✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

North American Tour 2009 - Support Acts announced (New Acts added: 31-Mar)

Snow Patrol to support in North America on June leg of tour

Good afternoon. We're pleased to announce that Coldplay's main support for the North American shows between June 5th and June 21st will be Snow Patrol, a band from Northern Ireland and Scotland who offer a fine line in big, heartfelt tunes. Click here to check out the band's official site.

Anchorman

-------------------------------

Good evening. We're pleased to reveal that the support acts for the new North American dates are as follows...

Amadou & Mariam

From Portland (10th July) to Maryland Heights, MO (24th July)

Elbow

From East Troy, WI (25th July) to Tampa, FL (9th August)

Kitty, Daisy & Lewis

For the entire tour, as the opening act

Ace.

Anchorman

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=300

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More North America supports announced

March 31, 2009 11:02 am

Pete Yorn and Howling Bells complete the list

Good morning. Following yesterday's news that Snow Patrol will be playing with Coldplay in June, we can now announce that singer-songwriter Pete Yorn will be the main support for the shows between 15th May and 4th June. It's also been confirmed that indie-rockers Howling Bells will open from 15th to 21st May. The final list of North American supports is thus as follows (click an artist's name to visit their websites):

Opening act

Howling Bells: May 15th- 21st

Kitty, Daisy & Lewis: July 10th- August 9th

Main support

Pete Yorn: May 15th- June 4th

Snow Patrol: June 5th- 21st

Amadou & Mariam: July 10th- July 24th

Elbow: July 25th- August 9th

Anchorman

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=373

Anchorman timed his announcement very well :D its my day off today coz I'm working the weekend, so I stuck up an article on the main site, added the threads in here, and added the pages to Wiki. Then I got too cold so went and did some cleaning :laugh3:

Now I'm back to add the dates to the Photo Gallery & Calendar :)

And if I'd been working, I wouldn't have been able to do any of it. Its a little bit busy at work coz of some white stuff that seems to have taken the Government by surprise :laugh3:

Guest kmm1482

I can't believe my two favorite bands in ONE night! I really really really really have to go to this! Let's see... from Ohio to Wisconsin..... hmmmmm....

Yay, I can't wait. I'm gonna follow them from San Diego to Carson! I'd do Frisco too but that's way too far and out of my expense allowance = X

I was gonna try and meet them today at the Convention Center in Downtown Los Angeles but parking there is SOOOOOO expensive that I'm probably just gonna skip it and follow them around in July. I'd gotta make some sacficices. Although I am still gonna try to watch them walk the red carpet tomorrow @ the Grammy's! *crosses fingers*

North American support acts announced

North America support acts announced

February 6, 2009 5:55 pm

Opening acts for US and Canada shows revealed

news_line.png

Good evening. We're pleased to reveal that the support acts for the new North American dates are as follows...

Amadou & Mariam

From Portland (10th July) to Maryland Heights, MO (24th July)

Elbow

From East Troy, WI (25th July) to Tampa, FL (9th August)

Kitty, Daisy & Lewis

For the entire tour, as the opening act

Ace.

Anchorman

OK Mel now I have to come to Tampa so I can see Elbow. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Amadou & Mariam Announce North American Tour; Join Coldplay in July

amadou-mariam-2009-youri-lenquette-sq-pattern.jpg

Amadou & Mariam, whose latest album, Welcome to Mali, is slated for a US release on Nonesuch next month (Washington Post rock critic J. Freedom du Lac exclaims: "Best thing I've heard this year."), have just finalized their North American summer tour. The Malian couple will headline six shows in the US and Canada starting with a June 2 show at Chicago's Park West and stopping in Toronto, Montreal, Boston, and New York, with a final show at the Birchmere in Alexandria, Virginia, on June 10.

But the show doesn't end there. Amadou & Mariam have also been tapped to join Coldplay for two weeks of the British band's own US tour. The duo support Coldplay for two weeks, from the July 10 show at the Amphitheater at Clark County, just across the Washington state line from Portland, Oregon, through the July 24 show at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater in Maryland Heights, Missouri.

This isn't the first touch of Britpop tied to the pair's latest project. Damon Albarn, of Blur and Gorillaz fame, among others, appears on Welcome to Mali as producer of its opening track, "Sabali," on which he also contributes programming, bass, keyboards, and backing vocals; and on the second album track, "Ce n'est pas bon," playing keyboards.

Welcome to Mali was released last November in the UK to great critical acclaim, taking the top spot on Metacritic's as the best-reviewed album of 2008. Both Observer Music Monthly and Uncut give the album a perfect five stars, and Pitchfork gives it an 8.4, stating: "'Inevitable' is a pretty good word for the stardom of Amadou & Mariam. People this amazingly talented and open to new sounds and ideas rarely remain obscure, especially after so many years honing their craft and building their catalog."

For the full list of Amadou & Mariam's North American tour dates and venues, visit http://www.nonesuch.com/on-tour.

Source: http://nonesuch.com/

• 1 month later...

Snow Patrol to support in North America

Snow Patrol to support in North America

March 30, 2009 4:28 pm

Band to support on June leg of tour

Good afternoon. We're pleased to announce that Coldplay's main support for the North American shows between June 5th and June 21st will be Snow Patrol, a band from Northern Ireland and Scotland who offer a fine line in big, heartfelt tunes. Click here to check out the band's official site.

Anchorman

Frick. Snow Patrol opening for both Coldplay and U2, and my location's not getting either of them. :( Heck, I'd also take Elbow over Miriam & Whoever.

You June show folks have a blast, though. I really hope Snow Patrol does a regular tour over here.