✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Elbow

SuchARush

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, nobody's perfect :rolleyes:

I was only saying it was a good plan to avoid paying apple money, ever since they have got in that new variable pricing a lot more songs are for sale for 99p, even when 7digital and others are selling them for 49p.

Makes you wonder how much profit apple must be raking in from sales

Elbow On Fearless Music TV - This Saturday Night

Heads up everyone - Elbow will be featured on Fearless Music TV in NYC this Saturday night (5th June).

The show features a recorded live performance of 'Mexican Standoff' - so tune in to Fox 5 in NYC at 12:30am this Saturday night.

If you don't live in New York - click here to check out Fearless Music TV's website and find out where and when your local station is broadcasting the show.

Sorry, I didn't post it in time :shame:

Top post right there! Just wish they'd put the album onto Spotify :(

Buy it! :dance:

i know this is a generic choice but On A Day Like This always floors me. its just beautiful!

:wacky: you heard it with the BBC orchestra backing? (and btw, it' One Day Like This :P)

• 3 weeks later...

Guy Garvey on his favourite things

The Elbow frontman on Mad Men, Peter Gabriel and how W.B Yates and Robert Frost inspire him to write lyrics

“Amiable” and “ursine” are the epithets that crop up most often after encounters with Guy Garvey. It’s hard to verify the latter quality on the phone, but the former is evident in spades. This emotionally fluent indie songwriter has plenty of reasons to be sunny, having walked a delicious line between critical acclaim and commercial success with his band Elbow’s rapturous, Mercury prize-winning album, The Seldom Seen Kid (2008). The Mancunians’ follow-up is due next year, but in the meantime there is a new double single: Elbow’s witching-hour cover of Mercy Street by Garvey’s childhood hero Peter Gabriel, plus Gabriel’s cover of Elbow’s Mirrorball, recorded for his Scratch My Back project. Garvey’s voice has often been compared to Gabriel’s — when he did the cover “it was impossible not to sound like Peter, so I didn’t try”. So what does Gabriel think? “Ten out of ten, from one of my heroes!” Garvey also has his beloved radio show on 6 Music, which exposes him to new music that “changes what Elbow write, ultimately”. He would be “absolutely devastated” if 6 Music closed. “When no one else was playing Elbow’s music, it kept us alive.”

Mercy Street/Mirroball is out now

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article7146103.ece

Guy Garvey on his favourite things

The Elbow frontman on Mad Men, Peter Gabriel and how W.B Yates and Robert Frost inspire him to write lyrics

“Amiable” and “ursine” are the epithets that crop up most often after encounters with Guy Garvey. It’s hard to verify the latter quality on the phone, but the former is evident in spades. This emotionally fluent indie songwriter has plenty of reasons to be sunny, having walked a delicious line between critical acclaim and commercial success with his band Elbow’s rapturous, Mercury prize-winning album, The Seldom Seen Kid (2008). The Mancunians’ follow-up is due next year, but in the meantime there is a new double single: Elbow’s witching-hour cover of Mercy Street by Garvey’s childhood hero Peter Gabriel, plus Gabriel’s cover of Elbow’s Mirrorball, recorded for his Scratch My Back project. Garvey’s voice has often been compared to Gabriel’s — when he did the cover “it was impossible not to sound like Peter, so I didn’t try”. So what does Gabriel think? “Ten out of ten, from one of my heroes!” Garvey also has his beloved radio show on 6 Music, which exposes him to new music that “changes what Elbow write, ultimately”. He would be “absolutely devastated” if 6 Music closed. “When no one else was playing Elbow’s music, it kept us alive.”

Mercy Street/Mirroball is out now

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article7146103.ece

:bigcry:

:lol:

Yeah, they played Starlings, The Bones Of You, Grounds for Divorce, Mirrorball, The Loneliness Of A Tower Crane Driver, One Day Like This and Station Approach (as soul non TSSK) :awesome: but not in that order.

They were great, and Guy pulled a good joke while Mark was fixing his guitar :lol: