✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Elbow

SuchARush

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha I'm not surprised. He well & truely murdered it, if you ask me. Ususally I'm a big fan of wacky cover versions but that was too much for me. Kudos to him for picking Mirrorball tho when he could have gone for one of the obvious hits like One Day or Divorce :shrug:

Will be interesting to see how Elbow return the favour, I can't imagine them doing a bad cover of anything.

• 1 month later...

Elbow's version of Peter Gabriel's 'Mercy Street' - Out Now

When Peter Gabriel recorded a version of Elbows 'Mirrorball' on his last album 'Scratch My Back' it was only a matter of time before Elbow returned the favour.

Peter Gabriel's 'Scratch My Back' project was conceived as a collaborative enterprise between Peter and the bands he chose to cover.

He would cover one of their songs, and they would cover one of his in return, creating a further collaboration 'I'll scratch yours' scheduled for release next year.

The build up to the album release will see one track being made available on every full moon, this month being the turn of Elbow with their cover of 'Mercy Street'.

You can now preview the cover and watch an excellent documentary - featuring Guy talking about the project - right here on Peter Gabriel's website.

Download 'Mercy Street' EP from iTunes now