✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-Feb-09: Coldplay/The Killers - War Child gig, Shepherd's Bush, London (Reviews, Pictures, Videos

Denise

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww thank you :nice: were you able to come and find a ticket?

I met him back in December before a gig, that's why I was surprised he remembered me..ok I pretty much stalked them for three gigs, but only managed to met him once :P

I found a ticket (I always do seem able to :)) but in the end I wasn't well enough to attend unfortunately.

AS I wrote somehere yesterday, my best friend's girlfriend was great friend's with Will at uni when the band were strating out. I love her, she's great, but everytime I see her I always have in the back of my mind 'damn you for not keeping in touch' :laugh3:

I went to the gig and it was awesome. I got in the queue at around half past three and were stood behind a load of coldplay fans - sorry I don't know your names!! I am a member of the victims (killers fan club) but I have to say that you coldplay fans were a lot nicer, friendlier and politer than the other victims and i was a bit embarrased by the other victims!! I wanted to say thanks because you made our time in the queue go by so quickly and all of the rumours were true!! I hope the south african guy wet his pants when Bono came on stage!!!

yay :) welcome to the board :D Queuing was actually more fun than I imagined, and it has to be done to the great people we were with.

Oh yes, coldplay were amazing!! I was a big fan anyway but that night my love for coldplay grew and grew!! It was my first time seeing them and I couldn't believe how energetic chris martin was!!

first time I've ever seen The Killers, and I thought the same about Brandon :laugh3:

I'm not sure about downloading it but they were filming it and someone asked what it was for and they said they were making the whole gig into a DVD.

I'll buy one :D just so long as that wasn't the camera which was recording us queuing & singing.

P.S. Big ups to Kelly for going up and say things to the first in lines, you're so funny, it was nice meeting you, and also Mich, Lori and Kirsten :nice: and sorry for not coming up to introduce myself to all the coldplayers, I felt embarassed doing it :P

next time, don't be (Wembley?) :D . you can see that we don't bite, and are relatively normal :P :laugh3:

It's us singing!!! :nice:

that is awesome :D

Coldplay, The Killers at the O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire, review

coldplay-concert_1318214c.jpg

Coldplay followed up their disappointment at the Brit Awards with a gig for the War Child charity which saw them share the bill with The Killers and Bono.

Pity poor Coldplay! Not a single Brit award, despite all those nominations.

Still, to distract themselves from their catalogue of failure, they headlined this late-night gig which simultaneously marked the 15th anniversary of the War Child charity while boosting brand awareness for the newly-named O2 Shepherds Bush Empire, now part of the O2/Live Nation juggernaut.

They took the stage after a rousing introduction from Al "Pub Landlord" Murray, who declared them "probably the greatest band in the world since Queen". But Chris Martin seemed not entirely chuffed with his band's timetable of disaster at Earls Court ("We lost all the Brits and it's been a s--- day, frankly," he grunted at one point), which may have accounted for the distracted air of his performance. He skidded across the stage on one leg, whirled on the spot and bent over backwards as if afflicted with St Vitus' Dance, while nervously jabbering a mixture of nonsense and expletives into the microphone.

However, in between, the band managed to gather their senses sufficiently to whip through a compressed set of Coldplavian highlights. They pulled off the ballad-to-hard-rock switch in 42 with aplomb, waxed soulful in Yellow and In My Place, and wheeled out a timpani and a large bell for drummer Will Champion to wallop in Viva La Vida. But they had the most fun singing along with Gary Barlow on Take That's poptabulous Back for Good, which went over big with a small-hours audience by now beginning to resemble a well-refreshed wedding party.

The show had started with an opening set from fellow Brits under-achievers the Killers. With their mix of disco, glam and Eighties rock, they're like a freak amalgam of the Cars and the Scissor Sisters, not least when Brandon Flowers is prancing about wearing feathery epaulettes, but they know how to bash out a chorus.

They did this to gale-force effect in Somebody Told Me, the evergreen Mr Brightside and Read My Mind, though Are We Human will always be nonsense however much they wind up its palpitating amyl-nitrate beat ("Are we human or are we dancer"? Pull yourself together, man).

For the grand finale, the entire cast joined forces for the Killers' All These Things That I've Done, which afforded the once-in-a-lifetime spectacle of Flowers, Gary Barlow, Chris Martin and a suddenly-materialising Bono lined up across the stage bawling "I got soul but I'm not a soldier." It sounded awful, but it was a camera-phone moment to die for.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk

Hey, I just remembered that I forgot to switch off my recording of the gig!

I finished it AFTER we talked to Phil!!! :dance:

It's noisy and there are only our voices audible, but hey - better than nothing I guess!

Corum asked me to upload my recording (even though I said it's mostly just noise)...

So if anyone of you is interested, it'll be in MM soon, including us shouting up to the balcony at the end. :)

Didn't somebody else say s/he got a bootleg recording?

Hey, I just remembered that I forgot to switch off my recording of the gig!

I finished it AFTER we talked to Phil!!! :dance:

It's noisy and there are only our voices audible, but hey - better than nothing I guess!

Corum asked me to upload my recording (even though I said it's mostly just noise)...

So if anyone of you is interested, it'll be in MM soon, including us shouting up to the balcony at the end. :)

Didn't somebody else say s/he got a bootleg recording?

ace :D

Oh and my video from the beginning of Yellow until the end of Lost! is up as well!

It's 9 minutes long and also contains Chris speaking between the songs!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNSDTCpOQNg]Yellow, Lost![/ame]

Watch it on high quality on youtube and again - don't forget to turn down the volume!!

coldplay-concert_1318214c.jpg

Coldplay followed up their disappointment at the Brit Awards with a gig for the War Child charity which saw them share the bill with The Killers and Bono.

Pity poor Coldplay! Not a single Brit award, despite all those nominations.

Still, to distract themselves from their catalogue of failure, they headlined this late-night gig which simultaneously marked the 15th anniversary of the War Child charity while boosting brand awareness for the newly-named O2 Shepherds Bush Empire, now part of the O2/Live Nation juggernaut.

They took the stage after a rousing introduction from Al "Pub Landlord" Murray, who declared them "probably the greatest band in the world since Queen". But Chris Martin seemed not entirely chuffed with his band's timetable of disaster at Earls Court ("We lost all the Brits and it's been a s--- day, frankly," he grunted at one point), which may have accounted for the distracted air of his performance. He skidded across the stage on one leg, whirled on the spot and bent over backwards as if afflicted with St Vitus' Dance, while nervously jabbering a mixture of nonsense and expletives into the microphone.

However, in between, the band managed to gather their senses sufficiently to whip through a compressed set of Coldplavian highlights. They pulled off the ballad-to-hard-rock switch in 42 with aplomb, waxed soulful in Yellow and In My Place, and wheeled out a timpani and a large bell for drummer Will Champion to wallop in Viva La Vida. But they had the most fun singing along with Gary Barlow on Take That's poptabulous Back for Good, which went over big with a small-hours audience by now beginning to resemble a well-refreshed wedding party.

The show had started with an opening set from fellow Brits under-achievers the Killers. With their mix of disco, glam and Eighties rock, they're like a freak amalgam of the Cars and the Scissor Sisters, not least when Brandon Flowers is prancing about wearing feathery epaulettes, but they know how to bash out a chorus.

They did this to gale-force effect in Somebody Told Me, the evergreen Mr Brightside and Read My Mind, though Are We Human will always be nonsense however much they wind up its palpitating amyl-nitrate beat ("Are we human or are we dancer"? Pull yourself together, man).

For the grand finale, the entire cast joined forces for the Killers' All These Things That I've Done, which afforded the once-in-a-lifetime spectacle of Flowers, Gary Barlow, Chris Martin and a suddenly-materialising Bono lined up across the stage bawling "I got soul but I'm not a soldier." It sounded awful, but it was a camera-phone moment to die for.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk

I have to say I kinda agree with what they're saying about Coldplay being distracted. I think it was definitely more to do with extreme exhaustion than disappointment about the Brits though.

I disagree with the "rousing introduction" from Al though, I like him but the poor bloke died a painful death :P

you've got lots to read and catch up on!! :D

I know.... & I've been up since 2:45 am with some heinous jet lag. Most of it because I was worrying that Mich & Lori will never forgive me for the ultimate superfan faux-pas. My fault we missed Chris. Even my husband was like 'geez, what's wrong with you...you couldn't have waited 10 more minutes!!!!!!!!!!' Glad it seems everyone made it made it back home safe and sound!

Okay just to give you heads up that I am now home and the weekend starts NOW for me :)

Which will probably mean, spending the whole night on the forum, talking to all these nice people I've met two days ago :) :) :)

I will soon start resizing my pictures and then posting them here ...

But before I start, I will leave a little appetizer in the Chris thread ::wink3:

Give me some minutes for that ;)