✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

07-Aug-09: Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Charlotte, NC - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setli

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUMP!

I haven't got a ticket for this show.

I'm waiting to see if Oxfam asks for voluteers.

I emailed the oxfam people I knew of, and they said to find out if we can work there, we have to wait until it's a few months closer to the day...so nerve racking, since this is the only out of the 3 I'm planning on going to that I have tickets to. But I have faith.

about the glow sticks--what if we did purple (for violet hill), or a combo of a bunch of colors (but we'd all have the same ones)

is there a group of people meeting up to try to see/meet the band before the concert? like with posters and stuff? if not, we should do it , maybe it'd happen!! yay..

and does anyone know of any hotels pretty close to the venue? the website for the venue doesn't really give great info.

thanks..sorry this has a lot of stuff in the post, i've been a slacker from this thread for a while.

I emailed the oxfam people I knew of, and they said to find out if we can work there, we have to wait until it's a few months closer to the day...so nerve racking, since this is the only out of the 3 I'm planning on going to that I have tickets to. But I have faith.

about the glow sticks--what if we did purple (for violet hill), or a combo of a bunch of colors (but we'd all have the same ones)

is there a group of people meeting up to try to see/meet the band before the concert? like with posters and stuff? if not, we should do it , maybe it'd happen!! yay..

and does anyone know of any hotels pretty close to the venue? the website for the venue doesn't really give great info.

thanks..sorry this has a lot of stuff in the post, i've been a slacker from this thread for a while.

We could do purple AND yellow glowsticks..lol. And yes, I will definitely be there to try to see the band. We're looking at staying at a Quality Inn that is less than a mile away from the venue. Not for sure about that yet though.

Hi GreenEyes! Thanks for the info!

I have the same predicament. I got my ticket for Tampa, but I want to go to NC as well. I didn't want to buy tickets for the NC concerts since my summer plans are not concrete (i.e. summer job, summer classes, working on thesis).

Yeah, it's nerve-racking, but I think it's better to just be patient, don't worry :lol:

At the Tampa thread, everyone is up for the yellow glowsticks. So, I dunno if they want to do purple glowsticks too. But it could work to have 2 colors. On that thread, we started to speculate whether the band will stay at the Hard Rock Hotel, which is right next to the venue. I guess some will want to meet at the hotel, and others at the venue.

About Charlotte and Raleigh, if I get to go, I'll spend most of my time around the venue, like the crazy fangirl I am :laugh3:

We're looking at staying at a Quality Inn that is less than a mile away from the venue. Not for sure about that yet though.

I dont know if this makes sense: but when I'm searching for hotels, should I use Charlotte as the city or is there a 'closer' city to use..if you guys know what I mean. like the smaller cities or neighborhoods or w/e..

thanks for any help!

I dont know if this makes sense: but when I'm searching for hotels, should I use Charlotte as the city or is there a 'closer' city to use..if you guys know what I mean. like the smaller cities or neighborhoods or w/e..

thanks for any help!

I've been helping people to find hotels in Tampa, so I just google the venue, and then write "hotels" on the "search for nearby" box (or something like that).

thanks for any help!

I actually went to Priceline.com and typed in Charlotte, NC. Then there's an option that says find hotels near..and I picked the venue name. It'll give you a whole list of hotels and how far they are away from the venue.

• 2 weeks later...

hey everyone, I have to sell my Charlotte tickets since I bought Atlanta tickets, long story short & since I live in Atlanta.

Right now they're on sale on ebay, there are 2 of the $79 ones, and 1 of the $97 ones (my attempt at being close, but failed thanks to scalpers). I'm selling them for what me and my mom paid for them and it includes all the "convenience" fees...so if anyone doesn't have tickets and would like to buy these, let me know/go bid on them!

the two together: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=170313166497

the single ticket: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=170313168404

hey everyone, I have to sell my Charlotte tickets since I bought Atlanta tickets, long story short & since I live in Atlanta.

Right now they're on sale on ebay, there are 2 of the $79 ones, and 1 of the $97 ones (my attempt at being close, but failed thanks to scalpers). I'm selling them for what me and my mom paid for them and it includes all the "convenience" fees...so if anyone doesn't have tickets and would like to buy these, let me know/go bid on them!

the two together: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=170313166497

the single ticket: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=170313168404

did you have any luck selling them? i have 3 extra sets of 2 to charlotte and 1 extra set of 3 for atlanta that i need to sell, but was thinking of waiting closer to the concert. i didn't buy trying to make money, just kept finding better seats. and all that i have are pretty good seats.

I am going to wait until closer to the show and see if anything better comes up. I have had success with that in the past, and have actually gotten very close seats a day or two before shows. Ticketmaster is notorious for releasing great seats a week or a few days before a show, but I don't know about Live Nation. Their fees are RIDICULOUS, what about $30 in convenience fees/charges?? Parking used to be free at Verizon, and now they have even added $6 for that to each ticket!

I tried for tickets during the presale and the gen. sale, but nothing came up close. I may end up on the lawn. My daughter wants to see them SO BAD. I saw them last time they were here in Charlotte from the 15th row and it was AWESOME!!! I know I can never afford to pay scalper/broker charges, my husband has been out of work for a year now.....but if I can find a way, I want to be at this show SO BAD!

did you have any luck selling them? i have 3 extra sets of 2 to charlotte and 1 extra set of 3 for atlanta that i need to sell, but was thinking of waiting closer to the concert. i didn't buy trying to make money, just kept finding better seats. and all that i have are pretty good seats.

no luck, I think I'm going to wait until it's a bit closer to the date and stuff..

and I'm not selling my tickets to make money off of them, it's kind of tough to buy tickets to 2 different shows and not be broke..not to mention I don't live in Charlotte so in addition to the tickets if I keep them, I'd have to pay for gas and a hotel, and it's not easy for some as it is for others. So when they added the ATL date, it's easier to go when you live 15 minutes away.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Denise for the heads up!!

I just got a GA pit ticket. I was also able to pull up section 1, row J... 10th row, and not even all the way over on the side.

Unfortunately, I just bought a single in section 1, row S off of TicketsNow last week. Bad timing.

I have way too many extra tickets piling up. I don't want to get stuck with them. I may end up selling them at a loss, just to get rid of them.

Thanks Denise for the heads up!!

I just got a GA pit ticket. I was also able to pull up section 1, row J... 10th row, and not even all the way over on the side.

Unfortunately, I just bought a single in section 1, row S off of TicketsNow last week. Bad timing.

I have way too many extra tickets piling up. I don't want to get stuck with them. I may end up selling them at a loss, just to get rid of them.

You're welcome, I should sell my Mansfield tickets instead since I could go to just one of these two concerts, and I'd rather have my pit tix for this than lawn for Mansfield, and logistically speaking it's also better this way :D

I'm too used to GA so this has been a wonderful news for me..yay for the PIT :dance:

If anyone is looking for tickets to this show, I'm selling 2 tickets in section 14 row d, and then a single one in section 6. I got them before they added the Atlanta show, where I live.

If anyone is or knows some one who's interested, PM me.

I might start a thread for this..but I don't know if anyone would care