✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Elbow

SuchARush

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from the MEN gig tonight, which was absolutely flipping incredible! The band themselves seemed quite overawed by the noise & enthusiasm of the crowd. Guy was constantly asking the crowd "You all ok?", after touring with Coldplay over the summer, I wondered if he'd picked that up from CM :lol:

People in the crowd sitting right on the immediate left and right of the stage (must have had real crappy view!) were all given white t-shirts and told they were the Elbow choir. Guy got them singing bits, especially the woah-oh-oh's in GfD. It was so good.

I got some vids, dunno how good they are, will d/load camera in the morning and youtube aything decent. :)

Aw..great gig.."one day like this a year'd see me right" :D

I had side view seats and I had an amazing view! It really was a fantastic gig, I was made up they played 'Bitten By The Tailfly' and 'Scattered Black And Whites' :-D

Here's what I managed to filmed.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ692i64yqU]YouTube - Elbow - M.E.N. Arena, Manchester, 18th September 2009[/ame]

Elbow Album 5

well they are in the studio, not like 2009, but within the span of 12 months

On Elbow's (awesome) website (News Section) he reports on Sept 22/09 that they're heading to the studio the next day to start recording album 5.

• 3 weeks later...

Elbow are to be the subject of a South Bank Show, focusing on the band's career.

On the show Guy Garvey and co will look back over the 18 years it has taken the group to achieve massive mainstream success, which they did with their most recent album, the Barclaycard Mercury Prize-winning 'The Seldom Seen Kid'.

The episode will include never-before-seen archive home video footage of Elbow as teenagers, as well as exclusive live footage from last month's Manchester MEN Arena show.

The show will be broadcast on November 15.

Meanwhile, Elbow will be re-releasing a deluxe edition of their debut album 'Asleep In The Back' later this month.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

elbowheader3.jpg

On Sunday 22 November, Absolute Radio are paying homage to one of Manchester's finest musical exports, Elbow.

http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/listen/

Tune in between 7pm and 8pm for an exclusive documentary on the history of Elbow. We speak to Guy Garvey, Mark Potter, Craig Potter, Richard Jupp and Pete Turner about their Mancunian roots and how they became one of the most loved and critically-acclaimed rock acts in the UK today.

But it doesn't end there! From 8pm until 10pm, we've got live music from their triumphant Manchester MEN homecoming show, performed earlier this year.

We'll have a selection of live tracks available online for you to catch up on, right here, after they have been on-air. You'll also be able to download a series of podcasts on iTunes, containing over 3 hours of conversation with the band.

http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/music/elbow/index.html

• 1 month later...
Absolute class band. More innovative than Radiohead could ever wish to be. It's honestly not a dig at Radiohead it really is just so obvious.

how is elbow more innovative than radiohead? I mean, I love me some Elbow, but they wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for the Bends and OK Computer.