✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

12-Jun-2009: Wells Fargo Arena, Des Moines, IA, USA

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, here are my photos from the show, kidlets! Sorry it's taken so long to do a proper update, but I still can't really process it all. So, a rep from Capitol came and got us and we waited downstairs. And we waited. And finally Jackie (the lady with the afro) came and got us and took us into the friends and family room. And then in walks Guy. And then Chris. And then Jonny. Then Will. I'm sure my mouth fell open at that point :lol:

I was so humbled by how humble they are. They are the most down-to-earth guys you'll ever want to meet and Will was such a gentleman during our interview.

Which is here: (sorry bout the sound.....you'll probably have to crank it cos the lady who was shooting was too far away and our voices had nothing to bounce off of)

And here are my pics from the pre-show and during the show. We had decent seats, but my camera doesn't work well from so far back. Still, I hope you enjoy. http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=746437017/a=5454539_5454539/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Thanks so much to everyone else who posted photos. They are AMAZING!

Awww he seems so nice !

Really congrats for your self-control, it doesn't seem at all that you're talking to Coldplay's drummer !:stunned:

So, here are my photos from the show, kidlets! Sorry it's taken so long to do a proper update, but I still can't really process it all. So, a rep from Capitol came and got us and we waited downstairs. And we waited. And finally Jackie (the lady with the afro) came and got us and took us into the friends and family room. And then in walks Guy. And then Chris. And then Jonny. Then Will. I'm sure my mouth fell open at that point :lol:

I was so humbled by how humble they are. They are the most down-to-earth guys you'll ever want to meet and Will was such a gentleman during our interview.

Which is here: (sorry bout the sound.....you'll probably have to crank it cos the lady who was shooting was too far away and our voices had nothing to bounce off of)

And here are my pics from the pre-show and during the show. We had decent seats, but my camera doesn't work well from so far back. Still, I hope you enjoy. http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=746437017/a=5454539_5454539/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Hey Glastra...congrats for meeting all the boys..Must be one of the best experiences ever :nice:

I like the way you interviewed Will..You sounded so calm and didnt make a fool of yourself like I probably will...LOL.

Good interview..Glad you won it ;)

OK GIANNA!!! YOU NEED TO GO TO EVERY SINGLE COLDPLAY SHOW EVA! and i need to come with u too!:sneaky:

LOOKED AT ALL THE PICS............MY FACE WAS = :o + :dead: + :dizzy2: the entire time! :dead:!

Ohhhhhkay. Review time. I got into Des Moines at about 3:30 and kind of drove around for a bit. At 4, I parked and had a nice long walk to the venue in the POURING rain:veryangry2:. I was soaked for the rest of the night but I got over myself because its COLDPLAY!

I went to this show because I volunteered with Oxfam (an amazing organization and I strongly suggest you volunteer at a show at least once)! I ended up getting the most signatures which was awesome! I got an Oxfam/Coldplay shirt! Here is our awesome group!

DSCN0744.jpg

Everyone say hi to Soha if you see her! She's the one in the yellow pants! She's an awesome and so fun to talk to!

After we were done going around asking the concertgoers to sign our petition we met back at the Oxfam table to get our tickets. Soha told us that she got us really great seats. I thought, 'Sweet! Hopefully we'll be in the 200s instead of the 300s!' NOPE. She got us Row 10 Seats in the CENTER section. When we got to our seats, we were dead even with the end of the ramps! SO CLOSE!

Coldplay finally got on at 9:15. They were ON too! Jonny was so dancey, Will was pounding the shit out of the drums, Chris was all over the place, and Guy even had an extra bounce in his step! The highlights of the evening for me 42 (with Chris hitting that ridiculous note at the end, the cheeky bastard!), when Chris caressed Guy's head during In My Place:bomb::sneaky:, and I'm a Believer (when I heard GUY'S ANGELIC VOICE FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!!!! :bomb: ). But what really made this night amazing was the crowd. They were all really into it. Even the corporate mofos were out of their skybox seats dancing!

Overall, it was a fantastic night! And it was Dan Green's 30th birthday! Happy belated birthday Dan! For those of you who don't know, Dan is Coldplay's sound engineer who has been with them since the beginning! I got a wave from Rick (Liz and I's roadie buddy) and said hi to Phil one of the camera men when he was roaming the halls before the concert!

DSCN0745.jpg

That's Phil and Rick is the one holding the curtain that's been cut off by my camera.

I didnt take any video because my camera fails at it so you're stuck with my pictures:laugh3:

]

IM SO EXITED THAT ROADIE RICK RECOGNIZED YOU AGAIN :dance: :dance: AHHH i wuv him he is such the best roadie buddy of ours! :hug: :pleased:

thats so great volunteering with Oxfam was a great experience for u too! :D i want to volunteer at a future show sometime too!

nice butterfly shirt too missy! :blush:

glad to know the boys all seemed in a good mood and all "dancy" :lol:

DSCN1045.jpg

DSCN1046.jpg

DSCN1049.jpg

DSCN1050.jpg

I know the kind of thoughts that are going through Lori, Mel, and Angie's minds when they look at this picture:laugh3::sneaky:

DSCN1051.jpg

DSCN1052.jpg

DSCN1055.jpg

DSCN1056.jpg

DSCN1057.jpg

DSCN1063.jpg

DSCN1064.jpg

Wishing Dan a Happy Birthday!

DSCN1065.jpg

DSCN1066.jpg

"There he is!"

DSCN1067.jpg

DSCN1071.jpg

For LIZ!!!:D

DSCN1089.jpg

ANNND that's it. If you wanna take a look at the rest of my pics, here's the link:

http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c383/Gianna_Logston/Coldplay/Des%20Moines/

I hope you enjoyed them!

AHHH :bomb: thank you for my picture dearest! :kiss:

your pics turned out FABULOUS as always! :wacky: Chris looks esp. yummy to me in these :wideeyed: is that some extra Chrissy - scruff i see on his face!? :wideeyed:

and the Guy pics too! :sweatdrop: you must explain this "Chris carressing Guy's head" more to me tho! :laugh3: it sounds hilarious......:sneaky::wink3:

Will and Jonny too!:sweatdrop: DAMN!! seriously u need to go to EVERY coldplay show! :bomb:

so happy you had a wonderful time! :wacky: :hug:

AHHH congrats :dance: will is so nice and down to earth :wacky: he is SO great! OMG!! :bomb:

so u met all 4 of the boys but only Will did the interview am i right? what did you say to them or them say to u when u met all 4 of them at the beginning?

thanks again and congrats on winning that competition! :dance:

I wanted to write this sooner but I didn’t get a chance. The show was GREAT! They sounded wonderful. You could feel the music moving through your body and energizing you. We were way up in the 304s, but even though we were way up high we were still able to see pretty well. We saw 2 girls get upgraded. They had no idea what was coming when the roadie sat down next to them. They looked shocked as he walked them down to the front. They were way at the back of our section, against the wall, so they had really bad seats. We tried to get the roadies attention but no luck. I was happy that the crowd was loud and singing along. I lost my voice from singing so loud. The b stage was the closest we got, it was directly under us. It is so nice that they move around and set up in different places so that if you have bad seats you will eventually get to see them closer. The butterfly confetti is amazing, as was everything else! On the way out we got some butterflies from the section below us and LRLRL with no problems. Thanks Coldplay for an amazing night!

Glastra: Your interview was really good! I would have been too nervous to talk.

Gianna: Thanks for your great pics!

Gianna!!! You killed it with the piccies girl :dead: Liz is right you need to go to EVERY Coldplay show PERIOD!!!

Glastra, great interview, Will is SO amazing and down to earth :dance:

Perrine Gianna uses a Nikon Coolpix P80!! I gotta get one pronto!! :D

AHHH congrats :dance: will is so nice and down to earth :wacky: he is SO great! OMG!! :bomb:

so u met all 4 of the boys but only Will did the interview am i right? what did you say to them or them say to u when u met all 4 of them at the beginning?

thanks again and congrats on winning that competition! :dance:

Thanks! Yeah, he totally is. And yes, we met them all, but Will only stayed for the interview. When they walked in, though, they came over and shook our hands and gave the standard, "Hi, I'm.....nice to meet you"......then Chris started asking us about how we thought the crowd would be, since they'd not been there before. I told him we'd show them love and let them know they were appreciated. And we definitely did. He also asked what our sports teams were. And what state we were called (The Hawkeye State...."Like a hawk's eye?" :lol:)

We told them about the Winefest, which he mentioned during the show and was brought up in the Register review. It was just general chatty sort of stuff, nothing earth shattering.

It's gotta be just as awkward for them as it was for us, but they still made us feel very welcome and at ease. :D

Thanks !

Wow, it's quite big ! Those kind of cameras are not allowed at most of the shows :\

actually most US venues do let us have cameras like that as long as their isnt a detachable lens! and this one doesnt have a detachable lens ;) plus Gianna said the one time she had a problem she kept argueing with them and they finally got tired of her and let her through with it!:P

Thanks! Yeah, he totally is. And yes, we met them all, but Will only stayed for the interview. When they walked in, though, they came over and shook our hands and gave the standard, "Hi, I'm.....nice to meet you"......then Chris started asking us about how we thought the crowd would be, since they'd not been there before. I told him we'd show them love and let them know they were appreciated. And we definitely did. He also asked what our sports teams were. And what state we were called (The Hawkeye State...."Like a hawk's eye?" :lol:)

We told them about the Winefest, which he mentioned during the show and was brought up in the Register review. It was just general chatty sort of stuff, nothing earth shattering.

It's gotta be just as awkward for them as it was for us, but they still made us feel very welcome and at ease. :D

thats amazing!! and yeah im sure its just as nervous for them meeting new ppl as it is for us too! :stunned: even tho they are celebs! were u able to get a pic with them together or anything or no? :)

Not me personally, no. The contests were completely separate, even though we were in the same room. The girl from Capitol Records asked Jackie if we could do a pic, but she said after the interview. And then it was just Will left, so hence why it's just us and him. It was a very strange thing, but I'm just glad to have gotten to meet them. I never in a million years thought it'd ever happen to me.

Thanks again, Liz! And might I say that Chris and Jonny were MUCH taller than I thought they would be, Will MUCH thinner (and def. better lookin! :D) and GUY is soooo damned tiny! I just wanted to pick him up and put him in my pocket, cute little Scot that he is! hehehe

thanks for the awesome pics and vids everyone:)

DSCN0904.jpg

:dead::bomb: dear gawd, when i die i wanna come back as chris' viva shirt:bomb:

DSCN0913.jpg

i've never seen them this close together before, so hawtt!:bomb:

what a great experience that was, good on you, thanks for sharing:nice:

Thanks again, Liz! And might I say that Chris and Jonny were MUCH taller than I thought they would be, Will MUCH thinner (and def. better lookin! :D) and GUY is soooo damned tiny! I just wanted to pick him up and put him in my pocket, cute little Scot that he is! hehehe

:lol:

It's true that you never know how tall Chris and Jonny really are until you see them in real life! Will is really cool in person, and he seems to be always wearing some sort of really awesome hat :D I'm ashamed to say that Guy probably wears smaller jeans than I do :P

Still, lovely interview :D Such great luck! Coldplaying karma @ its best! :dance:

Aww...I read somewhere that Chris is 6'2", and Jonny looks about the same height. Geez, if Guy is that tiny, I'm going to tower over him when I meet them in 34 days. I'm 5'10" and my husband is 6'2". I hope we can take pics with all of them.

Were there other contest winners in with you?

"I know the kind of thoughts that are going through Lori, Mel, and Angie's minds when they look at this picture:laugh3::sneaky:"

DSCN1051.jpg

OH YEAH!!!!!!!! :wink3::wink3::wink3:

Thanks for this and for my pic and for alllll the other pics you took Gianna! Seriously, :dead: And I mean that. Wow. :dead:

"I know the kind of thoughts that are going through Lori, Mel, and Angie's minds when they look at this picture:laugh3::sneaky:"

DSCN1051.jpg

OH YEAH!!!!!!!! :wink3::wink3::wink3:

Thanks for this and for my pic and for alllll the other pics you took Gianna! Seriously, :dead: And I mean that. Wow. :dead:

My first thought is who's fat fucking head is blocking your shot. Because I wanna see where Chris' other hand is. :sneaky:

actually most US venues do let us have cameras like that as long as their isnt a detachable lens! and this one doesnt have a detachable lens ;) plus Gianna said the one time she had a problem she kept argueing with them and they finally got tired of her and let her through with it!:P

Oh okay ! I'm not sure we're as lucky in Europe :\

Haha I'll remember that if they annoy me :P

Awesome pics again !