✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

07-Aug-09: Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Charlotte, NC - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setli

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to come out of the shadows and start posting again... only one week to go. It's hard to believe that it's so close now. When the tickets went on sale, it was half a year away... that seemed like a really long time. Now, we're down to a mere week. I can hardly wait! :)

A couple questions for those of you that have seen Coldplay live before... first, what's the deal with cameras? I'm sure they're technically not allowed, but do you just try to sneak it in and hope for the best? And do you need to keep flash off so you won't get noticed? Also, we got aisle seats, so will we be allowed to stand in the aisle the whole time, as long as we're near our seats? I mean, me and my friend will be having one of the best nights of our lives... surely we can't be expected to stay in our seats. Hopefully you guys can give me some help on these questions.

And although nobody will care, I thought I'd update my original post in this thread... my girlfriend won't be able to go; instead, my friend's dad will be going. But she is moving here in about a month (after four years of her living in Ohio and being 700 miles away from me... not fun at all), so I'm extremely happy about that. :D

Time to come out of the shadows and start posting again... only one week to go. It's hard to believe that it's so close now. When the tickets went on sale, it was half a year away... that seemed like a really long time. Now, we're down to a mere week. I can hardly wait! :)

A couple questions for those of you that have seen Coldplay live before... first, what's the deal with cameras? I'm sure they're technically not allowed, but do you just try to sneak it in and hope for the best? And do you need to keep flash off so you won't get noticed? Also, we got aisle seats, so will we be allowed to stand in the aisle the whole time, as long as we're near our seats? I mean, me and my friend will be having one of the best nights of our lives... surely we can't be expected to stay in our seats. Hopefully you guys can give me some help on these questions.

And although nobody will care, I thought I'd update my original post in this thread... my girlfriend won't be able to go; instead, my friend's dad will be going. But she is moving here in about a month (after four years of her living in Ohio and being 700 miles away from me... not fun at all), so I'm extremely happy about that. :D

Ive definately been in the shadows! Ill start posting alot more in this next week, if anyone has questions about the pit, I can answer pretty much anything about it and what time to get there before.

I'll be in the PIT :D

As for the camera... I have taken a camera to every show I've been, and used the flash without a problem. Every show I've been to, it seems the entire crowd is on their feet. Oddly enough, the only one that wasn't was in Dublin, Ireland. I think there will be no problem with standing.

I'm still looking for two tickets for the sister and her b/f. They have to be cheap, so even lawn will suffice, if anybody knows of two that are out there. Been looking through craigslist and ebay, nothing cheap. Glad I got mine early :D

What kind of shirts (if any) do they sell at the concert? And what are the prices? I'd like to get one to celebrate my first concert!

http://coldplay.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/artist?sourceCode=COLWEB&categoryName=Apparel&artistName=Coldplay

they have those ones, and they're a bit more expensive but if you add the shipping charges it's about equal

After I had to dip out on the Irvine show, you now must come to Charlotte to make the Coldplay karma in the universe balanced!!

Ha ha.. don't know if that really made sense.

I will be staying in a hotel as well, as one person asked for hotels, but I'm not sure which one. My parents are going for their first show ever, and since I bought them the tickets, they are taking care of accommodations.

I am also looking for 2 more PIT tickets. Late in the game, I know, but it know looks as my sister and her b/f want to join the fun. Who am I to say they can't?

Well, the Coldplay karma in the universe will be balanced in 5 days, because I will be in the pit in Tampa! I decided last week that I *had* to be there. My husband was awesome, and said "go" so I'm going by myself. I used frequent flyer miles on Delta, so I just had to buy the pit ticket, pay for the hotel and car. And I'm getting to stay overnight Saturday in Atlanta to visit a dear friend and her family before flying to Tampa early Sunday morning. So I will have seen the first (July 14, 2008) and last US show (August 9, 2009) of the Viva la Vida tour.

Ive definately been in the shadows! Ill start posting alot more in this next week, if anyone has questions about the pit, I can answer pretty much anything about it and what time to get there before.

Hey guys!

I was able to get pit tix to this concert through a broker and received them via fedex today!! I am really excited to get to see Coldplay live!!! Hope to see some of you there!

Question for gmalool - What can you tell me about the pit setup?? The tix say general admission, but they also have a row and seat no. (row 1, seat 29 & 30). I am confused. I called the venue today, and all they could tell me was that there were 500 tix sold in the pit area. Do you know if it is going to be assigned seating or true GA?? If it is true GA, how early do you need to get there to be at or near the front?? They told me the gates open at 4pm. I will be driving up from SC the day of the show and am trying to determine when to leave. Also, what do you know about the stage extending into the pit?? I heard the sides were a good spot as well.

Thanks,

JThunder

Well, the Coldplay karma in the universe will be balanced in 5 days, because I will be in the pit in Tampa! I decided last week that I *had* to be there. My husband was awesome, and said "go" so I'm going by myself. I used frequent flyer miles on Delta, so I just had to buy the pit ticket, pay for the hotel and car. And I'm getting to stay overnight Saturday in Atlanta to visit a dear friend and her family before flying to Tampa early Sunday morning. So I will have seen the first (July 14, 2008) and last US show (August 9, 2009) of the Viva la Vida tour.

You are very lucky!! I wish I could go to that one as well. As it seems, I hope to attend one of the London shows, though plane tickets are looking pricey. Enjoy your time with your friend and Coldplay.

Also, I am very curious about the PIT. I'm starting to get nervous. My flight arrives at 11:10 AM, and then I have to check into the hotel. I was thinking getting there around 2 or 2:30. Any suggestions from the rest of the crowd?

Also, JTHUNDER, I stood by the right extension in Atlanta and it was a pretty good spot. But I'm trying for front and center this time. If you and GMALOOL want to join in the wait with me, it would be nice to conversate with some folks for the hours we will be waiting to get in.

I've been to a bunch of shows, and people have been allowed to bring in non-professional cameras (i.e. no detachable lenses) at every show. Using flash is fine.

I have a pit ticket... though I'm not sure how well I'm going to hold up in the heat...

You might want to check the venue website. I'm going to the Tampa show, and want to bring my Nikon D40. I snuck it in to the Irvine, CA show last month, but this is what it says for Tampa :

"Items not allowed in this venue include professional cameras with S, M, or L detachable lenses, audio and video recorders, alcoholic beverages or soft drinks, large or hard coolers, weapons of any kind (this includes pocket knives and watch chains), laser pointers, and glass or metal containers."

My camera, though it has a detachable lens, is not a professional camera with any of those lenses but i'm going to print out this page if there is any problem. Of course, I won't "advertise" that I have my camera, but if they ask about it...

Dianne, are you going to this concert and then to Tampa?!! me too!!!

No, just Tampa. I'm coming from CA, and I really can't get away for more than a couple of days, between my husband's work schedule and our kids on summer vacation. So by just going to Tampa, I leave here Saturday and come home Monday afternoon. I am going to stop in Atlanta to visit a good friend, because my flight connects there.

As for the camera... I have taken a camera to every show I've been, and used the flash without a problem. Every show I've been to, it seems the entire crowd is on their feet. Oddly enough, the only one that wasn't was in Dublin, Ireland. I think there will be no problem with standing.

Great... thanks for the info! Wish I had known about this pit thing, though... I'll definitely have to look into that for the next time Coldplay comes here.

You are very lucky!! I wish I could go to that one as well. As it seems, I hope to attend one of the London shows, though plane tickets are looking pricey. Enjoy your time with your friend and Coldplay.

Also, I am very curious about the PIT. I'm starting to get nervous. My flight arrives at 11:10 AM, and then I have to check into the hotel. I was thinking getting there around 2 or 2:30. Any suggestions from the rest of the crowd?

Also, JTHUNDER, I stood by the right extension in Atlanta and it was a pretty good spot. But I'm trying for front and center this time. If you and GMALOOL want to join in the wait with me, it would be nice to conversate with some folks for the hours we will be waiting to get in.

I will be there around 2:30-3pm. :)

I will be there around 2:30-3pm. :)

Penny,

You won't be able to miss us. My girlfriend and I will be wearing the Yellow London Butterfly shirts. You should come up and say hello. That goes for all other fellow coldplayers who will be lining up early for the PIT. :D

I'm hoping we can all get together in line, get to know each other a bit, and get spots front and center of the pit and maybe save each others spots for the visits to the bathroom and beverage cart :)

Penny,

You won't be able to miss us. My girlfriend and I will be wearing the Yellow London Butterfly shirts. You should come up and say hello. That goes for all other fellow coldplayers who will be lining up early for the PIT. :D

I'm hoping we can all get together in line, get to know each other a bit, and get spots front and center of the pit and maybe save each others spots for the visits to the bathroom and beverage cart :)

I will definitely say hello. :)

I want a spot on the right side, b/c I want to be directly in front of Guy! ;)

And yes, we should DEFINITELY work together as a team to save each other's spots, lol. I was just thinking to myself, there is no way I am going to be able to NOT go to the bathroom for several hours!

See ya Friday!

Hey guys!

I was able to get pit tix to this concert through a broker and received them via fedex today!! I am really excited to get to see Coldplay live!!! Hope to see some of you there!

Question for gmalool - What can you tell me about the pit setup?? The tix say general admission, but they also have a row and seat no. (row 1, seat 29 & 30). I am confused. I called the venue today, and all they could tell me was that there were 500 tix sold in the pit area. Do you know if it is going to be assigned seating or true GA?? If it is true GA, how early do you need to get there to be at or near the front?? They told me the gates open at 4pm. I will be driving up from SC the day of the show and am trying to determine when to leave. Also, what do you know about the stage extending into the pit?? I heard the sides were a good spot as well.

Thanks,

JThunder

There are no assigned spots in the pit. They just put the row and seat numbers on the tickets for countability purposes. And, I would suggest getting there about an hour prior to gates opening to secure a front row spot in the PIT, which is something you don't want to let go. And meet some ppl that can save your spot if you need to get up for bathroom, drinks, etc. Im driving up from South Carolina also tommorow. The stage in Atlanta was RIGHT next to the pit, probably like 5-6 feet. I like to go right between Jonny and Chris. But don't worry, everything will work out. What part of SC are you in?