✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

07-Aug-09: Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Charlotte, NC - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setli

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yay!

How much were you selling yours for?

green eyes, sorry i missed your question. i have sold 2 of my 4 sets. i put them for sale, then adjusted the prices so that they were the cheapest in each section. it makes selling them so easy. my best two got $221, i paid $265 total for them. the other set i paid the same, but only got $187 back. after the atlanta selling fiasco, i wasn't taking a chance!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I just got an email from livenation saying the show is starting at 7 rather than 8. Does that mean that Coldplay comes on to play at 7? Or is that when the opening acts perform? Also, what time would be good to get there to be sure to see all the opening acts and Coldplay?

My wife and I are headed to this show....our first Coldplay show, am very excited. It's her first concert ever...I go to lots of shows, but she's never been to one....glad we're going together.

Got a question, does anyone know anything about camera policy? I know that Verizon allows cameras if bands do, and I'm pretty sure Coldplay does, but I want to know specifics. I'd like to bring my Nikon SLR and maybe two lenses, though I'm not sure if it'd be considered a professional camera. It's an old film FG and I can't find anything anywhere about this. Thanks for the help and looking forward to the show!!

My wife and I are headed to this show....our first Coldplay show, am very excited. It's her first concert ever...I go to lots of shows, but she's never been to one....glad we're going together.

Got a question, does anyone know anything about camera policy? I know that Verizon allows cameras if bands do, and I'm pretty sure Coldplay does, but I want to know specifics. I'd like to bring my Nikon SLR and maybe two lenses, though I'm not sure if it'd be considered a professional camera. It's an old film FG and I can't find anything anywhere about this. Thanks for the help and looking forward to the show!!

you guys are definitely going to have a good time! I know that venues don't allow cameras with interchangeable lenses, but Coldplay does allow cameras..I don't know what would happen if you brought yours, but I'm sure if you just brought it with just one lens already on it, they might just glance at it and move on.

you guys are definitely going to have a good time! I know that venues don't allow cameras with interchangeable lenses, but Coldplay does allow cameras..I don't know what would happen if you brought yours, but I'm sure if you just brought it with just one lens already on it, they might just glance at it and move on.

That's kind of what I'm thinking. Thanks for the confirmation on Coldplay's stance.

All my lenses are single focal length lenses, so it looks even more "amateurish" I would think. I'll be slightly stage left beside SB area. So I want to at least have a 105mm but was thinking about either my 135mm or my 180 as a secondary. I really really want to bring my real camera there....this is the kind of photography I've been wanting to do for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

In between the ramps? I'm not sure I understand that.

But I will be in the PIT as well... and it is all the way in the front. In the Atlanta show there were two mini extensions on both sides (maybe these are the ramps you speak of?) and the pit was pretty much lodged in between. I stood in the corner of on of these extensions and the stage and it was a great view.

Hope this helps. Also, Charlotte Coldplayers: Are we going to be nice and hold each others spots if one of us needs to use the bathroom or grab a drink? In Atlanta this worked perfect. And what time did we decide to line up to get in? I want front and center this time :laugh3:

In between the ramps? I'm not sure I understand that.

But I will be in the PIT as well... and it is all the way in the front. In the Atlanta show there were two mini extensions on both sides (maybe these are the ramps you speak of?) and the pit was pretty much lodged in between. I stood in the corner of on of these extensions and the stage and it was a great view.

Hope this helps. Also, Charlotte Coldplayers: Are we going to be nice and hold each others spots if one of us needs to use the bathroom or grab a drink? In Atlanta this worked perfect. And what time did we decide to line up to get in? I want front and center this time :laugh3:

Yeah that is what I meant I guess, I am planning on being there around 230 or so, if you guys suggest earlier then I will do that because I also want to be all front and center too.

I will be there as soon as possible. My flight arrives around 11. I will probably grab lunch, go to a gas station and buy a foam cooler and get a couple of "beverages", and go to the venue. Hopefully I'm there by 2:30 and we can kill time Catfish.

By the way, I will be wearing the London Yellow Shirt, so I will be easy to spot. I believe my girlfriend or sister (do not know who is joining me yet) will be as well. I was thinking about wearing VLV suits like the guys, but it may just be to damn hot.

Also... It will by my birthday!!! :jester: Great place to spend it!

I will be there as soon as possible. My flight arrives around 11. I will probably grab lunch, go to a gas station and buy a foam cooler and get a couple of "beverages", and go to the venue. Hopefully I'm there by 2:30 and we can kill time Catfish.

By the way, I will be wearing the London Yellow Shirt, so I will be easy to spot. I believe my girlfriend or sister (do not know who is joining me yet) will be as well. I was thinking about wearing VLV suits like the guys, but it may just be to damn hot.

Also... It will by my birthday!!! :jester: Great place to spend it!

Oh, man...I am so freaking tempted to come to this show or to Tampa. All the way from California. I saw them twice last weekend and I *need* to see them once more. We have enough United miles for a free ticket...sigh...I need to convice my husband that I need a mini vacation. lol And I would definitely want Pit tickets. Hmmm, what to do...

That's kind of what I'm thinking. Thanks for the confirmation on Coldplay's stance.

All my lenses are single focal length lenses, so it looks even more "amateurish" I would think. I'll be slightly stage left beside SB area. So I want to at least have a 105mm but was thinking about either my 135mm or my 180 as a secondary. I really really want to bring my real camera there....this is the kind of photography I've been wanting to do for a while.

I smuggled in my Nikon D40 with my detached 55-200mm zoom last weekend to Verizon here in Irvine. It was in the bottom of my purse with a water bottle, tickets, wallet, and other assorted stuff on top. No one said anything. It was so worth it to have my good camera, but i still left it on auto all night because I didn't want to spend time adjusting the settings. I'm not a great photographer, and am still learning, but it beat the hell out of my point and shoots. My pics are in my sig.

Oh, man...I am so freaking tempted to come to this show or to Tampa. All the way from California. I saw them twice last weekend and I *need* to see them once more. We have enough United miles for a free ticket...sigh...I need to convice my husband that I need a mini vacation. lol And I would definitely want Pit tickets. Hmmm, what to do...

After I had to dip out on the Irvine show, you now must come to Charlotte to make the Coldplay karma in the universe balanced!!

Ha ha.. don't know if that really made sense.

I will be staying in a hotel as well, as one person asked for hotels, but I'm not sure which one. My parents are going for their first show ever, and since I bought them the tickets, they are taking care of accommodations.

I am also looking for 2 more PIT tickets. Late in the game, I know, but it know looks as my sister and her b/f want to join the fun. Who am I to say they can't?

I am going to try to get there early. But I'll be driving all night, so it might be 2:30 or 3. My sister and her b/f will be on the lawn as well, and be with me I think. As mentioned earlier, hoping to bring a disposable cooler for the afternoon heat filled w/ some fun beverages :D

I'm starting to debate what time to get there. I want close, but it looks like by the looks of things, the pit barely has anyone in it when the gates open. If that's the case, is 2:30 to early? I need feedback :confused:

Also, you can see the stage well, since it's a small venue from the lawn. Also, be forewarned that they play a set in the lawn. Didn't mean to spoil, but it's good info to know.