✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

21 Jun-2009: General Motors Place, Vancouver, Canada - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists

Oooh nice pic :D

mcourchesne http://twitpic.com/82u6i - Singin' you oooooo oo ooo are... #coldplay

djkeng Thinking I'll need to buy the DVD of Coldplay Live in Vancouver

OhEmG ridiculous production, 15 thousand people and a front row seat doesn't always make for a better show. sigh...coldplay has lost what i loved.

Yarbo Coldplay's lead singer is wearing a green armband at the Vancouver concert. I wonder if it is to show support for Iran? #iranelection #neda

malcolm42 So close! Swing!

lmcourchesne http://twitpic.com/82v18 - Just spiked a giant yellow ball, during... uh, Yellow. #coldplay

PandiBearSRT Coldplay! http://mypict.me/4YhA

1185042.jpg&percent=0.3125

fiver303 @Coldplay live is just as awesome as I expected! Celine Dion shhhtttttt! ;-P

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stevewandler http://twitpic.com/82wnv - ColdPlay...viva baby!

And C-stage.

stevewandler http://twitpic.com/82xmq - ColdPlay up close

SerenRoseDry vancouver just did a cellphone wave at the coldplay concert. it was amazing!

adurian Still at GM Place. Coldplay is amazing. Unbelievable energy.

nataliehelm Coldplay just addressed us as 'vancouverians' :)

durnin First #Coldplay encore. Excellent fucking show!!!

LynnSteven Still @coldplay! Amazing show!!! http://twitpic.com/82yxl

Remy9070 at the #Coldplay concert. Pretty damn good show.

jordankellyw It's weird how a song can be so powerful it moves you to tears. Coldplay has that power people.

Coldplaying Karma!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

malcolm42 Got the lovers umbrella. Chris gave it to me

AdamSeckel Coldplay, you just won yourself a perminent spot in my top 3 concerts

gilliankortje Coldplay is amazing. My life is complete.

Lucky Malcolm :D

Does that mean it'd be the last time Chris will be using the umbrella for Lovers in Japan???

deeandfriends AWESOME ! it worksssss. man,Coldplay rules.

abrahamsaca @Coldplay is shooting tonight and tomorrow's shows in Vancouver for a live dvd, great news!

causticchick @coldplay Thank you for an amazing show! It's shows like this that make me don't mind that I'm. $100 poorer. Oh, and $40 for the tee shirt.

gabrimcc COLDPLAY concert was amazing

maarymcmillan Omfg, coldplay was absolutely amazing! <3

lilchick Coldplay. Can I just relive this forever? Pretty please?

SerenRoseDry just saw coldplay again and fell in love with chris martin all over again

DocBells Father's Day just ended with Coldplay in Vancouver. Awesome!!!

Oguchi Coldplay surprised me with a really good stadium show...

Just got back. Chris mentioned specifically that the filming was for a concert DVD several times tonight, last night I wasn't so sure I heard the word 'DVD' but tonight I definitely did.

Who knows if it's for release or not. It could be that they don't want to announce a DVD that will be for purchase in the future? Or perhaps it really is just something for the bunch of them to watch in the future. But, he definitely called it a concert DVD whether that means it will be released...who knows.

Another fantastic show, I'm just terribly sad now that it's all over. Back to reality...*sigh*

The energy in the floor area looked amazing, so good job folks seated there. My row in 106 were a bunch of fuckin' lamos though(not all of 106). They didn't know songs other than the hits, and even sat down INBETWEEN songs. So, they had to be CONVINCED to stand again, ugh. Most of the time they did end up standing again, but it was irritating to watch. One guy near me kept getting up and leaving and coming back to do I don't know what, since he never came back with anything (beer, food, etc). Having him walk infront of me constantly while I was into some moment and having a blast was just irritating. But other than the few lame people who were around me the crowd looked energetic like last night, and maybe even more so in certain parts.

I had a way better view of all the action in 106 than on the floor where i had to stand on my tippy toes, but again, just a bit jealous of how everyone was letting loose down there, while I was one of the few people dancing all crazy where I was. I was glad I got to see the full extent of Chris's dance moves tonight. :D He really couldn't be more cute with all that, really I don't understand reviews that say he needs to do less "rockstar posturing" and leaping around...it's clear he's just having fun and I think it helps get the audience into it.

Setlist the same as last night. Some of Chris's banter and antics were different, some the same. Chris put on the dragon costumey thing during one song, think I got a picture of it. :D

Chris has us sing that last bit of yellow, the "ooooow" part for Guy and inserted comments about Guy being handsome in the last line. Guy looked cute and shy being put in the spotlight like that hehe.

Saw someone with a sign that said "Chris are you having a laugh" and lol'd in rl. :D

Maybe today my hearing has been broken in by last night's concert, but tonight sounded somehow clearer to me and Chris's voice sounded better. Could very well have been my imagination or me remembering wrong.

I have some pics and videos from tonight, but my camera battery died during LiT II so I'll look through them tomorrow to see if anything is worth posting. :)

Oh talked to a security guard who was checking people's tickets in my section (i was one of the first people in), and he said he'd just met Chris and that he had been playing ping-pong, and was a completely down to earth, friendly guy.

Wondering if a career as a security guard for GM place is my true calling in life now. :p

Just got back. Best Concert of my life! Me and the girlfriend decided to go early. She was pouting before the Howling Bells, jokingly of course! Then a guy in a Viva Golf shirt comes up and talks to us. Gives her a Viva La Vida pick. I talked to him, I asked if he was Roadie 42 and he said no. He then told us he was the video manager, his name was Andy! Said they were just filming for Archives, but Chris said a lot that they were filming for a DVD. I asked him if Phil was here and unfortunately he went home a day ago.

So we sit through Howling Bells and afterward I look over, and Andy is on his way, says "Chris just sent me with these. His thanks to you guys for being such great fans have fun!" He handed us two tickets Row 4 right on Jonnys ramp! Life could not get any better.

Snow Patrol come out and well I go crazy as they are my third favorite band. I got a few looks from the Bassist and A thumbs up from Gary. It just keeps getting better ad better!

Then Coldplay come on. Blast through there set which was better then Last night, better audience! A few point i am inches from Martin and Jonny. All night though they just ignored us fans at the side. Until Lovers In Japan, having fun with the butterflies then Chris gets his good old Parisol, dances with it and when he is done, looks right at me smiles hands it to me! I turn and give it to my girlfriend, every girl just started screaming. She was so happy!

To top it all off, the security guard gave me a setlist. Its a photocopy from Winnipeg, and really worn, but I got everything I could ever hope for. Coldplaying karma does pay off. This has been the best experience of my life!

If you read this, amazing guys!

Congrats Malcolm! was it you who was originally in 106? if so, you're very lucky to have been placed over there, since as I mentioned, the energy on the floor looked amazing!

I should have tried my luck talking to some of those roadie types, but Im just too shy.

Just got back right now. Amazing concert. Setlist was same as last nights.

We had pretty good seats, but when they came down to the B-stage, we were able to move right up to the stage and stand there so that was pretty cool. I was able to see Chris' beads of sweat all over his face. It was amazing :D.Got some very good shots of the boys.

I think I saw Roadie#42, but he ignored me when I called him. :P Chris put on a chinese dragon costume during Lovers in Japan and then whipped out the umbrella near the end. All of them seemed very energetic. Guy looked at me for about 5-7 seconds and I nearly fainted. I got a video from about every song. The cell phone wave was really cool. Crowd was really loud.

Chris ran straight to his car with his sweaty clothes on and everything. ( the security guard told me ). We were waiting outside for Will and Guy for a long time. I saw them quickly rush to their car while everyone was standing on the opposite side.

Alright, I think thats it. It was an incredible show! That's not the best review but it 1 AM and I have to wake up in 5 hours. Goodnight everyone!

Oh and about the DVD thing. Chris mentioned it several times and at one point we had a camera man standing right in front of us. He turned around and filmed all of us in the section.

Now I'm not sure if it's being released a a live DVD so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Here's some pics and some really shitty videos that will probably only be bearable for me to watch as they're more just to keep as memories.

Asking us to show Will some appreciation during Hardest Part

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eueLNcXGHfo]YouTube - Coldplay, SP, HB 074[/ame]

C-stage ditty (wont be able to see anything, just to hear the improv ditty)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91LerUWOwnM]YouTube - Coldplay, C-stage ditty, June 21 Vancouver[/ame]

tiny bit of Politik

(i had more of the song from the beginning, but stopped filming when some guy had to get infront of my camera because he was fucking LEAVING. seriously did not like the group of people next to me and the group infront.)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XiC4kpTabs]YouTube - Coldplay, SP, HB 086[/ame]

I'd have recorded longer videos, but my camera was showing me the Low Battery sign 5 pictures into Snow Patrol, so I was paranoid and wanted it to last to the end. (it finally died during LiT II!)

ColdplaySPHB039.jpg?t=1245684490

ColdplaySPHB049.jpg

ColdplaySPHB063.jpg

ColdplaySPHB065.jpg

ColdplaySPHB072.jpg

ColdplaySPHB083.jpg

ColdplaySPHB096.jpg

Oh also, judging from this picture, I think the dragon costume thing was during Lost!

ColdplaySPHB082.jpg

Sorry I know theyre not the best pics/vids :\

OMG. BEST CONCERT EVER!!!!!

I went by myself last night, but I didn't let that stop me from having a lot of fun. I was on the floor, row 11, seat 8 - right at the corner of the Jonny ramp. So every time Chris or Jonny walked down the ramp, I was able to just step out a bit to take a photo. A few times however, I was tripping over when other people in my row wanted to get to the stage. I was the tall woman in the blue t-shirt. This time, I arrived just as Howling bells were starting. They did a good job with the energy, considering there were still a lot of empty seats at this point. Then snow patrol - awesome - the guitarist kept smiling at the audience. The people arriving next to me said they just bought their tickets that morning on ticket master. I was having problems with my camera, but got a few good shots. The security guard near me was very strict about not letting people take videos. I think it was during VivaLaVida when I was within a few feet of Chris:wink3:. When yellow came on, I was having more fun playing with the balloons than watching the band. When LIT II came on, It was like heaven having all of those butterflies fall on me:) But I think my favourite parts where when Chris was at the piano. I saw one person getting a set list, so I immediately went over and asked for one too. It is from Winnepeg. What a truly amazing night - set list, butterflies, CD, program, Oxfam flyer, inches away from Chris and Jonny, balloon popping near me - and to make it a perfect night, got home quickly over the new Golden Ears Bridge!!:P I will post pics later.

Did you see Chris hand me the Umbrella then?

I was 106, I met the nice security guard too. I didnt talk to the Roadie he came and talked to me and my girlfriend. Asked if this was our first show, It was my third her second. I asked if he was #42 and he said no, asked if Phil was here or not. He seemed surprised by my knowlage, came back after the Howling Bells and upgraded us!