✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-Feb-09: Coldplay/The Killers - War Child gig, Shepherd's Bush, London (Reviews, Pictures, Videos

Denise

Did you see the WarChild Twitter?

@gashead Thanks for the bon mots. It was indeed an amazing night. No plans for a DVD I'm afraid. You'll just have to remember it!

1:01 PM Feb 19th from BeTwittered in reply to gashead

:bigcry:

Well, that post yesterday about a possible DVD got my hopes up...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now to feed Jen's little screaming teenie heart a little ;)

l_b187f34b9bb544a285f991ee6e39b963.jpg

l_2403472872a64b1a993f8f46489697b5.jpg

In this second pic it just looks like as if Gary was looking straight at Jen and kind of serenading her ... he probably heard her screams :laugh3:

Sorry, Ian ;)

nice pics :D

Don't worry about it. Is unfortunate but for all we knew it could have been another two hours.

I think I'm just destined to never meet them. :P

Not the end of the world :D

I prefer to think that the Coldplay Karma has something special in mind.

Jen & Ian didn't get to do the Today Show or the BBC gig last June. So in 2009, Coldplay Karma provided Absolute Radio & War Child :D :laugh3:

More of my photos to follow tomorrow. Have quite a few from Chris coming your way and some of them are really good (at least I think so).

I am way too tired now, so see you in a few hours again :)

Nighty night!

they're looking great :)

My Fix You video is up!

I love how he hops back on his chair at about 3:30mins...

I like the bit at the end where security meet up to point out the people behind us who they thought were filming!!!! :laugh3:

I prefer to think that the Coldplay Karma has something special in mind.

Jen & Ian didn't get to do the Today Show or the BBC gig last June. So in 2009, Coldplay Karma provided Absolute Radio & War Child :D :laugh3:

So have the rest of us got to wait another year for the karma to kick in? :(

I know! And yet me and Lori were totally filming RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM :lol:

I think they liked us because we were nice and also pointed out drunk, almost falling over the balcony guy :P

I can see why!! Splatted guy on floor would have meant no gig, so you saved them a riot!

So have the rest of us got to wait another year for the karma to kick in? :(

maybe, maybe not :(

I just tend to try and work on the theory that things happen for a reason, and that if you don't get something you really want this time, it because there's something better round the corner

The Killers on Bono, cover albums and career breaks

Hot Press met guitarist Dave Keuning last night in the Dublin O2.

The Killers have been talking about their much-vaunted covers record and Hot Press’ suggestion that it’s bound to include a healthy smattering of Duran Duran, Joy Divison, Oasis, New Order, Pet Shop Boys and The Cars songs.

“You could be right about some of those, although if we do go ahead with a covers album there'll be plenty of surprises in there as well,” guitarist Dave Keuning told Hot Press backstage at their Dublin O2 show last night. “We’ve half-recorded one or two, but if and when it’ll come to fruition I don’t know. We’ve talked about doing it on the road – we’ve a couple of mics, a little drum-set, a bass amp and a guitar amp in the back right now, and Ronnie and me both know how to use Logic – so maybe.”

Even by their exalted standards, it’s been a good week for The Killers with Brandon taking part in the Brit Awards tribute to the Pet Shop Boys and then afterwards all four of them performing at the War Child 15th birthday party in the Shepherd’s Bush Empire.

“It was us first doing eight songs followed by Coldplay who also did half a set, and then we all came back for the encore, which also featured Bono and Gary Barlow.”

Were they familiar with Take That prior to the War Child bash?

“I knew Take That and their hit song, ‘Back For Good’, but not the individual names of the members,” Dave admits. “Having Bono sing ‘I’ve got soul but I’m not a soldier’ during ‘All These Things That I Have Done’, which was the last song played, was the most surreal thing that’s ever happened to us. Bono, Coldplay and The Killers – not a bad little band!”

Did Bono hit his notes okay?

“He didn’t let the side down, no, and added a few lyrics of his own that he wanted to incorporate. We had a little practice backstage beforehand, so it wasn’t as scary as it might’ve been!”

In an interview that will be appearing in an upcoming issue of Hot Press, Keuning also revealed that The Killers may be taking a prolonged career break.

“That’s what we’re talking about right now. I imagine we’ll be touring Day & Age until mid-2010, and we’re then for sure going to take a year off – maybe longer, we’ll see. We had six months off after Sam’s Town, three weeks of which I go to spend at home in San Diego, so it’d be nice to go on an extended vacation.”

The Hot Press Newsdesk

http://www.hotpress.com/news/5269625.html