✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

07-Aug-09: Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Charlotte, NC - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setli

Hey all, this is my first day here but I've been browing the site for about 2 months now. I was wondering if anyone here's been to a concert in this amphitheatre and could help me out with some questions I have...

1. Does the facility have video screens in it or is it bare around the stage?

2. My seats are in section 9, I believe and I've been getting mixed reports on what our view would be like. Does anyone on here have a good opinion as to what they'll be like?

3. This is going to be my first Coldplay concert. What are they like?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all, this is my first day here but I've been browing the site for about 2 months now. I was wondering if anyone here's been to a concert in this amphitheatre and could help me out with some questions I have...

1. Does the facility have video screens in it or is it bare around the stage?

2. My seats are in section 9, I believe and I've been getting mixed reports on what our view would be like. Does anyone on here have a good opinion as to what they'll be like?

3. This is going to be my first Coldplay concert. What are they like?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

You can find a lot out by searching here. I'll give you some quick answers:

1. Yes, there should be screens, part of their set.

2. I have some better for sale for face value if you want, but you'll be fine in section 9. Depending on what row or seat, you could have limited view, but most likely you'll be fine.

3. Amazing. I cannot write in 100 days what you might experience. It's a brilliant show, so much energy, just enjoy yourself and dance!

Hope you enjoy, I'll be there!

What seats do you have for sale?

And I looked at the tickets and we are seated midway in the section on the side of it that's closer to the middle of the facility

I cannot wait for the show, personally. I've heard that around 20,000 should be there. It sounds amazing

What seats do you have for sale?

And I looked at the tickets and we are seated midway in the section on the side of it that's closer to the middle of the facility

I cannot wait for the show, personally. I've heard that around 20,000 should be there. It sounds amazing

i kept buying and upgrading when the presale was on. i can't begin to tell you how upset i am at how many sets i purchased! here is what i have for sale:

section 8 row L seats 20 and 21

section 6 row U seats 24 and 25

section 6 row Y seats 15 and 16

section 9 row S seats 34 and 35 (probably worse than yours)

if you're interested, make an offer. i won't sell for 1 penny more than i paid, including fees. i am not here to make money, only try to make some or all of my money i paid back!!!! :)

I'm fairly interested but I need to see what my partner says. She was pretty stuck on keeping what we have. What are the prices you are charging though? One thing that got me mad, however was I was looking at the Livenation site a few weeks after we bought the tickets from there and they had seats right in front for sale and they weren't there when I first tried to purchase the seats. Confusing..

I'm fairly interested but I need to see what my partner says. She was pretty stuck on keeping what we have. What are the prices you are charging though? One thing that got me mad, however was I was looking at the Livenation site a few weeks after we bought the tickets from there and they had seats right in front for sale and they weren't there when I first tried to purchase the seats. Confusing..

make me an offer for the tickets. that's all i can say. i paid $97.50 for each ticket plus the ridiculous fees. let me know, there's plenty of time before the show.

Yes, those fees are pretty crappy. I'll see what my partner wants to do. Also, I may have a friend who may be interested in what you're offering seeing as she wants to get tickets.

please let your friend know i really need to sell these sets i have. thank you very much.

• 2 weeks later...

Selling some Pit tickets at cost....

I've posted this on the Selling/Trading thread also, but I have four Pit tickets (500 tickets for standing right in front of the stage) that I need to unload. Stupid me already had tickets for another show (Jackson Browne) down in St. Augustine, FL, that same night (Aug. 7th) when I bought these. Argh!

Anyway, I'm looking to sell two of them for $250 (my actual cost through the Live Nation website was $256) and trade the other two for Tampa (Aug. 9th) pit tickets.

Please send me a PM if interested in either option.

Seen 'em twice on the tour already (Boston and Atlanta - both on the first leg indoors). Great show!

Chris (Charlotte, NC)

UPDATE THURSDAY, MAY 28th ---- SOLD MY 4 PIT TICKETS.

I've posted this on the Selling/Trading thread also, but I have four Pit tickets (500 tickets for standing right in front of the stage) that I need to unload. Stupid me already had tickets for another show (Jackson Browne) down in St. Augustine, FL, that same night (Aug. 7th) when I bought these. Argh!

Anyway, I'm looking to sell two of them for $250 (my actual cost through the Live Nation website was $256) and trade the other two for Tampa (Aug. 9th) pit tickets.

Please send me a PM if interested in either option.

Seen 'em twice on the tour already (Boston and Atlanta - both on the first leg indoors). Great show!

Chris (Charlotte, NC)

good luck man. i had seats in the covered area in atlanta and it was raining like hell. was trying to sell them here and on ebay, then tried to sell them at the show. paid $400.06 for them and sold them after 1 hour of walking through the mud and rain for $240. i sure hope we can sell our charlotte tickets.

good luck man. i had seats in the covered area in atlanta and it was raining like hell. was trying to sell them here and on ebay, then tried to sell them at the show. paid $400.06 for them and sold them after 1 hour of walking through the mud and rain for $240. i sure hope we can sell our charlotte tickets.

Indeed. Good luck to you, also. I know better than to wait until close to show date or attempt to sell them on site at the venue (although I won't be in town that day anyway, since I'll be down in FLA), as that's always a crap shoot. Plus with this current crummy economy, it's just really tough to move such expensive tickets right now. But PIT tickets should move, I think, plus I've got a couple of months to sell or trade them (hopefully I'll get that Tampa trade for two of 'em, somehow, as I'd really love to see this show from the Pit... especially since it appears to be the last North American date of the tour).

Do you know of other sites available to list them without fees? Craigslist, I guess, although I've never used it. I don't want to make a profit on these, but like you I certainly don't want to take a loss, either.

Take care,

Chris

I have seats available for this show as well! PM if interested. Im going to the show, but after being in the pit for Atlanta. I have to do it again! PIT GA is THE best seat for the show. No doubt about it.

Indeed. Good luck to you, also. I know better than to wait until close to show date or attempt to sell them on site at the venue (although I won't be in town that day anyway, since I'll be down in FLA), as that's always a crap shoot. Plus with this current crummy economy, it's just really tough to move such expensive tickets right now. But PIT tickets should move, I think, plus I've got a couple of months to sell or trade them (hopefully I'll get that Tampa trade for two of 'em, somehow, as I'd really love to see this show from the Pit... especially since it appears to be the last North American date of the tour).

Do you know of other sites available to list them without fees? Craigslist, I guess, although I've never used it. I don't want to make a profit on these, but like you I certainly don't want to take a loss, either.

Take care,

Chris

i've wondered the same thing. i'm going to try craigslist, ebay, stubhub, whatever i can. i know i'm taking a loss, i just don't want to try to sell them at the show.