✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

26-May-2009: Susquehanna Bank Center, Camden, NJ, USA

Months and months ago, my mother forwarded an email about an upcoming Coldplay concert to the rest of our family and asked whether anyone wanted to go (read: will anyone go with me?), and I said I was game without thinking much about it. She was buying, and I’m always up for a concert. Anyway, that was on Tuesday.

A very nice bonus was that Pete Yorn, whose musicforthemorningafter is one of my favorite albums ever, was opening. We ended up missing much of his set due to some navigational difficulties, but it was good to hear some old and new songs, and he said he’d be back in July.

I took a lot of pictures at varying levels of zoomingness and this is the least bad. He’s the one in the white blazer.

After some waiting, Coldplay came out. People are really into Coldplay, I learned. Lots of them. I don’t see many stadium shows, so I am always a little blown away by the sheer number of very excited people, as well as the lights and audiovisual happenings.

Totally serious production values. I think my favorite part was “Yellow;” many large balloons appeared out of nowhere and got bounced around the audience for the duration of the song. They all then disappeared as quickly and mysteriously as they arrived.

Visually very neat, but I suspect they did this mostly to keep the audience from getting bored; it’s a slow song, and off their first album and less likely to be known by the crowd. Meanwhile, I liked Coldplay quite a bit in the earlier half of this decade, but haven’t kept up with their later output. So, on my end, the setlist was as follows:

Song I didn’t know

Song I didn’t know

Clocks

In My Place

Yellow

Song I didn’t know

Song I didn’t know

Song I didn’t know

Song I didn’t know

Song I didn’t know

God Put a Smile Upon Your Face

Song I didn’t know

Song I didn’t know

Song I didn’t know

Viva la Vida, which I have only heard in that Apple commercial

We left at this point, but the internet indicates that the show went on for some time after that.

While I wouldn’t call myself a fan of the band today, I will certainly say that they are very good entertainers. Chris Martin in particular is athletic in the way he sings and plays the guitar while running and jumping all over the place.

The shows on the rest of my agenda won’t be as flashy, but I expect them to be more satisfying. Will keep you updated.

http://akisaokay.wordpress.com/2009/05/29/i-am-equally-ignorant-of-will-oldham-and-coldplay/

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping next summer if they put that new album out this year like they've claimed they will. If not, it looks like 2011, ugh.

I KNOW. :bigcry:!!

at hershey chris said "thanks a lot everyone, see you in a couple years!"

and i was like "a couple years?!?!? :uhoh: w...wait, come back!! :bigcry:!!"

guy3.jpg

chrissinging2.jpg

chrissinging.jpg

chrisguitarinair.jpg

Best night ever!!! I managed to get right up to the barricade in the PIT! During "Lovers in Japan," Chris reached down to shake my hand! This is the closest I've ever been. Anyone on here from NJ going to Mass in Aug to see them? I can't seem to find any friends willing to take off of work to go with... :cry: SOOOO, i'm going myself :lol:

Best night ever!!! I managed to get right up to the barricade in the PIT! During "Lovers in Japan," Chris reached down to shake my hand! This is the closest I've ever been. Anyone on here from NJ going to Mass in Aug to see them? I can't seem to find any friends willing to take off of work to go with... :cry: SOOOO, i'm going myself :lol:

yes.i was at this show and i'll be there in august. i'm actually at a hotel in pittsburgh right now. i was at the show tonight! it was super awesome. i got in for free cus i volunteered with oxfam? totally worth it. i basically got to go anywhere i wanted. i was in the pit, at the c state, and at the front of the stage in the lawn. super awesome show. i'm getting all my pics and videos together from both shows (i was in the pit at the camden show, up at the very front and center of everything, next to professa (i think?) and his dad.) i have some great shots and some AWESOME video. i'll post in a day or two. GO TO AS MANY SHOWS AS YOU CAN! i'm hitting up anything i can! totally worth it. even the cheap lawn seats.

but yeah, i and a bunch of friends will be in the pit at boston. hope to see some more of you guys there!

Some videos

I've never posted on these boards before but created an account because I thought you guys might enjoy these videos. I took a bunch of pictures as well and can put them online somewhere if anyone would be interested in seeing them.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

i have some great shots and some AWESOME video. i'll post in a day or two. GO TO AS MANY SHOWS AS YOU CAN! i'm hitting up anything i can! totally worth it. even the cheap lawn seats.

but yeah, i and a bunch of friends will be in the pit at boston. hope to see some more of you guys there!

I wish I could go to many concerts as well...

Glad that you had such a good time :dance: and I'm really looking forward to see your pics and videos!!

I've never posted on these boards before but created an account because I thought you guys might enjoy these videos. I took a bunch of pictures as well and can put them online somewhere if anyone would be interested in seeing them.

Welcome to coldplaying and I am very interested in seeing your pics! :)

Thanks for the videos!

Wellcome to coldplay friends!!!

Here you have a thread where you can show your pics and they are great wellcome, sure!!!!!

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95

I KNOW. :bigcry:!!

at hershey chris said "thanks a lot everyone, see you in a couple years!"

and i was like "a couple years?!?!? :uhoh: w...wait, come back!! :bigcry:!!"

and in camden when he said we've been here 3 times, so not we won't be back for awhile we all started booing

I think I'm having withdrawl from being in the pit.

Must. Go. To. Another. Show. STAT!!!!!

THEY.MUST.COME.BACK.

London? I want to come! I'm already upset about missing the Roskilde Festival in Denmark on July 4th after spending 4 months in Copenhagen!

Hey Joe! :)

Please find a ticket and come to London... it's gonna be one big meetup! Join us! :)

I totally wish I could, but I'll be starting my final semester at Clarkson Uni a few weeks before that date. If it was over the summer, I'd already be in London camping out! Have a great time and I can't wait to read all of the stories! Maybe I'll design a sign someone could hold up for me. I could have a picture of me on it :p

me too. that is why I am looking at flights to London right now.
Any idea what the skinny is on tickets to the show? I'm sure they're still available somewhere but for how much is the question. At this point I don't really care. I need one more fix!!! Seeing that final show @ Wembley would be soooo $$$$!!!

I found flight and hotel out of philly direct to london for $650/person (hotel not by wembley but near tube station). looks like tix for the show are about $120-$140 for GA. I am just figuring out who is coming with me right now.

Joe. wish you could come!

I found flight and hotel out of philly direct to london for $650/person (hotel not by wembley but near tube station). looks like tix for the show are about $120-$140 for GA. I am just figuring out who is coming with me right now.

Joe. wish you could come!

:dance: Great!! Do it! Do it!!

See you then!! :kiss: