✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

North American Tour 2009 - Support Acts announced (New Acts added: 31-Mar)

HELL YEAA

snow patrol!!!!!

cant wait until june 21!!

I second that!!! Snow Patrol followed by Coldplay! Gary Lightbody and Chris Martin, two of the best Alt. Rock front men!

I have been waiting since October for Snow Patrol to play Vancouver, but now I get them and Coldplay. Life gets better everyday!

Snow Patrol isnt that big in North America. I also think they are opening cause it may be more profitable to open with Coldplay, then put a show on themselves. I dont mind them using Coldplays stage!

peteyorn.jpg More North America supports announced

March 31, 2009 11:02 am

Pete Yorn and Howling Bells complete the list

news_line.png

Good morning. Following yesterday's news that Snow Patrol will be playing with Coldplay in June, we can now announce that singer-songwriter Pete Yorn will be the main support for the shows between 15th May and 4th June. It's also been confirmed that indie-rockers Howling Bells will open from 15th to 21st May. The final list of North American supports is thus as follows (click an artist's name to visit their websites):

Opening act

Howling Bells: May 15th- 21st

Kitty, Daisy & Lewis: July 10th- August 9th

Main support

Pete Yorn: May 15th- June 4th

Snow Patrol: June 5th- 21st

Amadou & Mariam: July 10th- July 24th

Elbow: July 25th- August 9th

_________

I'm going to at least one show during each period, so I'll get to see all of them. :D

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

what wierd openers for Southern California

Why is Coldplay having such a weird opening band, this doesn't even fly in SoCal as an opener. do they just expect everyone to arrive late?

Snow Patrol[/url] to support in North America on June leg of tour [/b]

Good afternoon. We're pleased to announce that Coldplay's main support for the North American shows between June 5th and June 21st will be Snow Patrol, a band from Northern Ireland and Scotland who offer a fine line in big, heartfelt tunes. Click here to check out the band's official site.

Anchorman

-------------------------------

Good evening. We're pleased to reveal that the support acts for the new North American dates are as follows...

Amadou & Mariam

From Portland (10th July) to Maryland Heights, MO (24th July)

Elbow

From East Troy, WI (25th July) to Tampa, FL (9th August)

Kitty, Daisy & Lewis

For the entire tour, as the opening act

Ace.

Anchorman

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=300

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More North America supports announced

March 31, 2009 11:02 am

Pete Yorn and Howling Bells complete the list

Good morning. Following yesterday's news that Snow Patrol will be playing with Coldplay in June, we can now announce that singer-songwriter Pete Yorn will be the main support for the shows between 15th May and 4th June. It's also been confirmed that indie-rockers Howling Bells will open from 15th to 21st May. The final list of North American supports is thus as follows (click an artist's name to visit their websites):

Opening act

Howling Bells: May 15th- 21st

Kitty, Daisy & Lewis: July 10th- August 9th

Main support

Pete Yorn: May 15th- June 4th

Snow Patrol: June 5th- 21st

Amadou & Mariam: July 10th- July 24th

Elbow: July 25th- August 9th

Anchorman

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=373