✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

14-Jul-09: Sleep Train Amphitheater, Sacramento, CA - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists,

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you!

"Glass Of Water" * I love replaying from 3:01 till the end!!!!!!

I'd like to thank you, too, for posting this and the other videos, but especially Glass of Water! I loved Chris' performance of this song and was looking for a video of it. He seemed to put a lot of his personality and heart into singing this song. I just love it.

This song sounds as if it's written for his son, Moses (love that name! I think it says something about Chris' character to name him that.) I heard him say in an interview that this was his favorite Coldplay song.

Also, for DAAHF. I'm completely addicted to listening to that song. It is so sweet and powerful.

Starfish42

Coldplay = Love

I'd like to thank you, too, for posting this and the other videos, but especially Glass of Water! I loved Chris' performance of this song and was looking for a video of it. He seemed to put a lot of his personality and heart into singing this song. I just love it.

This song sounds as if it's written for his son, Moses (love that name! I think it says something about Chris' character to name him that.) I heard him say in an interview that this was his favorite Coldplay song.

Also, for DAAHF. I'm completely addicted to listening to that song. It is so sweet and powerful.

Starfish42

Coldplay = Love

you are very welcome!!

im glad you liked the vids!!

Ha, that's a funny one Duran. :laugh3: I forgot all of that, and these great videos help stimulate my memory!

That playlist is awesome Starfish. For the oddest reason I'm having a lot of trouble uploading my videos. I don't think I'll be able to get them. :( But I'll definitely keep checking the playlist!

Ha, that's a funny one Duran. :laugh3: I forgot all of that, and these great videos help stimulate my memory!

That playlist is awesome Starfish. For the oddest reason I'm having a lot of trouble uploading my videos. I don't think I'll be able to get them. :( But I'll definitely keep checking the playlist!

Thinline:

After listening and watching the video more, I think "42" deserves a place in the top 5. Chris' vocals are awesome, and when the fast part of the song starts, Chris gets up from the piano and begins dancing furiously to the music before he picks up his guitar for the "Well, you might be a ghost" part of the song. There was one clip that showed Chris' moves clearly, but I can't find the clip now. I will post it when I do. It is one of the best examples of Chris remarkable dancing skills and his excellent physical conditioning. I'd love to know his workout/exercise routine. A few years ago, he said he gets up at 4 AM and does the Chuck Norris workout but I think he was joking because he was on tour and he most likely would not rise at 4 AM the morning after a concert! I think he was spoofing on American culture when he said that!

Starfish42

Coldplay = Love

Oh god, he made a Chuck Norris joke :lol:

I rememeber seeing him do those jackknife sit-ups in the 2003 DVD. Those are hard as HELL. He's got such an abundance of energy though, it's so contagious. That's why he's such a joy to watch -- it's like he's a kid up there!

Yeah, I also read on the Oracle that he used to run before shows to burn off energy, but now he doesn't have to in bigger venues. I'd like to see him do those sit-ups though!

Great pictures, CP! It looks like he got buried too! Man, all those butterflies falling.....did anyone else grab a bunch besides me?

Geez Starfish, you should revise your favorites list, you keep changing it. :P I thought the video was good, and liked the Viva and butterfly scene. However, do you guys know what it had to do with Coldplay? Chris did a good job as a superhero, but I was wondering what it had to do with the band. :)

...Geez Starfish, you should revise your favorites list, you keep changing it. :P...

It's like the movie "Sophie's Choice," where the Nazis force Meryl Streep to choose which of her two children can live and which has to die. In a panic, she says, "Here, take the girl," whom she is holding and and hands her over to the Germans to be killed, the girl screaming in fear. Sophie lives the rest of her life regretting that. It's hard to leave some of Coldplay's songs out of a favorites list because they all represent something precious of Coldplay.

BTW, regarding my username, Starfish, I was reading the Timeline on Coldplay's website http://www.coldplay.com/timeline.php which says:

16/1/98 – The One and Only Starfish Gig – Despite only having been in the band a few days, Will organized our first gig in the Laurel Tree. Unfortunately, we had no name and in a panic chose Starfish. The gig went ok, although we played one song twice – not a good idea. JB

(Click 1998, then the TV icon, then click to play the video for Coldplay's firsthand explanation in their own voices.) Interestingly, the club was filled and there was a line of people waiting down the block. They had mass appeal from their earliest days. But the timeline says that they lost a demo competition on XFM radio to another band and that they secretly admired that band's song.

To me, they would have been just as great with the name Starfish! A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. That's why I picked it as my username, but I hadn't realized that they only played one gig under that name, :shocked2: so I might change my name. :\

Starfish42

Coldplay = Love

1998_01_16_JB.jpg

It's like the movie "Sophie's Choice," where the Nazis force Meryl Streep to choose which of her two children can live and which has to die. In a panic, she says, "Here, take the girl," whom she is holding and and hands her over to the Germans to be killed, the girl screaming in fear. Sophie lives the rest of her life regretting that. It's hard to leave some of Coldplay's songs out of a favorites list because they all represent something precious of Coldplay.

BTW, regarding my username, Starfish, I was reading the Timeline on Coldplay's website http://www.coldplay.com/timeline.php which says:

16/1/98 – The One and Only Starfish Gig – Despite only having been in the band a few days, Will organized our first gig in the Laurel Tree. Unfortunately, we had no name and in a panic chose Starfish. The gig went ok, although we played one song twice – not a good idea. JB

(Click 1998, then the TV icon, then click to play the video for Coldplay's firsthand explanation in their own voices.) Interestingly, the club was filled and there was a line of people waiting down the block. They had mass appeal from their earliest days. But the timeline says that they lost a demo competition on XFM radio to another band and that they secretly admired that band's song.

To me, they would have been just as great with the name Starfish! A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. That's why I picked it as my username, but I hadn't realized that they only played one gig under that name, :shocked2: so I might change my name. :\

Starfish42

Coldplay = Love

1998_01_16_JB.jpg

No, don't change your name! :shocked2: I like it way too much!

Well, my username is based on the Fender Thinline Telecaster. Jonny Buckland owns a few, including his famous guitars with Viva painted on them. The Viva guitars are Vintage '72s, I believe.

Viva La Vida

Politik

DAAHF

Glass of water

My top favorites and why:

1. Viva La Vida - Coldplay's "Magnum Opus"

2. Lost - Chris' dancing

3. Strawberry Swing - "It's such a perfect day!... Could be blue, I don't mind, Without you it's a waste of time." Easy to dance to and "now my feet won't touch the ground!"

4. Lovers in Japan - Butterflies! and Chris' expression

5. 42 - Chris' spastic dancing before "Well, you might be a ghost."

6. Glass of Water - Chris' expression and heartfelt "realness"

7. DAAHF - Jonny's sad but loving guitar riff, brings tears to my eyes

8. In My Place/Politik - the bright flashing lights during the high energy parts "Yeaahhhh, how long must you wait for it?" and

"Open up your eyes."

"Give me strength, reserve control

Give me heart and give me soul

Wounds that heal and cracks that fix

Tell me your own politik

But give me love over, love over, love over this!"

9. Talk - Techno version - because I love this song so much!

10. LIT 1 - dramatic opening when we finally "see" Coldplay as large shadow images and LIT2, a prophetic, thought-provoking close

11. Escapist pre-opening and outro - a peaceful, inter-dimensional song about love and death (Tears.)

What a wonderful, magical night we shared with Coldplay on 7/14/09!

"Don't make me choose, don't make me choose!" [sophie's Choice.]

Starfis42

Coldplay = Love

lol Starfish, you can never choose! :lol: I can't judge you though, I loved all of them too!

My list:

1. Viva la Vida - For obvious reasons

2. Lovers in Japan - The butterflies, Chris's dancing, the video...all of it.

3. 42 - Chris's bug-eyes at the end and dancing were very memorable.

4. Yellow - Loved the balloons and Chris's singing to Jonny

5. Death and All of His Friends - Always loved Jonny's guitar solo, and it was nolstagic, realizing the concert was over

6. Life in Technicolor ii - The final song. Love that song.

Alright, keep posting your favorites, and I'll post the final list. :D

Thinline

:mudkip:

lol Starfish, you can never choose! :lol: I can't judge you though, I loved all of them too!

My list:

1. Viva la Vida - For obvious reasons

2. Lovers in Japan - The butterflies, Chris's dancing, the video...all of it.

3. 42 - Chris's bug-eyes at the end and dancing were very memorable.

4. Yellow - Loved the balloons and Chris's singing to Jonny

5. Death and All of His Friends - Always loved Jonny's guitar solo, and it was nolstagic, realizing the concert was over

6. Life in Technicolor ii - The final song. Love that song.

Alright, keep posting your favorites, and I'll post the final list. :D

Thinline

:mudkip:

Yeah, I just couldn't limit it to 5, but looks as if you went over too!

I just found another person who has posted four very good quality clips on Youtube.

My playlist is at http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=7278399C57085D21

Here is one of her videos:

In My Place

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-McHoUr_54]YouTube - Coldplay concert - in my place[/ame]

Starfish42

Coldplay = Love

A few of the best live clips of Coldplay ever

I have found some of THE best clips of a live concert that I've ever seen, some of which are in HD, no less. This is a link to her channel on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/austingirlmusicguide

She has a blog of her Coldplay experience at http://austingirlmusicguide.wordpress.com/

Starfish42

Coldplay = Love

Hey, I was pretty close to the person who filmed the 'In My Place' video! That's really good quality. And yeah, I know. I can no longer judge you. :(

Those videos are pretty good, though the sound's kinda distorted. But it's still really good. :D Are you going to any other concerts, Starfish?

Thinline

:mudkip: :guitarist: