✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

12-Jun-2009: Wells Fargo Arena, Des Moines, IA, USA

Amazing pix, Gianna.....fucking good, WOW!!!

That review makes me embarrassed for Iowa and our journalists, with all its blatant mistakes. So, I apologise in retrospect for not updating during the show, but my head was still reeling from meeting them all and then interviewing Will beforehand. I will post a proper update in a little while when I wake up. And post some pics. Have to post the vid on Mon when I haz better connection. Be patient please!

Can't wait! :D

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two unidentified men who appeared to be wearing concession-worker work clothes robbed Wells Fargo Arena concession employees at gunpoint late Friday night, report the Des Moines Register today.

The Des Moines arena was staging a concert by rock band Coldplay. Witnesses told police one of the men worked a different concession stand earlier in the evening. No arrests were made after the men left the area with an undisclosed amount of cash.

Witnesses said the men, wearing clothes labeled with the name of Wells Fargo concession company Ovations Food Service approached workers at a concession stand approximately 9:30 p.m. One pulled a small-caliber handgun and pointed it at workers, witnesses reported. He then demanded money, which he stuffed in a backpack, and also took a cell phone. The suspects left through side door of the arena generally not used by the public.

Arena officials were checking surveillance videos and working through lists of temporary workers to try to identify the men.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20090613/NEWS/90613003/-1/SPORTS12

:stunned: fuckin hell!

:wideeyed: All the pics are amazing :D

Two unidentified men who appeared to be wearing concession-worker work clothes robbed Wells Fargo Arena concession employees at gunpoint late Friday night, report the Des Moines Register today.

The Des Moines arena was staging a concert by rock band Coldplay. Witnesses told police one of the men worked a different concession stand earlier in the evening. No arrests were made after the men left the area with an undisclosed amount of cash.

Witnesses said the men, wearing clothes labeled with the name of Wells Fargo concession company Ovations Food Service approached workers at a concession stand approximately 9:30 p.m. One pulled a small-caliber handgun and pointed it at workers, witnesses reported. He then demanded money, which he stuffed in a backpack, and also took a cell phone. The suspects left through side door of the arena generally not used by the public.

Arena officials were checking surveillance videos and working through lists of temporary workers to try to identify the men.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20090613/NEWS/90613003/-1/SPORTS12

:stunned:

OMG! Just got back! I loved everything about this concert! The crowd was AMAZING! (Crowd) was better than any concert I've been to and that says something!

I worked with Oxfam tonight and just expected to enjoy Coldplay from the Nosebleeds. BUT NO!!!! I was 10TH ROW CENTER!!! Omg sooooo goood! Thank you so much Soha!

I'm really tired after a 5 hour drive back to Chicago so I'll do my full review and PICTURES tomorrow sometime.

BUT let me just say Will wore a BLACK shirt (officially a fangirl now) and Jonny was his dancey self complete with the short-sleeved shirt! PLUS Chris had on a new V shirt!

Yay Gianna! So glad you had a great time! And Jonny was dancey! :blush: Squee! :dance::dance::dance:

I was at this show!

It was the best night of my life.

I had seen them once before in Minnesota last fall- but this totally took the cake.

Why was it sooo good, you ask?!

1.) it's Coldplay- DUH! : )

2.) I got handed front row center tickets!!! I went from being in the nosebleeds- sec302-row k- the last row- to the center row 3. When we got down there we found out that row3 center= FRONT ROW... HOLY CRAP. What an amazing experience!

Ohhhhhkay. Review time. I got into Des Moines at about 3:30 and kind of drove around for a bit. At 4, I parked and had a nice long walk to the venue in the POURING rain:veryangry2:. I was soaked for the rest of the night but I got over myself because its COLDPLAY!

I went to this show because I volunteered with Oxfam (an amazing organization and I strongly suggest you volunteer at a show at least once)! I ended up getting the most signatures which was awesome! I got an Oxfam/Coldplay shirt! Here is our awesome group!

DSCN0744.jpg

Everyone say hi to Soha if you see her! She's the one in the yellow pants! She's an awesome and so fun to talk to!

After we were done going around asking the concertgoers to sign our petition we met back at the Oxfam table to get our tickets. Soha told us that she got us really great seats. I thought, 'Sweet! Hopefully we'll be in the 200s instead of the 300s!' NOPE. She got us Row 10 Seats in the CENTER section. When we got to our seats, we were dead even with the end of the ramps! SO CLOSE!

Coldplay finally got on at 9:15. They were ON too! Jonny was so dancey, Will was pounding the shit out of the drums, Chris was all over the place, and Guy even had an extra bounce in his step! The highlights of the evening for me 42 (with Chris hitting that ridiculous note at the end, the cheeky bastard!), when Chris caressed Guy's head during In My Place:bomb::sneaky:, and I'm a Believer (when I heard GUY'S ANGELIC VOICE FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!!!! :bomb: ). But what really made this night amazing was the crowd. They were all really into it. Even the corporate mofos were out of their skybox seats dancing!

Overall, it was a fantastic night! And it was Dan Green's 30th birthday! Happy belated birthday Dan! For those of you who don't know, Dan is Coldplay's sound engineer who has been with them since the beginning! I got a wave from Rick (Liz and I's roadie buddy) and said hi to Phil one of the camera men when he was roaming the halls before the concert!

DSCN0745.jpg

That's Phil and Rick is the one holding the curtain that's been cut off by my camera.

I didnt take any video because my camera fails at it so you're stuck with my pictures:laugh3:

Here are some of my favorites:

DSCN0752.jpg

DSCN0766.jpg

DSCN0768.jpg

DSCN0776.jpg

DSCN0788.jpg

DSCN0791.jpg

:bomb:

STOP IT!!! YOU`RE KILLING MY PC:computer::whip:...and.....ME!:wideeyed::drunk::bigcry::dead:

i`m deff a Chrissy girl, but i don`t know which to drool over first...all the boys look amazing in those pics!:bigcry:

:clap::thumbsup:Great job! thanks for sharing these!!