🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

[##CANCELLED - DISCUSSION PG138 ONWARDS] 09-Aug-09: Ford Amphitheatre, Tampa, FL

Hey all!

From what I saw earlier, some of you were talking about a general admission for the Pit? How does that work?!?! My three best friends and I got tickets that are in like row Y (and we ordered the very first day)..but under the shed, so thats good. But if we could get into the Pit that would be INSANE. We've seen them in Sunrise, and in West Palm :) They are truly the greatest!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But please let me know if there is any way we can get to the pit :)

the pit is sold out, but try stubhub & see what's there

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all!

From what I saw earlier, some of you were talking about a general admission for the Pit? How does that work?!?! My three best friends and I got tickets that are in like row Y (and we ordered the very first day)..but under the shed, so thats good. But if we could get into the Pit that would be INSANE. We've seen them in Sunrise, and in West Palm :) They are truly the greatest!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But please let me know if there is any way we can get to the pit :)

if your ticket has a sec.# and seat # thats where ya gotta go, they give people with GA tickets a wristband and they are the ones allowed in the pit, if this helps you.

TheAngie= Angie= Da PIT!

:dance:

melanieau=Mel=Oxfam then pit

That is up to my Chauffeur and landlord, Mel. Mel will have to get up early the next day because her child doesn't give a crap about our Coldplay obsession, she just wants some breakfast. :P

We'll have to take a vote :D

Sorry, you had to buy tickets specifically for the pit. Without a ticket and wristband, security won't let you down. Since you'll be with your best friends, you'll have a great time where ever you are.

Ah, yeah I just went onto livenation now, and I guess when we originally bought our tickets my friend didn't see the Click and Pick ...because our seats are full price and in the very back...but it's okay! It's Coldplay, and they're amazing wherever you are in the arena :)

I hope everyone has a wonderful time though! Is anyone else bringing posters or anything of that sort?

Dianne.... BODY SHOTS???? OMG what have I gotten myself into with you:laugh3:

My son is NOT going, so my neighbor Sylvia who is a great friend for yrs, is going, 1st Coldplay concert and she is pumped up, she is so excited!!!! Ya'll will love her!!! She is 45.

I just can't believe that we ordered on the very first day tickets came out and they gave us seats in the very back...when all of these amazing seats were open!!! We did beset available, and..well, I guess it doesn't pay to get them on the very first day then eh??

My son is NOT going, so my neighbor Sylvia who is a great friend for yrs, is going, 1st Coldplay concert and she is pumped up, she is so excited!!!! Ya'll will love her!!! She is 45.

Ha ha ha. A few years ago, a group of my neighbors went on a 3 day mom's only cruise to Mexico. We were in a bar, and my very conservative friend wanted to buy a round of shots for our table. So she told our waiter she wanted a round of poppers, thinking they were like slammers. Uh, not in that particular bar, they're not. Next thing I know, I was being pulled out of my chair and laid on a table. I about died, but we were all laughing so hard. My poor friend, she had no idea, and clarified what she really meant, before they pulled the next friend out of their chair.

Yay, for your friend. Is she going to sit with you or your daughter?

I just can't believe that we ordered on the very first day tickets came out and they gave us seats in the very back...when all of these amazing seats were open!!! We did beset available, and..well, I guess it doesn't pay to get them on the very first day then eh??

I hate when that happens. That's what I did last July, when tix went on sale for the 2nd night in Los Angeles. I was so worried that it would sell out fast, that I took whatever came up first. Now, I have 2 computers going, I have 2 livenation/ticketmaster accounts, and keep alternating between them to see if better seats come up.

I hate when that happens. That's what I did last July, when tix went on sale for the 2nd night in Los Angeles. I was so worried that it would sell out fast, that I took whatever came up first. Now, I have 2 computers going, I have 2 livenation/ticketmaster accounts, and keep alternating between them to see if better seats come up.

It's okay though, (not trying to brag) but the last two concerts I went to my seats were upgraded. So I'm thinking this time it will be a really nice experiance to see the entire show (and not just be staring at Guy the whole time...) haha :)

It's okay though, (not trying to brag) but the last two concerts I went to my seats were upgraded. So I'm thinking this time it will be a really nice experiance to see the entire show (and not just be staring at Guy the whole time...) haha :)

I think it's so cool that they upgrade. Bruce Springsteen does it too.

I think it's so cool that they upgrade. Bruce Springsteen does it too.

The first time it happened to us, my friends and I were screaming and crying and making so much noise that a security lady came over to make sure everything was okay...haha :)

But the best part was that we met the guy who gave us our upgraded seats at our second concert and we got to thank him and everything :)

Welcome to the club. Most of us had the same problem. We got PIT tikets later on. It is Live Nation common practice to release the best seats at the last minute :\

I might have 1 extra PIT ticket. Not sure yet.

yay!! first timer in the pit??!! she is going to have so much fun & never want to get seat tickets ever again!! :D

yay!! first timer in the pit??!! she is going to have so much fun & never want to get seat tickets ever again!! :D

Unfortunatly, I don't know if I am in the pit, not until 6pm Sunday, and if I am in the pit, I sure hope all you wonderful Coldplayers will squeeze hubby and me in, cause you'll be there before me.

My daughter (17) and my friend will be sitting in sec. 8.

oh yea oh yea!!!! my bad! we will definitely squeeze you in up front!! no worries about that!! anything for the winner/coldplayer!!! :D

so about the signs, I printed up 3 different kinds: "USA LOVES COLDPLAY!" "WE'LL SEE YOU SOON" and "THANKS FOR 14 MONTHS OF VIVA!"

I don't know how many I have total since they're in the other room ( and I'm too lazy to check really quickly) but I'll hand them out when we're lined up or once we get to the pit, whatever one. I was thinking we should hold them up before the scientist (but then only chris would see first) or between that and LiT ii....I'm not sure when the best time really to do it would be, but sometime near the end I would guess and when they all can see it! :)

Ok, so this is really strange. I was at livenation looking up something about the venue, and I checked to see what tickets are left. When I did click and pick, it only showed the last tier and the lawn; pit and all lower sections are sold out. But if you click Best Available, it brought up 2 tickets in Section 3, Row R. Sec. 3 is supposed to be the orchestra seats they removed for the large pit. And those tickets were $97.50 instead of the $104 for the pit. Isn't that weird?

My guess -- Most likely you have pit tix

Yeah those small dots with 4 seats to Orchestra 1 and 2 might be where I get to sit? Maybe..

I'm guessing you have pit tix, or at least in the lower seated sections. That is what most people win that I've heard of anyway. If you have to wait until you go to Will Call, you might have to keep your other tix as a back up though to be sure. I wonder if there is a way to call the Will Call office and find out what kind of tix you have.

Starfish42

Coldplay = Love

I'm guessing you have pit tix, or at least in the lower seated sections. That is what most people win that I've heard of anyway. If you have to wait until you go to Will Call, you might have to keep your other tix as a back up though to be sure. I wonder if there is a way to call the Will Call office and find out what kind of tix you have.

Starfish42

Coldplay = Love

Hmm, how odd is that. The only way you see those 3 little dots is if you zoom way in on the click and pick option, and they are just behind the pit. It looks like they added those 3 sections of seats that are probably just a couple of rows. That must be what they are calling Orchestra 3. We'll see in 2 more days!

Hmm, how odd is that. The only way you see those 3 little dots is if you zoom way in on the click and pick option, and they are just behind the pit. It looks like they added those 3 sections of seats that are probably just a couple of rows. That must be what they are calling Orchestra 3. We'll see in 2 more days!

BTW, glad a fellow Californian is still awake in this forum... while the East Coast sleeps... though I will be in bed soon too.

I wonder if that's why there are orchestra seats still available... people don't notice the little dots unless they zoom, and most would not know to do that. That would be lucky for those who find them, assuming they are seats with good views. Anyway, it's a good sign that this show might be sold out by Sunday, or at least the lower sections will.

Right hand sec. Orchestra 1 has 31 seats remaining, and orch. sec. 3 has 5. Funny that LiveNation is charging almost $7 more to stand in the pit than to sit right behind it. At the show I attended, the tix were the same price, but the pit was changed from GA to assigned seats with chairs, even though everyone in the pit was standing the whole time. I myself would like the chairs to help keep people from crowding and pushing towards the front, which can be very unpleasant and dangerous, and it makes it easier to see if people are more spread out and not all packed together.

IM GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so I just woke up & had this dream that I forgot about the concert, and got there late, but somehow ended up in the front surrounded by you guys in the pit! and I had no memory about anything earlier that day & didn't know if we were friends or not. and during lovers in japan, chris martin was lying on the stage right in front of me and pulled me in and I was like on top of him. and when I jumped back into the pit I turned around and we all screamed and jumped up and down.:laugh3: and then I woke up

I think I'm worrying about the pit too much...but all I want is to be inches from chris martin. arg:confused:

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so I just woke up & had this dream that I forgot about the concert, and got there late, but somehow ended up in the front surrounded by you guys in the pit! and I had no memory about anything earlier that day & didn't know if we were friends or not. and during lovers in japan, chris martin was lying on the stage right in front of me and pulled me in and I was like on top of him. and when I jumped back into the pit I turned around and we all screamed and jumped up and down.:laugh3: and then I woke up

I think I'm worrying about the pit too much...but all I want is to be inches from chris martin. arg:confused:

Well, we will have to share the Man then,(big chris Lover):D I have been laying in bed at night trying to fall asleep and just thinking of all the stuff thats gonna happen during that day:lol:

Starfish42

Coldplay = Love

Well Will Call won't have the Bands List until 6pm on the 9th, so I have to rely on Arlene saying they would be great seats:)

Dianne, Yeah I check that venue site everyday just seeing if it is getting filled up, and instead of live nation I went to the Ford Amp site and pulled up a really cool Blue looking map of the venue and it was more detailed than Live Nations, I can see those dots too.