✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

07-Aug-09: Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Charlotte, NC - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setli

Coldplay is better than drugs.... My concert was 7/18 and I still have not turned on the radio or any other form of music besides COLDPLAY!! Well..when my husband turned on the radio once and Guess who was on... lol.. so that didnt really count! ;)

If I could only grab a few songs off of youtube of this concert.. what would you all say were the best?? ;) I need a place to start!!

Thanks! :)

I was at the shows July 18 and July 19, too. Lisanoelle was at both shows and has some great videos on youtube. Do a search for lisanoelle. I had great seats for July 19 in Irvine, you can see my pics in my link. I didn't do any video - my video camera sucks and I knew there would be people with much better vids. Plus I didn't want to spend the show holding a camera to tape. I'm so addicted that I flew from Orange County to Tampa last weekend for the last show that was "postponed." The addiction lives on...do we need to form CA? Hi I'm Dianne, and I'm a Coldplay addict.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay is better than drugs.... My concert was 7/18 and I still have not turned on the radio or any other form of music besides COLDPLAY!! Well..when my husband turned on the radio once and Guess who was on... lol.. so that didnt really count! ;)

If I could only grab a few songs off of youtube of this concert.. what would you all say were the best?? ;) I need a place to start!!

Thanks! :)

hey, i was at the carson show, too. here is the link to my youtube page if you want to view some videos.

http://www.youtube.com/user/VivaLaColdplay42

@ Dianne- Yeah, I need to join... lol Thank for the info.. I have all of lisa_noelles videos on my iPod... ;) Been in contact with her.... hehe

How did you meet and greet? Was it through KROQ? I tried everything I could with them and 98.7 to get something...

@ Coldplayrulestheworld... Cool.. I subscribed to your youtube and will check your out hopefully soon!!

@ Dianne- Yeah, I need to join... lol Thank for the info.. I have all of lisa_noelles videos on my iPod... ;) Been in contact with her.... hehe

How did you meet and greet? Was it through KROQ? I tried everything I could with them and 98.7 to get something...

@ Coldplayrulestheworld... Cool.. I subscribed to your youtube and will check your out hopefully soon!!

I won Cocktails with Coldplay from KROQ, but because they were running so late because of the 98.7 show, it ended up being like 15 seconds with Coldplay before they were rushed on stage. It was still awesome and I talked to Will and Chris shook my and my husband's hand. They took a group pic of us, and I'm right next to Will and my husband was right next to Chris, and Chris put his arm around my husband's shoulder. I tried winning from 98.7, too.

We all desire to experience something greater than ourselves. I think that’s why we go to concerts.

Last Friday, I took a trip down to Charlotte with my friend Jill Nance, to see what ended up being the last stop of Coldplay’s Viva La Vida tour in the U.S. The concert was amazing. Coldplay delivered an incredible experience, both musically and visually. But there was a little surprise that made the night all that more special. And it happened like this… When we first found our seats we were a little disappointed. We were off to the side and far from the stage. Not the seats we thought we had.

And there was this huge box right in front of us.

I made a comment about the box blocking our view, and the lady sitting next to us leaned over and said, “Don’t complain. You won’t be disappointed.” She spoke like someone who knew something we didn’t. She had this subdued excitement, but she wasn’t subduing it very well. Then I noticed there was a foot switch on the box. Rumors spread. Anticipation grew. There was chatter. Interrogations. Tweets. Then suddenly, life was in Technicolor…

Halfway into the show, while we were all tweeting and losing ourselves in the Strawberry Swing, I stopped for a moment to contemplate the similarities between rock concerts and religion. Something about the way the guy next to me with the Bud Light was lifting his hands.

Then there was commotion by the box. Some roadies next to us began to lift tarps, revealing a piano and guitars. The crowd around us started to stir, and suddenly the box in front of us lit up, and two roadies lifted the piano onto it. Coldplay finished playing Strawberry Swing, stepped off the main stage, and walked all the way over to our little box. The entire band performed two songs five feet in front of us! I don’t even remember what the first song was. The second was a piano-solo rendition of The Hardest Part. Standing next to a professional photographer, who at this point was finding it unbearable that all she could bring into the show was a cheap point and shoot, I tried my best to capture the moment via cell phone.

It’s an interesting thing to me that Chris actually looked bigger on that little stage. It was the way the energy of the crowd surrounded him. In that moment, he was larger than life. I kept having to tell myself he’s just a guy. More talented and harder working is all. But the music has a way of tricking you. I am convinced that the music and spectacle we create are reflections of something greater, something we can’t quite put our finger on. It’s beyond any one person. We are drawn to it. That’s why, among other things, we go to concerts. I use to think those girls at The Beatles shows – the sobbing, screaming fans that maul each other for a closer look – were ridiculous. And they are. But in the same way we all are. We are all drawn to something greater than ourselves. I will not judge them again.

http://www.justinsnyder.net/2009/08/14/coldplay-concert-in-charlotte/

Jenjie, I could not agree with those sentiments more! :)

Everyone should check out the bootleg!! It's worth a listen, and the best part is — you can listen to it as many times as you want! I myself, am working on my third time through :D

One of my favorite parts about listening to the music, is matching it up with the videos that I took. It really helps to bring the whole experience back... And who wouldn't want to do that?!

Hey guys!!

Thanks, bbb, for the links!!!

I am having trouble working with the .flac files. I did figure out through google how to open the .rar folder and then the .flac files in windows media player. I have to play one at a time, though, because it will not recognize the file type into a playlist or play the whole folder.

Does anyone know how to open .flac files in itunes??? Cannot get that to work. Also, how much is the sound quality degraded by converting to mp3??? Would love to get this on ipod and also burn a cd without losing quality.

Thanks to whoever taped this!!! It's great to be able to listen to the concert again!!! Btw, who is the girl in the background who sounds like she is being murdered??? lol

Thunder

WinAmp[/url] instead!!

You can convert those files for your personal use with SUPER or XMedia Recode.

Both Freeware.

The download links I gave you are German sites, but the programs are in English.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

If you have a mac, I used UnRarX to open the .rar and convert to .flac. Then I used a free program called Fluke to convert .flac files for itunes. To put them on an ipod, go to itunes preferences, import settings, then apple lossless. It worked for me with the July 19 concert, and it sounds great.

So does the bootleg have video or just audio?? Im downloading the parts right now! o.o having a hard time converting the files... can somebody upload the videos in a format that works with itunes?

And how did some people meet Chris Martin? Did they have backstage passes or what?

Next time i go to their show ill have to meet up with somebody from here! I was at the front of section 5, so i was pretty close, but the PIT must have been AMAZING. lol.. Too bad my camera blows, or my pics and videos would have been better

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Just now downloading this show....great to see a tape came from it. I'm so used to the Dave Matthews Band community where all American shows are taped and available via BitTorrent the next day. Whoever taped it has done well. I haven't heard the quality, but I can tell he/she is not a newby at taping by the txt file.