN IN FIRST POST]

Fer_Hiperfine

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Chris mentions Jonny at the beginning in the background...

I would ask the Oracle too but I don't think she appreciates flooding :) I'll wait patiently for her to answer one of you!

yah i think johnny is at 1:27. it just sounds like him to me. now that i think about it, none of them really sound like guy to me. but who knows....

should i wait to ask the oracle then? cuz i havent done it yet...

totally ask the oracle!!!

but erick, darcy's already done it.....we were just wondering if more of us should ask and maybe oracle would be more likely to answer, or if she wouldnt like being bombarded with the same question? or maybe you already knew that that's what we were talking about :lol:

i think i will ask. i dont see how it could hurt.

Okay, I caved and sent the question in too :P

I still haven't had a question answered yet, so... *shrug*

EDIT: Well my theory is that she wants to shut me up so badly that maybe she'll finally answer me on this one :lol:

... No, I haven't asked that many. Although I've thought of a TON since it started.

Okay, I caved and sent the question in too :P

I still haven't had a question answered yet, so... *shrug*

EDIT: Well my theory is that she wants to shut me up so badly that maybe she'll finally answer me on this one :lol:

... No, I haven't asked that many. Although I've thought of a TON since it started.

haha yah i've asked a lot too and never been answered. i dont think she likes me. whatever the reason may be haha.

SOOOO COOL!! I love this song!! And all the 'background' stuff!!

It's sure Will, then Chris, then...Guy or Jonny? I don't quite see which one of them...Maybe Guy...If it's him he has a really sweet voice!!!

Ans when Chris speak of Jonny at the beginning, he says 'Jonny's up' and at that moment, you can hear Jonny starting to sing in the background 'and the prospektor...'

B-side of the Week: Coldplay's 'Goldrush'

Digital Spy have the first online review of Coldplay's new B-Side 'The Goldrush'. It will be released alongside 'Life In Technicolor ii' next week. Here is their article:

We've already shone a spotlight on Girls Aloud, Pink and Lily Allen, so it's about time we gave the boys a chance in our B-side Of The Week feature. It's not a massive week on the new releases front, but one B-side worthy of a wee listen is 'Goldrush', the flipside to Coldplay's new single 'Life in Technicolor ii'.

Originally intended for the group's fourth album Viva La Vida, 'Goldrush' presumably missed the final cut because it's so different from the rest of the record. It sounds like it was written during a late-night jamming session long after Chris Martin had been tucked up in bed, with drummer Will Champion taking on lead vocals instead. "I went digging for gold, down by the river, over by the mountain, where the prospector had been told," he trills here.

The result is a more modest, intimate offering than we've come to expect from the stadium-filling Coldplay. In fact, 'Goldrush' conjures up images of a straw-capped band perching on hay bales as their hillbilly pals stand around tapping their cowboy boots in unison. Yee-haw! The full version is available on the 'Life in Technicolor ii' CD single, 7" vinyl and download, all out Monday, but for now here's a 30-second taster:

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid9410904001/bctid9439222001

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a145035/b-side-of-the-week-coldplays-goldrush.html

Waaahh, this is so amazing! I really need to work on a spanish text, but I just can't stop listening to this! :stunned:

It's pretty easy to hear Will and Chris ... the other ones, I don't know. I think it's Guy, because I think Jonny's singing voice is rather dark and you can hear him a few times kind of "growl" ... if you get what I mean. :laugh3:

Much like the other song will sings (wow im so sorry i dont know the exact name i just know death will conquer...maybe that is the name), i dont like this one.

It's not because of will, although it is odd hearing his voice, it's because the style of song is just so...different. It's not like Coldplay, it's not like anything I would listen to.

It's like campy southern. By campy I mean goofy and not too serious.

I've only heard it a few times, maybe it will grow but I doubt it. The distortion is also very weird.

who's the really low voice during the harmonies? I've noticed it before during the end of Viva

It sounds like Johnny...I remember seeing a clip once where he sang at a low register and it sounds similar here...anyway that's my guess :)

Guest kmm1482
I went to the bottom of the page on U.S. iTunes and you can switch to the UK iTunes and it has it there...but I don't know if it can be bought or not, does anyone know? If I buy it will it work on my comp.?

Trust me you can't, I've tried HUNDREDS of times. We're stuck with our Britney Spears and Lil Wayne while you guys get LiTii. We don't even have the video for it yet!!!!!!!! What the hell!?

In the words of Nick Frost in Shaun of the Dead "Gaaaaaaay!"